It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a Russian submarine surfaced near the Statue of Liberty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: RussianTroll

a reply to: RussianTroll

Far more likely they sailed partially submerged, under cover of darkness, into the vicinity of the Statue of Liberty to make a political statement to the West.

Sorry, but no competent Captain of a multi-billion dollar advanced nuclear submarine would knowingly sail his boat into water that shallow. He would be relieved of command immediately and likely spend the rest of his life in the Russian far east!

This is just the personal opinion of an ordinary ATS user. who suddenly decided to put himself in the place of the commander of a nuclear submarine and generals of the General Staffs of the United States and Russia))))

I beg your pardon!!

I will have you know, I am the former Captain of the nuclear submarine, Red Oktober. I defected to the West seeking political asylum, and took my sub with me.

(I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...and the night before).

Cool!!!
Revelation to revelation. I am Barack Obama)))

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Far more likely they sailed partially submerged, under cover of darkness, into the vicinity of the Statue of Liberty to make a political statement to the West.

Sorry, but no competent Captain of a multi-billion dollar advanced nuclear submarine would knowingly sail his boat into water that shallow. He would be relieved of command immediately and likely spend the rest of his life in the Russian far east!

This is just the personal opinion of an ordinary ATS user. who suddenly decided to put himself in the place of the commander of a nuclear submarine and generals of the General Staffs of the United States and Russia))))

I beg your pardon!!

I will have you know, I am the former Captain of the nuclear submarine, Red Oktober. I defected to the West seeking political asylum, and took my sub with me.

Cool!!!

I KNEW it!!

I just KNEW it!

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

RT, while you're online, can you tell us anything about something at sea that DID happen?

I am referring to the recent Russian Navy intervention against a ship hijacking. I think it involved a Russian destroyer putting Somali pirates to flight.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I beg your pardon!!

Cool!!!

I KNEW it!!

I just KNEW it!

I got pierced. Now they will begin to accuse the democrats of having ties with Vlad (((((

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Oops. Found it--

tinyurl.com...

Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

RT, while you're online, can you tell us anything about something at sea that DID happen?

I am referring to the recent Russian Navy intervention against a ship hijacking. I think it involved a Russian destroyer putting Somali pirates to flight.

Cheers

As far as I know, Somali pirates have been out for a long time (glory to the US and Russian armed forces). Recently, pirates attempted to hijack a container ship off the coast of Nigeria. An SOS signal was sent. Nearby was a Russian warship, a helicopter with a special forces group took off from it. The pirates saw the Russian helicopter and immediately got off the ship, the crew of which locked themselves in a protected cabin. This is general information. I can search more in the Russian internet sector.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Got it. Thanks. Good work by the Russian Navy.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I beg your pardon!!

One ping only, please.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month."

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The African piracy thing could be stopped in its tracks really easily!

After they round up the pirates on a given boat, just take one pirate at a time and cut their leg and toss them off the back of the boat, like "chum" in the water. Let the sharks eat them...one by one.

All those pirates will find another line of work in short order!

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I beg your pardon!!

One ping only, please.

One Ping is a sonar tech on Changzheng 4 and is waiting patiently for orders.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Do you remembe the news story of a few decades back of a mysterious submarine running aground off Stockholm harbour? It sat there for days with nobody claiming ownership, and the Swedes wondering what to do. I can't remember what happened in the end.

No.

I do know about the Soviet submarine that ran aground off Northern Norway in 1985. We had seen an unidentified submarine in the Med in 84 and the pictures didn't come out. We were flown up in a P-3 to see if it was the same type that we had seen. It was and my pictures DID come out. I might even get to see them some day.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The pic looks photoshopped a bit. Humorous troll job, RT, but any Russian sub Captain would not go into shallow water and risk grounding and being run over in a busy harbor. The prudent thing to do would be get into deep water and break out the sextant. With good sightings, the location would be known within a few miles.

If you want to brag, talk about K-329 Severodvinsk. Not as surprising as the titanium alfa class but still an accomplishment.

ETA: The US really appreciated all that Soviet titanium used for the SR-71. At the time, they had no idea they were chasing their own metal.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
RT, I was curious about the location you listed under your avatar, so I looked it up on Bing Maps. Saratov is a bit downstream from a town where my best friend once lived while he taught English as a Second Language (ESL). He's in Turkey now, teaching the same. Having looked that up, you don't seem so foreign to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Of course, I remember this incident and some others like it. As it turned out later, the Swedes mistook a school of fish for a Russian submarine, which were emitting gas bubbles. Laughter stood on both shores of the Baltic Sea)))))

Perhaps there was more than one such incident reported. I could swear to having seen a long-distance newspaper photo of deck and conning tower just above water. There might even have been a crewman visible.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
RT, I was curious about the location you listed under your avatar, so I looked it up on Bing Maps. Saratov is a bit downstream from a town where my best friend once lived while he taught English as a Second Language (ESL). He's in Turkey now, teaching the same. Having looked that up, you don't seem so foreign to me.

Hi, yes, I live in Saratov, in the city center, near the Volga river. across the river I can observe the airfield and the military base where the White Swan and Bear long-range bombers division is based. Every day in the sky there are contrails from them)))
But I was born and raised in the city of Baku.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Of course, I remember this incident and some others like it. As it turned out later, the Swedes mistook a school of fish for a Russian submarine, which were emitting gas bubbles. Laughter stood on both shores of the Baltic Sea)))))

Perhaps there was more than one such incident reported. I could swear to having seen a long-distance newspaper photo of deck and conning tower just above water. There might even have been a crewman visible.

"Russian submarines off the coast of Sweden" is a well-known Internet meme in Russia. Swedes are very suspicious people. Even if they have a UFO, they will say - a Russian submarine)))

Question: What should Russian nuclear submarines do in Sweden? What is there in Sweden. what is unknown to the Russian military?)))

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My problem is I don't remember one damn bit of that particular event. And that's the real problem here, not the Russkies magically surfacing near the statue. It's that it never happened where I came from. But I'll check with Sorcha and see what I can find.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The newspaper headlines I remember were pre-internet.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My problem is I don't remember one damn bit of that particular event. And that's the real problem here, not the Russkies magically surfacing near the statue. It's that it never happened where I came from. But I'll check with Sorcha and see what I can find.

Perhaps you are being ironic. I know how Sorcha Faal is treated on the forum. Very few people in Russia know this site, but leading analysts and political educators know, but prefer to remain silent when talking about the seriousness of Sorcha.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join