It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Boosters Will You Take?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This thread is for those of you that are pro-covid vaccine. I have a few questions for you relating to vaccines. I would really like to understand your decision making process, and what your plans for the near future are. Your responses will be greatly appreciated!

1. How many boosters will you be willing to take? Is there a limit?

2. Are you currently up to date on your adult vaccination schedule? CDC Adult Vaccineation Schedule

3. Prior to COVID, did you take the flu shot every year?

Thanks for reading, looking forward to your replies!

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Sorry to say, but a pill is in the works at the moment. The boosters in the future just won't pan out very well. The first one people will more likely go for it, but the million dollar question will come into question about " why more boosters are needed ".

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I know lots of people who take a 'flu booster every year ..... Always assumed covid would be the same.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Both me and my partner had COVID 19 in January, it was not very nice for myself for about 3 days but my Mrs was really bad for about 10-12 days.

She would have been hospitalised had there been space but the hospitals were at capacity down to the pathogen and weather conditions at the time.

We have both been fully vaccinated(double dose), me with Pfizer vaccine, and her with the AstraZeneca vaccine.

I had absolutely no reactions whatsoever aside from a sore arm on both occasions and my partner experienced COVID 19 like symptoms with her first injection down to having had COVID 19 only a few weeks before hand and and no reaction with her second jab.

As to the booster, i will take such because i was fine with other two jabs.

Prior to COVID 19 ive never had a flu shot in my life.
edit on 30-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
I know lots of people who take a 'flu booster every year ..... Always assumed covid would be the same.

For covid shots it is not once a year but I think once every 3 to 6 months and certainly not more than 6 months.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Not a one, I haven't even been jabbed and don't plan to.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Covid is a Coronavirus, which is basically the flu, so I'll tale my free shot every winter, just like I do every year.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanZoller

For covid shots it is not once a year but I think once every 3 to 6 months and certainly not more than 6 months.

If community transmission were brought down, for example through vaccinationnatural immunity, social distancing, hand washing and mask wearing, then it would be annually at best, and then only in the winter.

Covid is just flu on steroids. So once there is more immunity in society we'll treat it the same as any other flu.

This whole 3-6 month thing is ridiculous, it's a scare story by snowflakes who are afraid of their own shadows.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Are you up to date on your adult vaccination schedule?

Why do you feel the need to take the flu shot when it is absolutely useless?

a reply to: AaarghZombies

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Flu shots are 40 to 60% effective. How is that useless?

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

If anyone thinks covid and flu are the same thing they need their head check. Covid is not seasonal.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake I would think that having had covid you would already have immunity and would not need the booster.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

GP still advised getting vaccinated.

Because of the people i am around.

Apparently the latest analysis shows that if you have had the COVID-19 infection.

And then go on to be vaccinated, it gives "longer lasting protection than simply being vaccinated or natural immunity alone."

www.mayoclinic.org...
edit on 30-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
None, no double shots of "vaxines" either.
2 Flu Shots got sick both times. Never again

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
How did you come up with that number? The science states otherwise.

www.cochrane.org...

a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Winstonian

Flu shots are 40 to 60% effective. How is that useless?

It MIGHT be 50% effective in a good year but that's right off the bat. It's certainly much less than that after few months when flu peaks in February. Probably not even 20%.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The effectiveness of our flu shots can vary and depends on whither or not they manage to guess the magic strain for any given year.

2004 10% effective.
2016 40% effective.
2017 38% effective.
2018 29% effective.
2019 39% effective.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DanZoller

The way I understand it, Covid 19 is more transmissible in colder months. Also being that it is so easily transmitted and the high numbers of infected it is hard to determine until it is less wide spread.

Here are two studies that suggest it is,

This study qualitatively and quantitatively analyzes the role of seasonality in the spread of COVID-19. We find that COVID-19 infectivity and mortality of SARS-CoV-2 are both stronger in colder climates, and COVID-19 seasonality is more pronounced at higher latitudes. Numerical simulation indicates that seasonality alone is not sufficient to stop the virus transmission in the warm season, but it should be taken into account in the future planning of intervention measures. Our findings have important implications in the control and prevention of COVID-19. Rational policy planning aggregated with beneficial effects of seasonal variation may provide a window of opportunity to expand healthcare capacities and develop effective and safe pharmacological treatments. In winter months, cases of COVID-19 may surge along with other coronaviruses’ infections and seasonal influenza, which would trigger a substantial increase in the demand for healthcare system resources. Although vaccines have streamed into communities to protect people against coronavirus, scientists warn that herd immunity to the COVID-19 is not likely to be achieved in 2021 (VOA News, 2021).

The role of seasonality in the spread of COVID-19 pandemic

And one from Spain,

The roles of climate and true seasonal signatures in the epidemiology of emergent pathogens, and that of SARS-CoV-2 in particular, remain poorly understood. With a statistical method designed to detect transitory associations, we show, for COVID-19 cases, strong consistent negative effects of both temperature and absolute humidity at large spatial scales. At finer spatial resolutions, we substantiate these connections during the seasonal rise and fall of COVID-19. Strong disease responses are identified in the first two waves, suggesting clear ranges for temperature and absolute humidity that are similar to those formerly described for seasonal influenza. For COVID-19, in all studied regions and pandemic waves, a process-based model that incorporates a temperature-dependent transmission rate outperforms baseline formulations with no driver or a sinusoidal seasonality. Our results, so far, classify COVID-19 as a seasonal low-temperature infection and suggest an important contribution of the airborne pathway in the transmission of SARS-CoV-2, with implications for the control measures we discuss.

Climatic signatures in the different COVID-19 pandemic waves across both hemispheres

edit on 30-10-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I have had Covid. It holds no mystery for me, and therefore holds no power over me. I haven’t had any of the vaccine and I’m not going to. I try to live a peaceful life, live and let live. If anyone tries to force the vaccine on me or my mate, there will be rage, violence, and bloodshed. The pro vaccine crowd would be wise to leave us alone.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanZoller

We have no idea as yet. It may be no annual booster will even be needed. Here in the UK they're not sure under 50s will even be offered a booster as it's not thought necessary.

I'll have it, when offered, because it's free and it would be silly not to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join