It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alec Baldwin SHOOTING

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

Or the round passed through one and hit the other. The person who was injured has been released from the hospital so it couldn't have been that bad. I'm still sticking with a prop gun failure that sent fragments.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
On the Tim Pool pod cast he talks about this story and he references a source (I can't remember off-hand) which had a quote from a witness stating that they just got done doing a scene and the director wanted to do another take and Baldwin said something like why don't I just Fing shoot both of you and pointed the gun at them.

If that is the case and it is true it is not good for Baldwin. Ultimately he is responsible for the gun and what/who he points at. Just a weird and sad situation

Well now
Not like AB has made inflammatory statements previously.
But, probably an "accident ".

edit on 22/10/2021 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm quite the big gun guy, or at least the idea of why the second amendment exists (I'm not a collector, I just have what I think I need for the intended purposes).

That said, and with the understanding of how easy it is to apply digital effects in movies these days, why can't they just apply the sound (which they do anyhow) AND the muzzle flash digitally and get rid of the need for blanks altogether? At least in scenes where firearms are pointed at human beings, which would probably 98% of them, give or take.

It's super easy to see if there is not a round in the mag or chamber, but it's not as easy or probably remembered to double check which type of round is in the gun right before "action" is called. That would take out one element of potential danger, even if it's improbable that this type of incident occurs.
edit on 22-10-2021 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Vector99
Yet no explanation to why a LIVE round was ever near a prop set.

The way Local 44 is spinning it is the film took the cheap route and didn't have a union armorer/prop master on set and this person screwed up.

I wonder if some angry unionist wanted to "make a point".

That is an interesting angle.

I struggle to believe that a union member could be that callous just to make a point but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I'm quite the big gun guy, or at least the idea of why the second amendment exists (I'm not a collector, I just have what I think I need for the intended purposes).

That said, and with the understanding of now easy it is to apply digital effects in movies these days, why can't they just apply the sound (which they do anyhow) AND the muzzle flash and get rid of blanks altogether? At least in scenes where firearms are pointed at human beings, which would probably 98% of them, give or take.

Kind of like star wars, or star trek?

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Or the round passed through one and hit the other. The person who was injured has been released from the hospital so it couldn't have been that bad. I'm still sticking with a prop gun failure that sent fragments.

So a fragment passed through one and hit the other?

Doesnt sound as probable as 2 bullets

Im thinking shootout scene and Baldwin has a fully loaded gun and hit 2 people before they even realized
edit on 22-10-2021 by sciencelol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If the casing fragmented or the gun powder had large pieces in it that went downrange, there could be more than one fragment. Just something to consider.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Only if it's those sweet lazer effects from the 70s.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Being that we are on a conspiracy site.

My thoughts go to a set up. I've read through the years that Baldwin has made some enemies. Maybe payback. There are some sick people out there with lots of money to influence some dumb desperate peson into believing he is doing something for the good of humanity.

link   

If the casing fragmented or the gun powder had large pieces in it that went downrange, there could be more than one fragment. Just something to consider.

Possible yes.

But so is 2 bullets or more.

I know this , whatever story they tell us will be a lie.

link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Only if it's those sweet lazer effects from the 70s.

Nobody got hurt from those props, right?

Pewpewpew

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I struggle to believe that a union member could be that callous just to make a point but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Speaking as someone who has had his car firebombed by a Union and a window shot out in a van I was riding in by a Union, I wouldn't put anything past them.

By the way, both times I was NOT crossing a picket line.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol
So a fragment passed through one and hit the other?

Multiple fragments. I said that if there was a live round the bullet may have gone through or grazed one and hit the other.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Some prop guns have restrictors in the barrel. This allows for a louder sound and larger muzzle flash from a less powerful blank. If a restrictor failed, it could have fragmented and came out the barrel.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It is awful ironic a guy who constantly preaches to us pleebs about gun control shot 2 people

And he has a tweet from 2017 saying "I wonder how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone"

LOLOL

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A guy on another site said something that I found interesting. Everybody is referring to Baldwin firing a "prop gun" that did this. I didn't know that a "prop gun" is not capable of firing a live round. That is not a film industry term, it is actually an ATF term. The designation "prop gun" allows them to be rented from companies specializing in them, doesn't require a background check to transfer them and allows those who are not allowed to have a firearm to work with and on them.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Yeah, I was always under the impression that these guns are real firearms, and that they just fired blanks or other types of bullets that are designed to not release a projectile. I can't imagine what is done to them to designate them as "prop guns" here in California, other than they just give the state government tons of money.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Imagine the damage they could have done with a flagpole and the loaded prop gun it would have been a massacre

You have a vivid imagination, I'll give you that, what with you thinking there's an official story out already.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Speaking as someone who has had his car firebombed by a Union and a window shot out in a van I was riding in by a Union, I wouldn't put anything past them.

By the way, both times I was NOT crossing a picket line.

My grandparents operated a large poultry farm in Los Angeles in the mid 1950s. Union thugs torched their all of their egg laying chicken barns and kidnapped their youngest grandchild. Kept her for 3 days until they signed a contract and promised to fire all their Mexican workers and hire white union men.

edit on 22-10-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Imagine the damage they could have done with a flagpole and the loaded prop gun it would have been a massacre

You have a vivid imagination, I'll give you that, what with you thinking there's an official story out already.

LOL did you already forget about this post

originally posted by: Vector99
Some people here would have you think it's just an oops moment, when in reality a movie set should never ever have live rounds on it.

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed on the New Mexico set of the Alec Baldwin film “Rust” after she was shot by a prop gun fired by the film’s star and producer, Alec Baldwin. IATSE Local 44, which covers prop masters, sent an email to its members early Friday morning that said the gun used in the scene contained “a live round” and the production’s propmaster was not a member of Local 44. Director Joel Souza also was hit and injured by a bullet and was treated at an area hospital before being released. Source

Sounds exactly like what i have been saying, live rounds and another person hit with a bullet not a fragment

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join