It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do i call this? It bothers me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I dont know how i do it and it drives me crazy. I will now explain the latest occurrence was i was in the break room at work 2 other people in the room with me ( 1 of who is my mother in law) i laid my head down for my 30 minute lunch.
according to the other 2 people in the room i was asleep snoring and this is where it gets wierd it was like my body was sleeping but i was awake it was pure darkness but i could hear every single word they said during lunch.

I woke up and told them i could hear them while i was snoring my butt off of course they didnt believe me until i repeated their conversation for em lol.

This happens to me all the time and when i finally wake up its like i was never asleep. makes me a grumpy sob lol

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I get something similar sometimes. I lay in bed with my eyes closed , but will be able to see , though I'm not asleep .
I'm not sure how to describe it , I will see wild moving images , or sometimes just the room I'm in. Could be similar at least to what you're experiencing.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: holydarkness

If it feels like you were never asleep, you probably weren't.

You might research Obstructive Apnea or Snoring While Awake. For whatever reason, the person snoring isn't usually able to hear it or detect the snoring themselves when they are doing it, but others can. You're blocking your airways when you put your head down.

edit on 12-10-2021 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

If it feels like you were never asleep, you probably weren't.

You might research Obstructive Apnea or Snoring While Awake. For whatever reason, the person snoring isn't usually able to hear it or detect the snoring themselves when they are doing it, but others can. You're blocking your airways when you put your head down.

I have obstructive apnoea and I can definitely hear it when I'm asleep, wakes me up every gd night.

Now when I had central apnoea, I didn't hear a thing... I just stopped breathing as my cns would forget to tell my lungs to breathe... That stuff is damn horrifying.

As to the op, I tend to agree with deetermined. you get so sedated with exhaustion or tiredness, you're not quite asleep... but your body is acting like it is. some people do really snore and not realise it. I just can't fathom it. then again, a mere cricket wakes me up...

edit on 12-10-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I'd call it normal.
One can use it for productive things like listening to lectures lol
Though the snoring might be a problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: holydarkness
I dont know how i do it and it drives me crazy. I will now explain the latest occurrence was i was in the break room at work 2 other people in the room with me ( 1 of who is my mother in law) i laid my head down for my 30 minute lunch.
according to the other 2 people in the room i was asleep snoring and this is where it gets wierd it was like my body was sleeping but i was awake it was pure darkness but i could hear every single word they said during lunch.

I woke up and told them i could hear them while i was snoring my butt off of course they didnt believe me until i repeated their conversation for em lol.

This happens to me all the time and when i finally wake up its like i was never asleep. makes me a grumpy sob lol

This is textbook lucid dreaming. Happens to me alot when I fall asleep in front of the TV. The program I'm watching becomes a part of my dream so I remember what happened after I wake up.
edit on 12/10/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've experienced something similar myself recently. Watching TV with the wife when she says I've been snoring my head off on the couch, yet I can recall being awake and watching the show eyes open, no snoring. But she swears I was asleep.
I can then recall the shows plot and what just happened right up to that point to prove I was aware.

Yet on some level I know I was asleep while also awake. It's a weird feeling. I think due to having an extremely vivid imagination my mind might be mentally making me see what is around me through audio cues and knowledge of my environment while my eyes are indeed closed. Guess it noise cancels the snoring too. lol (and I'm a loud snorer.)

I guess its kind of like hallucinating reality? lol Like a form of lucid dreaming If that makes sense?

I don't like it when the experience gets dreams elements mixed into it though. Like dreaming while you're consciously awake, but physically asleep.

But it is good when I need sleep but still want to watch TV shows and nothing weird happens

edit on 12-10-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Totally normal. We'll be watching TV and I'll hear my wife snoring, but she's awake enough to follow whatever show we're watching. I ask if she's asleep and she gets pissed!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Mind awake body asleep. Happens to me a lot. That is the perfect/required state for out of body travel. You should give it a go!

top topics

join