It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest cancels 1000 flights We all know why

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You seem to be in a position for me to ask this question and get an honest response.

How close are we to getting planes to land themselves? I already know auto pilot is on for 99% of the flight and the pilots only take off and land. Once we get that hammered out, there won't be any use for ATC, it will all be automated. Computer on the plane talking to the computer in the tower (won't be any use for the tower either).

If anyone reading this is scared by the fact a computer flys a plane, this isn't anything new, look it up.

Its already being done regularly.You have Garmin’s Autoland system for example if the human pilot becomes incapacitated—a passenger just has to press one button and the plane will land. Military aircraft have flown without a human aboard for several years now takeoffs and landings. The only purpose for a pilot is in certain situations where decisions need to be made for unusual circumstances

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Personally I feel I shouldn't require a license to drive a car or own a gun but nobody changed the law because I'm offended by state regulation.

Apparently only store bought guns need be registered.,and those over a certain percent

Do i have to register a home made gun?

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Vaxxed and need a job??? Lol

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My friends in low places tell me American Airlines is next…

Guess we’ll find out soon enough

Also read this

news.yahoo.com...

Pilot union warns of staffing shortages if American Airlines refuses vaccination exemptions

edit on 10-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I read a quote from a pilot, but it was shared as secondhand information on social media, that before the mandates take effect, they decided to use up all their paid vacation time, all at the same time. Call it a protest of a sort...I don't blame rhem.
I cannot verify the validity.

I’ve read the same, we’ll see if other airlines start to cancel too.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Relax people, their are a lot of Haitian Pilots at the border, Biden will be giving them exemptions soon.

Piolet crisis over.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I just read an NBC news affiliate report that the flights amounted to 28% of Southwest’s total.
WGAL 8 TV
edit on b000000312021-10-11T04:58:14-05:0004America/ChicagoMon, 11 Oct 2021 04:58:14 -0500400000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Could be, but that's a very, very, expensive call on their part!

The pilot's union reiterated their stance this morning that it wasn't a walkout so either they're all lying or there was issues with weather and ATC.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Get rid of all the non compliant workers and replace them with military...

If that's not outright fascism, I don't know what is.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Not to knock on Guard pilots, but they are some of the worst guys we fly with in the civilian world. Hence a lot of contract companies won’t hire them. I’m being vague on purpose.

I see a lot of potential openings with lowered standards in the airline and heavy cargo industry. Maybe they will waiver the ATP and let regular Commercial pilots fill SIC positions! Wooo wooo!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Personally I feel I shouldn't require a license to drive a car or own a gun but nobody changed the law because I'm offended by state regulation.

Funny way to render your soda flat here is Michigan -- a large number of drivers up here aren't insured, let alone have valid licenses.

The licensed drunks on the road seem to be a consistently bigger problem, so since moving to this state, my stance on driver's licenses has shifted a bit. To considering ehhhhh, perhaps that license doesn't really mean # when it comes to operational competency.

Edit: And no, I'm not saying drive around unlicensed, I'm pointing out sometimes the You Did It! rubber stamp...holds no value when the recipients aren't any better than the ones who are denied one.
edit on 10/11/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
This fear is driving people to act in ways they wouldn't normally and its not for the betterment of all I fear.

I agree with you there. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Could be, but that's a very, very, expensive call on their part!

The pilot's union reiterated their stance this morning that it wasn't a walkout so either they're all lying or there was issues with weather and ATC.

You missed a very valid option. They couldn't admit that it was a walkout because it might be against some contract stipulation. Covering their butts, so to speak.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I was going to write a post about a related subject. Since I used to fly a lot, I'm follow the airlines on social media. On thing I noticed in the last few weeks is suddenly there were all these posts encouraging/demanding Southwest require mandatory vaccines. I never seen these types of posts before - they seemed fake - They almost all used a version of the same line.

I've seen posts for people who are pro-vax before - these were too similar to each other and under posts that had nothing to do with vaccines or safety.

BTW, the union isn't going to admit there was a sick-out. There are laws regarding strikes and labor disputes, so if it was caused by the pilots calling in sick they will never admit it.
edit on October 11th 2021 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
They couldn't admit that it was a walkout because it might be against some contract stipulation.

It's not something they could keep secret for long and they specifically said they did not tacitly approve a walkout because of the fines they would incur.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
They couldn't admit that it was a walkout because it might be against some contract stipulation.

It's not something they could keep secret for long and they specifically said they did not tacitly approve a walkout because of the fines they would incur.

but if a large portion of pilots all took vacation at the same time, I bet it would look a lot like this. Or not.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
but if a large portion of pilots all took vacation at the same time, I bet it would look a lot like this. Or not.

I'm pretty sure SWA would have noticed this and commented.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

JAGStorm

YES, we know WHY. and ATS Member 727Sky posted a thread about the Southwest Pilot's Union wanting to sue because of the mandated vaccinations.

I posted a comment by United States Senator Kelly Townsend, in another thread, but it applies to the airlines mandates also.

"We are not a fascist country. The White House cannot call up airline executives and extort their will with threats. Even though the airline executives have caved to this illegal pressure, the employees hold the cards. The airlines cannot operate without them and if they choose freedom over safety/money and they decide walk instead of getting an experimental jab, the airlines come to a halt. The Federal government will have to relent and remove these illegal mandates.

Yes, the most powerful people in the country right now are the employees. They have the opportunity to save America as we know it. It has been sorely proven that government cannot save us. It will take the power of the purse and the raw desire to be free to turn this fascist ship around.
If we choose comfort and a pay check, however, or are unwilling to face the temporary discomfort of this strange financial war, then we have fallen indeed. It is now up to the individual American to take their stand for the sake of future generations.

The founders risked their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor, for our sake. We are their beneficiaries. Now we are up to bat. Will we swing and miss, or hit it out of the park?
Batter up."

from Senator Kelly Townsend

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Just passing along a "non"-update, but still an update.

I haven't seen the operational status news yet this morning. I said I would update 1st thing, but I don't have anything yet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join