It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest cancels 1000 flights We all know why

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, come tomorrow morning I will know exactly what the issue is / was (if it's over). The airlines may be able to obfuscate things to the media, but they can't obfuscate things to us. We know where the equipment is, where the crews are, and if the equipment is moving, or not moving...and why. The airlines might be able to tell fabrications to the media, but they can't tell fabrications to us...and they won't tell fabrications to us...because there are monstrous penalties (i.e. money and profits) if it can be proven (which is easy) that it wasn't something out of their control. AND, we're masters at getting to the truth, because they ALL lie!

This is just SWA playing the over-the-weekend news cycle. Come Monday, the truth will come out.

I should know by 6am - 8am (latest).

P.S. Many airlines pay by usage. If they're not going to use something (like a gate), they will cancel well in advance, else they get charged for it. Acts of "God", or events out of their control, will cause them to hold onto gates, else they don't have a gate to dock at. Events they know in advance will cause them to wave off. (It's much more complicated than this, but this is one business where you cannot lie...period).

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh okay, NVM then. No point in further discussion because the skies are perfectly empty and quiet all around the globe.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm pretty sure it will be something unsurprisingly typical like general airline incompetence.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm pretty sure it will be something unsurprisingly typical like general airline incompetence.

Could be, but that's a very, very, expensive call on their part!

And again, they can't lie. Absolutely no way out.

P.S - It's not like we don't have equipment sitting on the ground. Crews either show up to operate that equipment, or they don't. Crews brought that equipment here, and they should be flight-ready to operate that equipment the next operational day.

There's just no way to lie, or obfuscate, the issue. If we're pushing back "empty pigs" off the gates to the "penalty box" to let another airline in...the game is up. Fuel is another issue; no way to play games there either. There's just no way to lie!

edit on 10/10/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Since the airlines receive bailouts and subsidies from the government, and haul US mail, does that technically make them government contractors? Meaning the BiaDan mandate applies to airlines with a set date of November 22nd? Just curious since there’s always some sneaky loophole one way or the other, in this case beneficial to BaiDan.

Also ATC are all mostly Fed workers with Fed contractors, they too face the Nov 22 jab or loose your job.

I bet USAJobs.gov gets a huge job postings soon.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So how do you imagine the airlines alleviate the problem so quickly? It's not like they have extra planes and extra crew to "catch up". Every missed flight is 50+ passengers that now need to get on another flight while over lapping the already scheduled flights.

I'm honestly curious how they do this, I've always been on a plane the next day if I have to sleep in the airport.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

So how do you imagine the airlines alleviate the problem so quickly? It's not like they have extra planes and extra crew to "catch up". Every missed flight is 50+ passengers that now need to get on another flight while over lapping the already scheduled flights.

I'm honestly curious how they do this, I've always been on a plane the next day if I have to sleep in the airport.

All great questions!

First, airlines are no longer required to 'protect' you on another airline. Thank's, Biden. So now, you might wait for days, not hours.

Second, flight planning, and more importantly, gate planning, is a very complex science. Many mathematicians are employed in this area. It's very complicated. I'd love to go to Vegas with one of these guys!!! Seriously!!

Flight disruptions, especially due to weather, are huge! It takes days, even weeks to recover from something like this. To the passengers (or "PAX" as we call them), the airlines try to make it as harmless as possible, but it's a huge deal, and it costs millions, upon millions, of dollars to correct.

Recovery is not easy at all!

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Airlines aren't the only one getting cover by the media over these mandates vs employees.
Both Stories are from My Northwest.

From Sept 2nd

And there are rumors flying around that some ferry workers might stage a sick-out over the holiday weekend to protest Governor Inslee’s vaccine requirement. Ferry workers have until Oct. 18 to be fully vaccinated or face losing their jobs.

From Oct 8th

Rep. Barkis (R-Olympia) is leading the charge to better understand what has gone wrong with Washington’s ferry system, and what can be done about it.

The staffing issue is largely the result of the complex way in which the ferry system is structured. Most of its positions are scrutinized by the Coast Guard and organized labor safety requirements that constrict the flexibility of its staffing model.

This was the problem identified by the JTC by way of a study that was commissioned by the legislature, even before the pandemic further complicated the ferry system’s staffing crisis.

From Oct 10th

Due to severe crewing shortages, the Washington State Ferries announced plans to operate an alternate service schedule on Sunday.

Planned services will be reduced across the board.

As with the airlines, it would seem that if the "Special People" don't want people traveling around they can just inconvenient everyone to the point of nobody wanting to go anywhere.

I wonder when Trains will get the reduction stick next? To me it looks like that "New Green Deal" crap is more in play than anything having to do with vaccine mandates. After all, if an Afghan refugee comes into the country, or a Haitian crosses the boarder, or some other "Protected People" come in to the country they don't need to prove vaccinations, but to travel or move around in this country one does?
edit on 10-10-2021 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You seem to be in a position for me to ask this question and get an honest response.

How close are we to getting planes to land themselves? I already know auto pilot is on for 99% of the flight and the pilots only take off and land. Once we get that hammered out, there won't be any use for ATC, it will all be automated. Computer on the plane talking to the computer in the tower (won't be any use for the tower either).

If anyone reading this is scared by the fact a computer flys a plane, this isn't anything new, look it up.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Being lied to by the media, the corporations and the government is standard now.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

This really should not be a political issue. There are worker shortages everywhere. It’s unfortunate, but I don’t think people have any business flying with an evolving virus and worker shortages.

Also, just get the damn vaccine. Those of you who won’t are making worse for everyone else. Just selfish.

First, You made your own post political with that, very much so even.

Second, There worker shortages because companies with over a 100 employees are forcing them to get vaccinated or fired. On top of that anyone who works less then 10 hours a week receives the covid welfare.

That is how the shortage in employees is created.
Enjoy your third "Booster" shot.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Andrew Ross Sorkin

Reminder:

@SouthwestAir accepted $3.2 BILLION from taxpayers. That money kept its pilots employed during the pandemic. It also made

@SouthwestAir the first airline to post a profit. And now, apparently, many of those pilots don’t want to help society by getting vaccinated.

Twitter

It might be time to dust off the pitch forks and torches.

People are not happy when their flights get canceled.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

No one should be forced to get the vaccine.

If flights start being canceled, if hospital's or police services or utility services get interrupted as a result, then maybe the government should rethink the vaccine mandates instead of punishing those who want to self determine.
edit on 10-10-2021 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Personally I feel I shouldn't require a license to drive a car or own a gun but nobody changed the law because I'm offended by state regulation.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If flights start being canceled, if hospital's or police services or utility services get interrupted as a result, then maybe the government should rethink the vaccine mandates instead of punishing those who want to self determine.

When America Journalists take to Twitter to vilify working americans instead of questioning the government I don't think the government has any reason to rethink its actions.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
When America Journalists take to Twitter to vilify working americans instead of questioning the government I don't think the government has any reason to rethink its actions.

To me, it sounds like you're saying this: If all your friends jumped off a cliff, you would, too. Just because they're all doing it, does not make it right. So.... what is your actual opinion in this particular matter? Should the government keep trying to gain more and more control over people because you think that's the best course, or should they be moral and rethink their position? Are you okay with government's actions right now, with what they're doing? I'm just curious.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Government, any government will never willingly cede power to those they feel they must rule.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
there's a whole lot of disgruntled screeching from inconvenienced travellers on reddit, twitter etc. it's somewhat ironic that people who were smugly saying 'well fine, you don't HAVE to get vaccinated but you do have to live with the consequences' are now discovering that they themselves are also affected by those 'consequences'. ouch.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Government, any government will never willingly cede power to those they feel they must rule.

I assume you are correct

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

To me, it sounds like you're saying this: If all your friends jumped off a cliff, you would, too. Just because they're all doing it, does not make it right. So.... what is your actual opinion in this particular matter? Should the government keep trying to gain more and more control over people because you think that's the best course, or should they be moral and rethink their position? Are you okay with government's actions right now, with what they're doing? I'm just curious.

No, I am not ok with government's actions right now. But I don't see them as a monolithic entity all trying to steal our rights through forcing us to get vaccines and wear masks.

I am far more worried about the individual human actions that are putting fear in place of rational decision making. Fear of a virus, fear of being controlled, in the case of this tweeting Journalists fear of being irrelevant; unfortunately these days the list of fears is almost endless. This fear is driving people to act in ways they wouldn't normally and its not for the betterment of all I fear.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join