It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who cheer for totalitarian control over their lives are insecure little babies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Bear with me because it's not an insult, there is science behind this.

Babies are cute, but they are helpless. Not able to navigate the world and understand it, they seek comfort and protection from what they don't understand. The mind of a fresh born baby is in a state of confusion. Where it had not to care about it's life functions before, like breathing, eating, getting rid of the processed food, temperature (...), it now is forced to.

Here is a quote I typed from a very interesting book ( to the book club).

Man has two faces; he wants to grow toward maturity and freedom, and yet the primitive child in his unconscious yearns for more complete protection and irresponsibility. His mature self learns how to cope with the restrictions and frustrations of daily life, but at the same time, the child in him longs to hit oout against them, to beat them down, to destroy them - wether they be objects or people.

Totalitarianism appeals to this confused infant in all of us; it seems to offer a solution to the problems man's double yearning creates. .

Totalitarianism is man's escape from the fearful realities of life into the virtual womb of the leader. The individual's actions are directed from this womb -from the inner sanctum. The mystic center is in control of everything; man need no longer assume responsibility for his own life.

The rape of the mind: The psychology of thought control, menticide, and brainwashing
by Meerloo, Dr. Joost A. M

We flourish when we face challenges and you, the reader, are living proof of this. You came a long way from that womb, don't give in to the yearning to drop responsibilities for your actions and calls.

Because the next baby want's to get a chance, too, to grow like you did. Caving in to totalitarian thoughts no only robs you of your own responsibility and growth, but also the next generation.

Add: Changed a spelling issue in my title only.

edit on 30.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: changed title from ..."control of their lives" to "control over their lives"

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This was clear when I told my son, "You need to think for yourself," and he responded, "I don't need to think for myself."

I didn't raise him with that mentality. (We're, honestly, pretty certain there's s female involved, sadly.) His saying that made clear to me that he was in regression to state of immaturity and irresponsibility.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Awesome topic, TDDA

( to the book club) I'm looking forward to the comments here and will try to add something of more substance after work today.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Reminds me of Loki giving his speech to the crowd of people on their knees in Germany in the avengers movie.
Loki told them they longed to be controlled as well.
Do you remember the Steven Spielberg quote?
“For those who know, movies tell all”

I believe you are truly onto something here!

Great OP!....

Thank You.......😎

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: Talk to text does not understand Swamp Yankee

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
It was you that brought up the book, all credits go to you!

I waited until I made a thread on ATS, until after we discussed the baby part, to see what others have to input

Still at start of chapter 7 so no hassle.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut
Yes I remember vividly, the place it was filmed is very familiar to me.

I loved how the old dude would stand up, he knew from live experience what to do and not to do (it's a movie, I know, but the message
)
edit on 30.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Fair theory, I believe every man fights the duality of being a man in today's times.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
This was clear when I told my son, "You need to think for yourself," and he responded, "I don't need to think for myself."

I didn't raise him with that mentality. (We're, honestly, pretty certain there's s female involved, sadly.) His saying that made clear to me that he was in regression to state of immaturity and irresponsibility.

how can a person not think for himself? you would have to outsource your brain for that.

your comment reminds me of one of the sworn men in the movie '12 angry man' who talks about his son and how disappointed he was when his son as a teenager ran away from a fight... and that they didn't speak to each other for years.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I like to point out that man is "mankind", the book is a bit older and not using newspeak. Not sure if I misunderstood your post and you were not referencing "man" in a way I thought.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: eXia7

I like to point out that man is "mankind", the book is a bit older and not using newspeak. Not sure if I misunderstood your post and you were not referencing "man" in a way I thought.

Oh, I just skimmed through the article thought it was specific to "men" But the same opinion applies to humanity.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yes, the burdens of freedom in a society are real. Those burdens entail nasty little words like responsibility and accountability among others, and some folks don't do very well with them.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Responsibility and accountability are not boundless. They stop where they infringe others personal rights and freedoms.

Like for example someone wanting to decide over what others inject in their body or not. Or eat. Or drink. Or how much they exercise or not exercise. I would say, that's the border. Sure there are obvious exceptions like driving under influence.

Just curious how most of the vaccinated want others be forced, while the unvaccinated (against COVID) just want the choice. I would say, that directly loops back to the topic. The need to control and rule over others life because of own shortcomings.

edit on 30.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Look at all the college grads still living at home. They could be living independently but likely doing jobs they didn't go to school for and would prefer to remain the womb a bit longer since reality doesn't match their dreams. Those of us who grew up in the last century went through lots of sh#t jobs just to get by - it was an accepted norm. Expectations have grown thanks to guidance counselors and social media pressure. Get that degree and you are on the track to success! Yeah, right.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

A good point. Adding to the comfy womb @ home is passive uptake of pre processed information and repeating of that information. Humans are habitual creatures.

Besides a few provoked "gotcha" thought transfer moments, most of the lessons are "eat or die". Very few of it is worked out by the individual, as it isn't even possible in a timely manner. No need to reinvent the wheel but from personal experience it hinders personal growth. I can only speak from my viewpoint as an autodidact.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The time to fight this has passed.

Remember when it was "two weeks to flatten the curve"?

We should have fought then.

Kind of hard to stand up to tyranny when the boot is already on your throat.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I am still untamed / of your tribe, so same side of the boot here.

Not living in rose-color-glass world but nothing is lost. There is still time and worldwide people are protesting. I too once made a sign in anger and held it up at a roundabout saying like "What will we tell our children about the day we only watched". In German though. Most peoples reactions were positive.

Drop of water on a hot stone? Maybe, but the steady drop carves the stone too. Don't give up, if my decision means to be called a dirty unvaccinated (although I just dislike this one), I take it with dignity until the day sanity arrives.

It's going to be tough and hard but we can still fight it, even if it is just words.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Responsibility and accountability are not boundless. They stop where they infringe others personal rights and freedoms.

Part of (personal) responsibility and accountability in a society is knowing where your rights begin and end in relation to others. I'm not sure what you thought I meant, but it sounds like we are in agreement if I understand your whole post correctly.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Oh no I was not trying to imply or analyse any opinion of yours, just wanted to add to your post.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Excellent post. I am reading the book you referenced right now. It is a great read!

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Speak now or forever hold your peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join