It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who cheer for totalitarian control over their lives are insecure little babies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
It's a treasure trove of insights and I will get the hard copy for my book shelf, for future grabbing.

For everyone else interested, it is only a few cents as an ebook. I loathe the big A online store but I own a kindle so there is where I got it. Forever entangled. Sure there are other places where it may be for free or a similar price.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Sometimes those burdens are discarded by the very people who often erode our rights. We live in an international world and I personally believe in that universal declaration of Human rights. Couldn't care less about others opinions on me having a vaccine for instance but I'd kick up a stink if my government attempted to force me to have one, I'm in the UK and I'm still unvaccinated...

Anyways I got a lot of flak on ATS and irl because of what my government tried to do at first with that terrorist harlot Shamima Begum, they tried to deny her citizenship because she had a right to apply for citizenship elsewhere, naturally they didn't want her so my gov's actions would have left her citizenship-less which is a big no no in terms of human rights.

I'm sorry but even a pos terrorist has rights and governments are bound to ensure them even when it's detestable, there's other options and we could have set up international accords to such too. I agree with your points and I find great irony in a government attempting to wash itself of responsibility... I also wonder how much tax payers money went to propaganda in ensuring it wasn't held accountable for it's failings.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I saw this, this morning.

Proposed bill would require COVID vaccine, negative test for domestic air travel ahead of holidays

Its actually the first time I heard "Today I introduced legislation requiring passengers on domestic flights to be vaccinated, test negative or be fully recovered from a previous COVID illness.

So now are they saying you don't need the vaccine if you have fully recovered from Covid? Is that the policy now? This is the first I am hearing of this?

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Often we're not cheering for people controlling our lives, we love our freedom as much as everybody else.

What we are cheering on is the state pulling its finger out and dealing with irresponsible people whose screw things up for everybody else.

Its like ... when your neighbor has an unruly dog that keeps getting out of its yard and trashing everybody else's. The neighbor has been told that their dog is wrecking up the neighborhood but they just don't care.

Then one day it just goes nuts and bites someone's kid.

We're not cheering on the cop who puts three rounds of 9mm in the dog's head because we love cops shooting dogs, we're cheering him on because the dog was a menace and somebody has finally done something about it.

Where I live we're got hit really badly by Delta. Like, really really badly. Nobody could figure out why, until they found that there was a group of people who weren't vaxxed, and who wouldn't wear masks, holding a bunch of private parties in a bar on the edge of town that was supposed to have been shut down. They were ground zero for a super spreader event, they spread it to their friends and their families and their kids took it in to the local schools. I don't even have a clue how many people died because of them.

They're the kind of people who won't listen to reason and won't take responsibility, so when the state takes away their freedom we're cheering it on. And I say this as somebody who lived under a communist dictatorship, so I know what tyranny looks like, and it ain't the state cracking down on the irrisonsible.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
This was clear when I told my son, "You need to think for yourself," and he responded, "I don't need to think for myself."

I didn't raise him with that mentality. (We're, honestly, pretty certain there's s female involved, sadly.) His saying that made clear to me that he was in regression to state of immaturity and irresponsibility.

Until he's 18 you think for him, and your wife thinks for you.

Everybody's happy, and nobody's sleeping on the couch.

Score.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

What we are cheering on is the state pulling its finger out and dealing with irresponsible people whose screw things up for everybody else.

Its like ... when your neighbor has an unruly dog...

So unvaccinated = unruly dogs, got it.

edit on 30.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: added quote for clarity

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I agree that even terrorist have rights to a due process if not shot in the heat of a terroristic attack, taken alive. Even more today, when the word "terrorist" has lost it's true meaning and is used to describe opposing opinions casually.

"The dignity of every human being is untouchable"

Even if that means that their dignity will be castrated or even death penalty, there has to be due process for everyone, that's the least dignity those will get or deserve. Because sometimes death would be the easy way out. For a child abuser, a life in prison will be more of a punishment than hanging them on the spot.

Abuse victim here, to explain my standpoint, I would be more comfortable knowing that the person is in jail than that it got the easy way out of the situation. Let them face blame their whole life, just like the victims have to struggle their whole life and sometimes even end their lifes.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Its like ... when your neighbor has an unruly dog...

So unvaccinated = unruly dogs, got it.

Ich belle, deshalb bin ich ein

🐶

Cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I smell BS from 6,000 miles away!!

Provide a "credible" link for that...or it didn't happen! Names, places, dates, vaccination statistics, hospitalizations, deaths, ratios...all of it! Else it's complete BULL SNOT!

Until then, you can put your rabid, ill-behaved, mongrel back in its kennel or I'll be glad to dispatch it myself! Won't need to have someone 'else' do it for me, and won't have one bad feeling about doing it either!

edit on 9/30/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Your post reminded me of another good and relevant quote from Meerloo's book:

The pressures of daily life impel more and more people to seek an easy escape from responsibility and maturity. Indeed, it is difficult to withstand these pressures; to many the offer of a political panacea is very tempting; to others the offer of escape through alcohol, drugs, or other artificial pleasures is irresistible."

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The implication was certainly there, wasn't it??

Apparently, those of us who have issues, either with the vaccine(s), or mandates are unruly canines and should be shot by the cops.

Since that seems to be the mindset of a growing number of people, I'm not at all surprised to see it.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Where I live we're got hit really badly by Delta. Like, really really badly. Nobody could figure out why, until they found that there was a group of people who weren't vaxxed, and who wouldn't wear masks, holding a bunch of private parties in a bar on the edge of town that was supposed to have been shut down. They were ground zero for a super spreader event, they spread it to their friends and their families and their kids took it in to the local schools. I don't even have a clue how many people died because of them.

You mean somebody pointed out they weren't in compliance and someone yelled WITCHES! Burn them at the stake. It's their fault we're all sick.

Where I live in rural America, less than one-third of the county is vaccinated and very few people where masks. Our infection rate is way under what the yearly flu used to be before the rona. The health department here tried to force everyone to comply with our governors mandates, but the police said they would not enforce it, so they had no teeth to bite with.

It isn't hard to find info for what I'm saying. There are other counties with the same experience. This is why when I see a story like yours above, all I see is the same witch-hunt we see nationwide.

edit on 9/30/2021 by Klassified because: clarify

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Seriously I stopped reading because I was disgusted by the comparison. Is that how far it has come, being compared to unruly dogs?

The borders are blurred everywhere, like I wrote in a different thread a few days ago. For those that advocate forced or mandated vaccinations the way they do, it's not far away from rationalizing sticking a needle into me by force, to other things into me with force, AKA rape. I worded it more gentle but you should get the idea. If the right to an unharmed body is taken, it's not a far jump to rationalize what else "is good for you".

We're already being dehumanized as dogs or disease carriers. It's right up the playbook from WW2 and nobody of those self righteous idiots get's it, no instead they even embrace it.

edit on 30.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We know right from wrong, we all are born with free will, but those that wants control over others are using all the tools at their disposal that only money and I mean a lot of money can buy to push agendas.

I grew up with a father that was a religious pusher, even when he though it was the right thing to do, salvation was and is his main source of food for his soul.

But when he tried to push the same religious believe on me I knew it was no right and I always pushed back, to the point that as an adult do not believe in religious organizations of any kind..

Soo when my children were born I let them make their own decisions and always told them to question everything and listen to their inner self.

Right now the propaganda that is been pushed against humanity is soo intense that people should be horrified and asking questions, no walking like sheep to the slaughter house or compliance.

It is sad and I am soo angry that my adult children due to fear of losing their livelihood has bend over to the darn covid crap, in a few more days my husband will be giving up too, when he has always been a fighter against discrimination.

I will never give up and will die to see the reason why I did not fold over.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Right-wing and left-wing 'strong' government is totalitarian.

The middle road are the true moderates. They stand by strong ethical and moral principles and don't need to be told about who to follow.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I smell BS from 6,000 miles away!!

Provide a "credible" link for that...or it didn't happen! Names, places, dates, vaccination statistics, hospitalizations, deaths, ratios...all of it! Else it's complete BULL SNOT!

Until then, you can put your rabid, ill-behaved, mongrel back in its kennel or I'll be glad to dispatch it myself! Won't need to have someone 'else' do it for me, and won't have one bad feeling about doing it either!

Arrghzombies,

Where's the link???

Nothing but crickets from you!!! Where is it??

You threw up some complete BS, Arrghzombies, and you can't back it up...can you???

Complete BS!!

I'm still waiting!! And I suspect I will be waiting for a very long time! YOU GOT NOTHING! You threw some crap out there hoping you could make a rhetoric statement, and you've failed!

Provide the links, and the facts...or you are FULL OF IT!!
edit on 9/30/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Challenges make us stronger and obstacles force us to innovate. This idea is not new. We know that overcoming problems drives progress. Problems will be solved only to be replaced by new ones. Its just the way of the world.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I once heard “ A man but once and child twice.” Meaning your born a child you become a man and when you are old your a child again more or less. Look at Biden for example.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
T̷o̴t̸a̷l̶i̴t̶a̴r̶i̵a̸n̶i̷s̴m̸ ̶i̴s̴ ̷a̴n̶ ̴i̷n̶e̷v̸i̶t̴a̵b̵l̴e̵ ̶b̵i̴p̵r̵o̸d̶u̷c̴t̶ ̸o̷f̶ ̵h̶u̶m̵a̷n̵i̵t̴i̵e̷s̵ ̵e̷v̷o̵l̸u̷t̷i̵o̶n̴.̴

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Due process is a necessity, opinions and accusations don't equal guilty. Yet mob rule still happens and court cases are ruined in the land of public opinion. All truths are subject once man discovers them? I feel they are anyways very few of us are capable of being an unbiased judge. People the d to be thicker than individuals.

I'm not a fan of the death penalty or physical punishment, as you say it's too easy and the latter pretty much guarantees a more violent and intolerant mindset imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join