It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You’re a loser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Here in straya the masked singer has hit the air. I don’t know what channel 10 were trying to achieve here.

This moron named George colambaris former top chef, and Masterchef judge,was convicted of wage fraud he was underpaying his staff.

Here is his wiki page detailing the fraudster.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Some how the idiots at channel 10 s terrible mistake trying to rejuvenate this tossers career by having him on the masked singer.

He should never be given a second chance. He screwed over his staff, ripped them off.

Glad HD lost his restaurant empire. Nothing but a dog.

edit on 16-9-2021 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
Here in straya the masked singer has hit the air. I don’t know what channel 10 were trying to achieve here.

This moron named George colambaris former top chef, and Masterchef judge,was convicted of wage fraud he was underpaying his staff.

Here is his wiki page detailing the fraudster.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Some how the idiots at channel 10 s terrible mistake trying to rejuvenate this tossers career by having him on the masked singer.

He should never be given a second chance. He screwed over his staff, ripped them off.

Glad HD lost his restaurant empire. Nothing but a dog.

One can never run from shame.

Good to see his face
people remember the shameless.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Just for my information, what does "straya' mean? I've seen this several times lately. Is it the formal name of a place, a town or a street? Or, is it a generic reference to an area, similar to like "suburbs" or "neighborhood" here in the US?

Just not familiar with this term, and I've seen it quite a few times lately.

If I'm not mistaken "straya" means "Street" in French (or is it German?). It is usually preceded by a name like "Main" or something's name.

Sorry for being dumb.

edit on 9/16/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: robsmith

Just for my information, what does "straya' mean?

It's just short for Australia

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SoundisVibration

Ahhhhh....okay!

That makes sense.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Lol, sorry it’s short for Australia, Aus straya, it’s slang.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

No you are not dumb you have written some really good threads. I am in the dark with other countries slang.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Glad he didn’t last too long. Though channel 10 are copping slot of flak about his engagement.

He is lower than pond scum.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I have never understoond this 'masked singer' twaddle. It's ridiculous. a giant kebab? just a twit in a costume. I don't get it. It absolutely highlights just how idiotic the world has become when this passes as entertainment.

I mean, as a kid we had the banana splits etc, but that was because it was aimed at children. This.... this is aimed at young adults.

And it's not likely to stop. We literally have become a black mirror episode.

As to george. when that fiasco made the other 2 hosts of masterchef quit, I was relived. Sadly, it returned with old contestants now somehow amazing and insightful chefs. I despair... :/

fishing shows, cooking shows, camping shows, I just want something engaging if I'm forced to look at the idiot box. And it is bereft of any semblance of intelligence.

I probably should learn to read and visit the library. it's just so tiresome...

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

If I'm not mistaken "straya" means "Street" in French (or is it German?). It is usually preceded by a name like "Main" or something's name.

Not that it matters, but the German word that you were thinking of is 'Strasse'. the French is 'Rue'.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

I don't understand Masked Singer either. It's like The Talk where they put up celebrities to talk about topics as if they're normal people. No they're not, so why are listening to them opine on things like they are?

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I feel for you, most of my entertainment is from sbs Australia. Love forged in fire do awesomely see blacksmithing skills still in use, isreally great to see.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Just like bono, I really enjoyed their music, then bono had his epiphany.

Then became all self righteous, a preacher. He made me regret buying his records.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

I feel for you, most of my entertainment is from sbs Australia. Love forged in fire do awesomely see blacksmithing skills still in use, isreally great to see.

Things like that are good, I'm a fan of many youtube channels where people educate others with actual skills and knowledge. Things that I think, we should know.

SBS is a bit too over the top for me, most of the time though. but that is an aside. but there are definite gems on SBS. Found myself more than once, channel surfing, and sticking to something there!!

The rest of free to air here is just.. holy moly... lol awful..

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Agreed there are some gems on late night tv. I got in to a series on channel 9 which was Soundbreaking, great doco on the creation of records.

Masterchef should be chopped!! Pardon the pun.

Forgot to mention a brilliant series on and narrated by peter coyote was “country music” brilliant 10 stars, really enjoyed it and the exploration of how Johnny cash jammed with Elvis at sun records, the million
Dollar quartet.

Loved it.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I could never get into those singing show competitions.
BUT Canada has a new show airing fresh out of New Brunswick.

These people build sand castles on the beach and they need to be completed before the tide comes in.
No, I’m not joking.
And yes, it’s called race against the tide.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why is anyone wasting any time watching crap out of the mind control box?

Baa Baa

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
I have never understoond this 'masked singer' twaddle. It's ridiculous. a giant kebab? just a twit in a costume. I don't get it. It absolutely highlights just how idiotic the world has become when this passes as entertainment.

I mean, as a kid we had the banana splits etc, but that was because it was aimed at children. This.... this is aimed at young adults.

And it's not likely to stop. We literally have become a black mirror episode.

As to george. when that fiasco made the other 2 hosts of masterchef quit, I was relived. Sadly, it returned with old contestants now somehow amazing and insightful chefs. I despair... :/

fishing shows, cooking shows, camping shows, I just want something engaging if I'm forced to look at the idiot box. And it is bereft of any semblance of intelligence.

I probably should learn to read and visit the library. it's just so tiresome...

Well, for someone who doesn't know how to read, you sure to write well. I just discovered a show on Netflix that falls into that talent competition motif, but was actually very cool and enjoyable. It's called Metal Masters (basically artistic welders who compete in metal art). Also, on Sci-Fi there is a wonderful show called Face Off. I don't watch the cooking or singing competitions, I feel much like you've described above, but I can whole heartedly endorse those two shows. Cheers...

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Oh, I only fake being able to write on the internet, it's just one of my many talents. Like also being human. As long as no one gets too close, the facade works !!

We don't get shows like that here, free to air is not satellite or cable. It's 5 channels with multiple personality disorder. I spend most of my time watching documentaries on streaming services. but even they have run out.

Right now, I'm binge watching UK comedy like 8 out of 10 cats. It's mundane, but the banter makes me smile. And my VR subscriptions, which are now getting horrible seeing as my quest 2 is going to be over run by the quest pro. Or historical docos, but you can only watch so many things about the pyramids, viking incursions into Britain, or finds of long lost dwellings buried under common places in London.

But books ! Never been one to finish one. The only 2 books I've ever read are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and a Clockwork Orange. Someone once told me to start with easier books. made me smile, because I'd told them I don't read books.. he took it as cant read.

Bit of a running theme when it comes to these things, I think !! haha
play along, I always say.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
We would watch Forged in Fire and Face Off. They were interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join