It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You’re a loser

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
This moron named George colambaris former top chef, and Masterchef judge,was convicted of wage fraud he was underpaying his staff

So...... he disagreed that the State should dictate what he should have to pay people, as well as how much if his income belonged to them?

Off with his head!

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That makes sense.

Only phonetically. I am sick of people that live in 'only or mostly' in the phonetical world, vomiting their customs and conduct into the written world, that has COMPLETELY DIFFERENT set of rules that should be respected, but aren't.

I learned english in the written form, first - and for the longest time, I didn't know how certain words were supposed to be pronounced (I lived in a culture that doesn't have the english separation between writing and pronunciation, every character is always pronounced one way, never any other, just like in japanese language), and when I heard them the first time, it was a SHOCK!

How on earth is english SO different in how it's written and spelled (the correct, proper, understandable, legible, logical english) and how it's pronounced (the bastrd of a mess, illogical crap, horrible breeding ground for mistakes made by stupid people, the most ridiculous thing that ever existed)?

How do you change a wovel's SOUND based on CONSONANTS around it? What kind of sense does that make?

If I could choose, I would never have to be exposed to spoken english again (and yes, I know how to pronounce english correctly, I know how to intonate it correctly, but I still hate how illogical it is).

How is it that some words are pronounced the same, but have a different writing? How is it that some words are written the same, but have a different meaning ONLY when pronounced differently? Why not just have different, separate words, then?!

For example, 'tear' and 'tear'. Shampoo that doesn't cause tears doesn't mean you don't cry, it means your hair doesn't tear into pieces. But it's translated wrong, because of the double-meaning of the written word!

Anyway, sorry, but I just hate when people do this - they bring the MADNESS of their pronounced english world into the written world, and then we have to scratch our collective heads as to what the heck is going on. I don't mind slang, if it's properly written, but there's something to be said about the limitations of mental capabilities of people that can ONLY use the simplest, most crude slang and can't even write that correctly.

I will draw a line in the sand, I will solemnly wov that I plan to NEVER use this particular phonetic insanity anywhere in any way, shape or form (unless I accidentally create a spaceship, whose surface might, by some kind of shape-design necessity just accidentally and purely by happenstance form those particular letters in a row).

Isn't 'murica' bad enough? Do we have to have the same butchering of EVERY country? Where does it end?!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join