It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fear Stricken Sheep Are Panic Buying Toilet Paper Once Again

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Oh boy, everyone go get your toilet paper. Hopefully everyone here is already smart enough to have a years supply already. If not, I guess we should consider you to be in the "Fear Stricken Sheep" who doesn't learn from recent history. One truth here, Don't use up your stockpiles.

www.shtfplan.com...

If history can teach us anything, it’s that humans don’t learn from history. In the spring of 2020, hoards of unprepared sheep stampeded into grocery stores and department stores to buy every last roll of toilet paper off the shelves. And it’s happening again.

Many Americans have used up their stockpiles and some have begun buying again in bulk, The Wall Street Journal reports. They obviously didn’t learn that they shouldn’t “use up their stockpiles” if they want to be prepared for another round of panic buying.

www.wilx.com...

LANSING, Mich. (WILX) - People have started needlessly panic-buying toilet paper again according to the Wall Street Journal; There has been an increase in production for these items and some retailers have limited orders.

'No toilet paper, again?!' Shortages and hoarding pop up as COVID delta surges

www.yahoo.com...

Remember the bare store shelves and shopping carts overflowing with bulk packages of toilet paper and bottled water during last year's intial waves of COVID-19? The bleak scenes at the big-box stores may be making a comeback, thanks to the COVID delta variant sweeping the U.S.

Don't be surprised if you can't find t.p. again at your local Costco store.

A new survey finds three-quarters of Americans are already seeing product shortages, and most shoppers also say they're planning to do some stocking up of their own because of the delta surge.

edit on 4-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I suspect we have a culprit.

Cornholio need his tribute.

Poor panicked Sheeples , we should pity them.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yeah, I went to Costco a week and half ago and they were totally out.

They also had a water purchase maximum of 5 cases, for the first time in almost a year.

I’m just sick of it all. Every last bit of it pisses me off. Even the word ‘Covid’ make me cringe beyond all compare.

I wish everyone would stop popping propaganda pills. Then we could get back to that crazy world we called ‘normal’.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The media coverage fuels the shortages.
If the news didn't tell them, they wouldn't rush out and stockpile as much, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thank your for posting that clip!!

I’ve been looking for it for years.

Every time I give a wine making presentation, it comes up when talking about the barrels ‘bungholes’.

The 90’s were truly the good ole days.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

I think there's a lot of truth in that , Confucius said "sheep need to see the lead sheep being led in order to follow".

*** don't fact check the quote***

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Oh boy, everyone go get your toilet paper. Hopefully everyone here is already smart enough to have a years supply already. If not, I guess we should consider you to be in the "Fear Stricken Sheep" who doesn't learn from recent history. One truth here, Don't use up your stockpiles.

[...]

Yes, it’s really getting hard to find good sheep toilet paper these days, and my sheep just don’t like the regular stuff you get from Walmart. Maybe Tractor Supply has some in stock?
edit on Sat Sep 4 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed Trim Those Quotes

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Stores should monitor items like this, and when they start to fly off the shelf, limit a few per customer. Simple solution. Why must everything be so complicated.

We know people hoard. We know it happens. So fix it.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Why would you have a years worth of toilet paper already if you aren't already a fear ridden sheep?

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There's a plastic shortage in the northeast- Poland Spring (those #ers) either own or work closely with the plastic providers, so their brand of bottled water gets priority for plastic bottles- the other brands of water are gone from the shelves.
Gatorade brand can't get bottles, so they've been out of stock for weeks.

I *HAD* a years worth of TP on hand, but the wife started getting mad about a year ago over it because she listens to the TV, so now we're probably down to a month. Guess I'll have to go out hunting for TP again.... wonder if I can hide it.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Why would you have a years worth of toilet paper already if you aren't already a fear ridden sheep?

Because you prep during times of plenty so you are not reliant on idiots for your well being.

The average american has less than a week of food in their household. How do you think that is going to work out if the trucks stopped rolling for a few weeks?
edit on 4-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
One word.........

Bidet

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

One word "Bidet".

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I guess there is a difference. Is one a sheep at the head of the pack or a sheep at the back of the pack.
baaaaa

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

They already have the capabilities to do this, but they like the boost in profit that panic buying causes.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I guess there is a difference. Is one a sheep at the head of the pack or a sheep at the back of the pack.
baaaaa

I tend to buy several months worth in one go, simply because it's convenient.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
The media coverage fuels the shortages.
If the news didn't tell them, they wouldn't rush out and stockpile as much, IMHO.

Social media doesn't help on top of that. Only takes one idiot post "#OMG the #stores are #running out #stock up while you #can!!"

This will make for some interesting behavioral analysis when it's finally over. Once someone has a multi-year supply of TP (which they didn't need anyway because Covid isn't that kind of flu), do they really need more? Is it for a sense of security or a feeling of "doing something"?

Maybe I'm a weird outsider, but I'm not resting all my hopes on a stockpile of TP.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies
Us as well. One large package which now goes a lot further since we got our bidet. One final swipe to dry and off we go.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The original story I heard was that a major toilet paper brand in China were ordered to manufacture masks like we're all doomed to wearing thanks to junk science and fake news. The sudden closure sent a panic buying wave that rippled out of China as fast as their frankenflu. Don't know if it's true but that's what I heard that seemed reasonable. Could be a sign mask production's about to surge.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sugar & Tea Bags here.
Way too many Idiots in the world.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join