It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fear Stricken Sheep Are Panic Buying Toilet Paper Once Again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

These people must be absolutely crapping themselves, boom!

Sorry, couldn't resist

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Good job Americans. Believe everything you see and hear and by all means screw everyone else over because of your selfishness. Dumbass “it’s all about me” people who have no idea how to make it in life. When the freebees run out I’ll bet crime goes up.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
The media coverage fuels the shortages.
If the news didn't tell them, they wouldn't rush out and stockpile as much, IMHO.

Personally I wonder, if it is just people buying it up.

In my neck of the woods, there is a been a weird rolling shortage on a wide range of products since the pandemic began. Every week their are bare sections on shelves were certain products are out for up to two - three weeks. Some products seem to get restocked sporadically if it all with long delays in availability. Employees always say it comes down to a shortage of those products.

It seems like the supply chain and manufacturing base is still suffering a lot of problems.
edit on 4-9-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: typo, additon

edit on 4-9-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: typo

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
There's a plastic shortage in the northeast- Poland Spring (those #ers) either own or work closely with the plastic providers, so their brand of bottled water gets priority for plastic bottles- the other brands of water are gone from the shelves.
Gatorade brand can't get bottles, so they've been out of stock for weeks.

I *HAD* a years worth of TP on hand, but the wife started getting mad about a year ago over it because she listens to the TV, so now we're probably down to a month. Guess I'll have to go out hunting for TP again.... wonder if I can hide it.

There's a great solution for most areas regarding water. Drink tap water. It literally has higher standards for contaminants and is wayyyy cheaper. Put it in plastic bottles if you like that added factor. Most comes right from municipal water supply anyway.

I get it, some places the tap is hideous tasting, but 90% of the country it is as good or better than bottled. Most filtered stream water is better than bottled by miles and takes very little effort.

I remember when bottle water first became a common thing. People laughed...a lot. Yet, here we are.
edit on 4-9-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Stores should monitor items like this, and when they start to fly off the shelf, limit a few per customer. Simple solution. Why must everything be so complicated.

We know people hoard. We know it happens. So fix it.

Why do limited-thinking people like you always rush to the catchall word "hoarding?" You have to make somebody that is more prepared or stocked up than you sound evil by labelling them. Why should it matter to you how much toilet paper a person has in their stock? What's it to you? Stay out of other people's business and stop trying to run their lives. Mind your own business. Please.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Seems bourbon and scotch doing fine so I'm good. I do buy my beef by the 1/2 cow 450 lbs and getting a half of pig 150 lbs here soon as I think meat in general can be something that disappears in a day at the store if people pick that as a next big thing they need to hoard.

edit on 4-9-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

There's a great solution for most areas regarding water. Drink tap water. It literally has higher standards for contaminants and is wayyyy cheaper. Put it in plastic bottles if you like that added factor. Most comes right from municipal water supply anyway.

My frig has a very nice micro filter and I really have no problem drinking tap water, or water out of a hose. We carry about 7 cases of water, but I do not really use it unless we are traveling on a trip, so I have zero clue why people consistently drink bottle water.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Why would you have a years worth of toilet paper already if you aren't already a fear ridden sheep?

There are legitimate reasons to have good stocks of anything, including toilet paper. My main reason is - have you shopped in the public lately?

That includes driving to the stores in the first place where everybody is tailgaiting you; not signalling and causing more accidents from bad driving behaviour; driving while talking on their cell-phones and not paying attention to their driving; being in a condition one step removed from road rage aimed at the next driver they see (which could be me); etc.

Then, when you get to the store: dealing with all the creeps that are the nasty and inconsiderate customers; stores with no helpful salespersons anymore; stores with employees who are just there for a paycheck and could care less about the customers; stores that never have what I want to buy that they used to carry last month; cheap products from China that aren't worth buying in the first place; mostly huge big box stores because they killed all the little mom and pop stores (where you used to shop) where there are hoards of people you might catch something from; etc.

That's why I hate shopping these days. So, if I can buy what I need to buy all at once and it will save me from having to go back to the store so much and deal with all this crap, I'll stock up. It's a no-brainer.

I bought toilet paper in May 2019 (I live alone.) Nobody was worried about hoarding or pandemics or anything at that point in time. The shelves weren't bare before or after I shopped. Nobody looked at me crossways for stocking up. I still have about 3/4s of that toilet paper I bought. That means I can wipe my butt from the comfort of my own home without having to deal with all the multitudes of yahoos out there in the public for about 6 more years. I had the foresight to think things like this out and now have to shop less for everything I buy. My hair is not turning gray because I don't have to deal as much with a society that is getting worse and worse. People these days are so narcissistic!

So, please don't lump everybody into the one category of "sheep." I am not an animal!

(I'm Spartacus! Movie reference there.)

TCB
edit on 4-9-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
One word.........

Bidet

I didn't vote for him. Oh.... you said "Bide "T". Excuse me. Nevermind.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Why would you have a years worth of toilet paper already if you aren't already a fear ridden sheep?

I guess there is a difference. Is one a sheep at the head of the pack or a sheep at the back of the pack.
baaaaa

I tend to buy several months worth in one go, simply because it's convenient.

Yes! And that means you're not a sheep in the front or the back of any pack. You think for yourself, as do I.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

If the news didn't tell them, they wouldn't rush out and stockpile as much, IMHO.

Once someone has a multi-year supply of TP (which they didn't need anyway because Covid isn't that kind of flu), do they really need more?

Your thinking is limited. There are lots of good reasons for having a good supply of anything. I mean, it's not like toilet paper has an expiration date, so it won't go bad. Duh.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
Sugar & Tea Bags here.
Way too many Idiots in the world.

Yes. And they think they have a right to dictate other people's behaviour.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I do buy my beef by the 1/2 cow 450 lbs and getting a half of pig 150 lbs here soon as I think meat in general can be something that disappears in a day at the store if people pick that as a next big thing they need to hoard.

Plus, you probably get a much better price per pound doing it that way. Very smart shopping!

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I mean, it's not like toilet paper has an expiration date, so it won't go bad. Duh.

Yep, but only if properly stored. Rodents and all you know. We had one of those large packages stored up on a high shelf in our detached garage and forgot about them. Two years later when we remembered they were mostly dust. We need more cats.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I mean, it's not like toilet paper has an expiration date, so it won't go bad. Duh.

Yep, but only if properly stored. Rodents and all you know.

That is a good point! And good advice. I do try to watch how I store everything so that it's safe. I keep a lot of stuff in those big plastic tubs with lids.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm just wondering how much toilet paper these people use. I have 4 living at my house and a 24 pack lasts us for over 6 months.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There's enough suckers to keep the media in the business of dishing out hysteria for a long time to come.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I'm just wondering how much toilet paper these people use. I have 4 living at my house and a 24 pack lasts us for over 6 months.

Some people only use one 4x4 inch sheet per visit.

The ones who want to save every tree, keep truck deliveries down, etc.

edit on 9/4/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Plus, you probably get a much better price per pound doing it that way. Very smart shopping!

For beef, 3 bucks a pound, and it is grass fed with no drugs and grain for like a month. Really good tasting meat.
edit on 4-9-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well I can't speak for the reasoning behind everyone's purchases,but the prepper channels that I follow are saying a combination of supply chain breakdowns and high price increases for many goods. They are recommending buying up whatever you can NOW. Especially because there is also talk of lock down again come fall.
I can't say I have a 5 year stockpile but there's definitely been an uptick in my food preps the last 3 months.
Call it a gut feeling.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join