It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do when your job gives you the vaccine ultimatum?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GFBufCA

None of that surprises me.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AcrobaticDreams

The easiest and most effective thing you can do is to plan.

Plan A) Convince the company it's a bad plan to force vaccination
Plan B) Get a group of employees together and agree to all walk they mandate it, not all will follow through, but just the show of force up front may be enough to get them to back off
Plan C) Have your resume ready and be ready to move to a state that has banned vaccinations as a condition of employment

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nemonimity

viral vector ain't much different than mrna

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: macaronicaesar

Stay true brother. The pandemic has pushed many people past their breaking point. Just focus on practicing looking after yourself and doing the little things that are within your control.

As mandates are being entertained, it's important to speak up and tell our government of the hazards new treatments can pose, and the challenges that are before us for with the issue in the workplace and our society at large.

I spent most of yesterday writing my MP. I like him, but harbour doubts about our Prime Minister. I don't know him that well, but one of his more ignorant comments he supposedly made last week was just the kick in the ass I needed to stop procrastinating and write to our federal government.

I don't really expect to make any headway with regards to the darker side of the pandemic. I used it moreso to bring up questions about legal considerations, an immunity passport, financial support for adverse effects beyond ei, welfare, or PWD. I asked about contingency plans, the financial implications of ongoing booster shots on our public health care system.

I brought up Israel and Gibraltar experience and how selling a vaccine in hopes of cutting transmission dramatically could be short sited.

Our community raises many valid questions. There's lots that common ground to build on. I hope if citizens tell the government about their concerns it can help our reps at various levels discuss and make changes more constructively.

It's a long shot, I find easier to look myself in the eyes this way.

My original idea was grabbing my box of matches, a megaphone, and screaming "Save the children" all day outside the Vancouver Art Gallery, lol.

I talked to a lawyer a couple of weeks ago. I got the distinct impression that these treatments would be rolled out in high risk environments or those who work with vulnerable populations.

I work outdoors, so it will probably take a little longer for this to be entertained in my workplace. I haven't worked camp lately, so hopefully that gives me some more time. The lawyer was understanding, and tried to encourage me to consider a viral vector vaccine. He isn't interested in playing games, so it was refreshing hearing him trying to reassure me about my choices.

I am comfortable letting mother nature take its course, and will wait patiently until my intuition shows me an option I can get behind.

I'd be even be more open to giving the nasal spray a try or maybe even Novavax.

I feel upset thinking about individuals being vaccinated with the limited options available. The rush just makes it easier to imagine Canadian health care in big Pharma's back pocket.

edit on 15-8-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

You shouldn't be so selfish. Get the vaccine. I don't know anyone that had adverse affects.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

They are very different. One is a modified virus your body fights off and the other is genetic material that alters your muscle cells for your body to fight.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AcrobaticDreams

August 17, 2021

BREAKING

The Biden Administration is preparing to "recommend" Covid-19 booster shots every 8 months...for years.

Source: www.usatoday.com...

We all know there are power-hungry and cash-hungry leaders in government, medicine, and business, who will treat this recommendation as a mandate. Millions of Americans will be forced to get another injection of these experimental drugs, if they want to _________________________. (fill in the blank)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity
a reply to: Dfairlite

They are very different. One is a modified virus your body fights off and the other is genetic material that alters your muscle cells for your body to fight.

It's not a just a modified virus that goes into your body......the modified virus is just the envelope (delivery method).
The viral vector shot still gets your cells to manufacture a spike protein.

First, the vector (not the virus that causes COVID-19, but a different, harmless virus) will enter a cell in our body and then use the cell’s machinery to produce a harmless piece of the virus that causes COVID-19. This piece is known as a spike protein and it is only found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19.
Next, the cell displays the spike protein on its surface, and our immune system recognizes it doesn’t belong there. This triggers our immune system to begin producing antibodies and activating other immune cells to fight off what it thinks is an infection.
Understanding Viral Vector COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
www.cdc.gov...

How do viral vector vaccines work?
Scientists began creating viral vectors more than 40 years ago. Viral vector vaccines use a modified version of a virus (a vector) to deliver genetic instructions to the body’s cells.The cells then produce harmless pieces of the virus called antigens which trigger an immune response in the body.

www.astrazeneca.com...
edit on 17-8-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That's how viruses work, they aren't alive in the traditional sense and need host cells to reproduce. The modified cell infects your cell just like a normal virus infection excepting the modified virus lacks the genetic information to do anything other than produce the proteins used for infection, which your body is able to identify and then fight off.

www.news-medical.net...

Thank you for bringing to attention though that the technology is 40 years old. I wasn't aware the technology was so old having just known about the ebola vaccine.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join