It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do when your job gives you the vaccine ultimatum?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Heads up!

Two new medical health alerts just issued for the Pfizer and moderna vaccines.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

originally posted by: St Udio
job ultimatum..... i won't let the door hit my @SS on the way out

my not taking jabs are because of medical issues (bad reaction to eggs or PEG ) severe allergic reactions

ETA;
there may be a dash of bias against jab, but hearsay or superstition is not in the decision

You have no worries, they cant force you to have it if you have a medical condition.

Got any links? to back up your claims? have already seen where in a right-to-work state this may not apply.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: AcrobaticDreams

If you don't mind answering, in which state do you live?

Either way, I feel for you if you are in this position, but I fear that I may be in it soon, too, since I'm a federal employee and they're mulling over the idea of vaccine mandates at the federal-employee level. But, as long as they offer the option to take tests instead, then I will not get the jab.

But, when it comes down to it, we are a single-income family, and so if my hand was forced, I would increase my life insurance by A LOT and then get the shot, only out of the love for my family and the willingness to do whatever it takes to provide for them.

I don't have the willingness to start my own business, especially in this economic market of uncertainty, and my A.D.D. issues make working for myself a very, very difficult proposition.

I live in NH. Which they passed a law barring the government from requiring covid vaccines for state jobs and access to public services and places. But I work for a private company.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Got any links? to back up your claims? have already seen where in a right-to-work state this may not apply.

There are stringent religious/medical exemptions even in right to work states but you will need supporting documentation. The employer also has the option of making reasonable accomodations.

edit on 11-8-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Of course...why are people so quick to believe governmet. Here is a quote from the article. I mean heart inflammation or a .01% chance of death. Ill take the .01%.

"Last month, the EMA found a possible link between very rare heart inflammation and the mRNA vaccines. However, the European regulator and the World Health Organization have stressed that benefits from these vaccines outweigh any risks."

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MPoling

And there is this...the real cause for vaccines...

"Moderna's shares, which have climbed more than 75% to Tuesday's close since mid-July when it joined the S&P 500 index"

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Its not really anti-vax many just have a reasonable expectation of understanding their risks from the virus and from the "vaccine".

The Fed under trump and biden have done a piss poor job of explaining facts to us, alot of this refusal could have been headed off if they were honest and said I believe it will do X instead of this is the fix... this is how we get back to normal, then change their minds and say NO THIS IS THE WAY... and Trust us this time its for reals.

Add in Pizer and Moderna and J&J getting that sweet legal protection deal then seeming to duck and dodge making any information public so we can make an informed decision I am actually shocked so many people just took the Govt at their word so fast.
Add in a handful of people being listed as Covid deaths after dying in a car accident, or getting gunned down in the street, and why should we accept what they say as accurate this time?

If you are wondering why I put "vaccine" in quotes... because since you can still catch it, still get sick from it and still spread it and in worst case scenarios die from it, this seems a lot more like a flu shot than a vaccine.

Just heard on the radio that a good portion of the kids that died last year and were called covid deaths actually had major health problems unrelated to covid and the virus was the tipping point in their fight.

Stop the fear mongering and give us facts and the majority of america will cheerfully get the shot without being threatened.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I wonder if you have anything like the Unruh Civil Rights Act that we have here in California, it bars discrimination across the board for both public and private entities, even including for medical reasons. Instead, they are supposed to make reasonable accommodations available.

Just something to consider, but I have read up on quite a few different state laws governing discrimination, and these types of get-it-or-you're-fired policies seem very discriminatory, especially for something that is not even approved by the FDA.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
But you talk of evidence, if that evidence is what you have read on here well I haven't seen any non fringe quack evidence yet.

Not paying attention, then, are you? There has been plenty--more than plenty--of people sharing peer-reviewed, valid white papers on the growing number of negative things that this vaccine can do to the human body. We have also shared studies--some of which are discussed and posted on the CDC's website--that shows evidence that the vaccine is not as effective as previously claimed, especially against some of the newest variants.

So are you just looking through glasses tinted with cognitive bias, not paying attention, or are you just giving the OP bad information? I mean, I'm glad that you're against mandatory vaccinations, but to claim that all evidence like I just explained is 'fringe quack evidence,' that's just silly.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

The Fed under trump and biden have done a piss poor job of explaining facts to us, alot of this refusal could have been headed off if they were honest and said I believe it will do X instead of this is the fix... this is how we get back to normal, then change their minds and say NO THIS IS THE WAY... and Trust us this time its for reals.

How can that be? I've been explained to by multiple people on ATS that this vaccine has only been sold one way and one way only, and that no one has ever been misleading in the claims surrounding it.

I mean, they must be correct, even though I shared quotes and videos of things like Biden saying that if you get the vaccine, you won't get the virus, and Fauci saying that if you get vaccinated you can resume life as normal. Hmmm...it must just be you and I who are wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
For what it is worth, there are protests in Ohio. This is due to hospitals/healthcare dropping mandatory vax orders on their workers. Firing 500 people ahead of a growing rate of cases and hospitalizations of jobs that are hard to fill anyway seems there might be some capitulation by management soon. Although it isn’t a work strike yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised ATS's base is anti vaccine

I should've came back earlier. This place has lost it's mind.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I work for myself, however the nature of my work means that various entities can exclude me from performing that work if they choose, if I or the two employees are not "vaccinated". It is happening all around this island; four of the largest employers (aside from government) are mandating vaccination of employees or lose their jobs.

I hope these #ers get what they deserve. Of course, I wish that for everyone, including myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Just against this particular one, I think most of us have no issues with ones that have a track record of success and better risk vs reward. Then again I'm a reasonably healthy guy in his 30's so I'm in the very low risk group for Covid, my dad who is in his 60's, has diabetes, has had lung cancer, and has heart issues on the other hand was vaccinated. It made sense for him to do so and I don't begrudge it. It does not make sense for most of us.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If it were me, I would consult a lawyer. I would ask him to draft an agreement where the company agrees to compensate you for any adverse effect resulting from the drugs they are requiring you to take. Make sure the agreement includes things like loss of income, cost of living increases, etc. as well as covering all of your medical bills.

Include a clause where the person signing the agreement on behalf of the company agrees to plead guilty to the appropriate murder of manslaughter charges in the event of your death due to the drugs.

If the company truly believes these drugs are safe and effective, they should have no problem signing the agreement.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I work for the UK gov and Im also in the PCS union
as soon as my work hits me with this # im going straight to my union and taking out a grievance as a violation of my human rights as discrimination and then take it to an employment tribunal.

forced medical treatments of any kind are a violation of human rights and bioethics

our collective governments are committing crimes against humanity right now

Article 3 – Human dignity and human rights 1. Human dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms are to be fully respected. 2. The interests and welfare of the individual should have priority over the sole interest of science or society.

and this one

Article 6 – Consent
1. Any preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic medical intervention is only to be carried out with the prior, free and informed consent of the person concerned, based on adequate information. The consent should, where appropriate, be express and may be withdrawn by the person concerned at any time and for any reason without disadvantage or prejudice.

2. Scientific research should only be carried out with the prior, free, express and informed consent of the person concerned. The information should be adequate, provided in a comprehensible form and should include modalities for withdrawal of consent. Consent may be withdrawn by the person concerned at any time and for any reason without any disadvantage or prejudice. Exceptions to this principle should be made only in accordance with ethical and legal standards adopted by States, consistent with the principles and provisions set out in this Declaration, in particular in Article 27, and international human rights law.

3. In appropriate cases of research carried out on a group of persons or a community, additional agreement of the legal representatives of the group or community concerned may be sought. In no case should a collective community agreement or the consent of a community leader or other authority substitute for an individual’s informed consent.

edit on 11-8-2021 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So.......why is the flu shot not mandatory?

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

If it were me, I would consult a lawyer. I would ask him to draft an agreement where the company agrees to compensate you for any adverse effect resulting from the drugs they are requiring you to take. Make sure the agreement includes things like loss of income, cost of living increases, etc. as well as covering all of your medical bills.

Include a clause where the person signing the agreement on behalf of the company agrees to plead guilty to the appropriate murder of manslaughter charges in the event of your death due to the drugs.

If the company truly believes these drugs are safe and effective, they should have no problem signing the agreement.

This. I forgot to add to my list.
Absolutely do this.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker
Why am I not surprised ATS's base is anti vaccine

I should've came back earlier. This place has lost it's mind.

Why am I surprised that pro covid vaxxers fail to realize that we are not ANTI VACCINE.
We are anti MANDATORY VACCINES that are still in experimental phase. No other vaccine or medicine is required for employment or to enter a business. You can have full blown aids or STDS or a cold or the flu and go to work or enter a business still.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Asked the Active duty guys... if you get the jab because of the mandate, the Fed already protected the big pharma does that mean the Military will be there with disability. The answer I got was rather under whelming, so I asked my bosses and got told expect the same treatment as Vietnam vets with agent orange.

Ill be moving to a pure civil service job so this shall be fairly interesting to see my options there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join