It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is the punishment we call Hell.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

I'd say, if we're talking from a Christian perspective then Earth would be Purgatory with Heaven above and Hell below.

Not that I subscribe to this.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

I don't believe in Hell in the sense Christianity does

Well then where did you even get the concept of hell? Or Earth for that matter?

IDK my point may not be relevant. But you have been given the power of choice
to believe what ever you like. Even if you choose to believe it all just worked out
that way so special for you.

Using the word Hell is used for comparison to better understand the concept. As for given the power of choice that is exactly what I been saying throughout this entire thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   

A lawsuit alleges the Riverside County Sheriff's Department misspent more than $4.6 million in federal coronavirus relief funding on flooring, office furniture, door keypads, cameras and bulletproof windows — upgrades that authorities contend were legitimate to reduce the risk of viral infection.

www.macon.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.macon.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   

You claim that no one is punished for their religious beliefs, but they are scored for the choices they make.

What's the point in scoring if there is no end game? Where and who are you getting your rules from? Who's in charge of your "Curators" and who decided to make them one in the first place?

Why even place us in a human existence if this is some eternal game played out in all realms of existence where we get to continue making poor choices?

Who do you think is doing the scoring and tracking it? Who do you believe created you? Why do you think that your Creator could not care less if you know or understand who he is?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Are you sure and who from?

Coz the fellow in the old testament sure dont resemble the one in the new testament.

Talk about chalk and cheese.

All organised religious practice is a work of Man with all his fear and fallibility at play.

Wee hint, its all rinse and repeat, a rehash of what came before, and at heart, never been about Son worship, but Sun worship.
edit on 1-8-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   

God has told us from the beginning that his thoughts and ways are higher than ours, which is why you don't understand his "logic". While anger and jealousy aren't evil, what we do with it can be. Vengeance belongs to the Lord because he's the only one who can perform it justly.

God decides the rules, we don't. What we "think and feel" doesn't mean much in the true scheme of things. The Bible even tells us that there is nothing more deceitful than our own hearts. So, I would stop counting on what you feel and think and start asking God to show you how you should feel and think. All this nonsense that revolves around your imperfect "self" and understanding, is only making you ripe for the deceivers like Satan and his angels to lead you astray. Satan's end game is to try and harvest more souls than God by confusing everyone with who God really is. It's kind of hard to follow the first and greatest commandment to love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, and mind if you can convince everyone that you'll never know who or which God he is.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Using the word Hell is used for comparison to better understand the concept. As for given the power of choice that is exactly what I been saying throughout this entire thread.

But isn't hell a word with some highly religious connotations? Further more
if you are given something there must be a giver of that something being
given correct? In this context that would be "The power of choice" I'm
not playing at words with you. Do you believe "The power of choice" you
posses is just the way this world turned out? And we all just inherited the
power to choose sensibly in a senseless world? Or are you saying it was a
power given or granted to you. If the later then who has allowed you to
have this power to choose the sensible over the non sensible?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

I would have imagined experience, perspective, and our ability to empathise allows us to determine the sensible over the non sensible.

After all most people will only touch a hot stove once.

The power of choice would seem to be all about freewill.

Thing there is the notion of freewill and predestination don't exactly go hand in hand or are synonymous with one another.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I would have imagined experience, perspective, and our ability to empathise allows us to determine the sensible over the non sensible.

No one would say you're wrong either.

After all most people will only touch a hot stove once.

The smart ones don't touch it the first time.

Thing there is the notion of freewill and predestination don't exactly go hand in hand or are synonymous with one another.

Why would they i agree, they are two separate distinctions completely.
Fore knowledge predetermines nothing.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Down to the doctrine that God has ordained all that will happen, is all knowing, all seeing, infallible, especially with regard to the salvation of some souls and not others would seem to spring to mind.

Like i suggest you cannot have a perfect plan, as soon as you introduce freewill and imperfect animals aka us.

We are the ultimate spanner in the works.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Down to the doctrine that God has ordained all that will happen, is all knowing, all seeing, infallible, especially with regard to the salvation of some souls and not others would seem to spring to mind.

Like i suggest you cannot have a perfect plan, as soon as you introduce freewill and imperfect animals aka us.

We are the ultimate spanner in the works.

We are with out the guidance that we were meant to have.
Can you imagine what we were meant to achieve with Gods guidance?
And it will still happen after we learn absolute obedience as required.
Simply trusting our Creator in all things I don't think was to much to ask.
I like to keep that clearly in mind.
edit on 5-8-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I love my life. Having a great time.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

I love my life. Having a great time.

Many love their life and are enjoying it and you should, you earned it...enjoy

top topics

<< 1  2   >>