It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is the punishment we call Hell.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
it is appointed unto man once to die, then the judgment.

Palidan, we will be judged based on how well we did based on what we know (about God).
ignorance does not mean one is doomed. this is addressed in the first chapter of Romans.

by all means let's be nice to each other.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

Where does Jesus fit into all this?

It all sounds nice but under the surface this is nothing but new age false prophecy.

"Be the best person you can be, not only to yourself but to those you share this existence with ", This has already been covered.

Christ told us the two greatest commandments, which trumps all the others are to Love God with all your heart and to love each other as he loves us.

For those who believe in Jesus there is no condemnation. He payed the price for our sins at the cross ✝️

When you meditate on his finished work and recieve grace and forgiveness, sin naturally falls away..

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

"Was a Christian, however now I realize that religions are simply just another piece of the puzzle that tends to guide use in this experience we call life."

Jesus himself was against religion and called out the religious hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

In hell there is:
No strength, that's of the Lord.
No movement, that's of the Lord.
No fellowship or communion, that's of the Lord.
No music.
No love.
No rest.
Pain.
An eternal regret that doesn't fade.
Fire and thick, impenetrable darkness.

This is not Hell, but for people with a twisted theology like yours, unless you repent, it's as close to Heaven as you'll ever get.

I`m sure your circle-jerk of a church would fawn all over you for talking like this in front of them but to the rest of the world you sound like a Jonestown cultist.

The Force is more real than your Christ. prove me wrong...

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Joneselius

So do as i say, and think as i say, and don't question.

Or your names not down and your not getting in but punished for all eternity.

Where's the unconditional love there?

The unconditional love is always there. Its on us to accept it.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Interesting read and very thought-provoking.

Have always maintained that for some earth is hell but for others it is heaven. And I definitely believe that what you do and learn now will affect what happens to you after.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I like your thread and philosophy. It almost sounds like you might have read some of Alan Watts' books.

I've read several of his books, but my favorite was The Book On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Look at the responses to me giving you the TRUTH from the Bible. Hate, mockery and anger. Yet you're all so loving and accepting, where do you get off?

This is why hypocrisy is one of the worst sins.

I have told you the TRUTH, it's not me you're angry at, but God. His commands will stand and you, if you go to judgment on your own, will be judged by the commands and found GUILTY.

This is why I'm pleading with you not to go alone, don't advocate for yourself! Ignore the mockers and scoffers! The Bible tells us "The world hated me first (Christ) find it no wonder they will hate you".
Also "the gospel is foolishness to those who are PERISHING".

Without Christ you will, indeed, see Hell and realise you're wrong, and it'll be too late!
Please accept that you're a sinner, we've broken God's perfect law and commandments and need a saviour. Christ is that saviour, being nailed to a cross he took yous sin and my sin! He took it to the pit, and rose up again, he now sits at the right hand of the father with ALL power and AUTHORITY. He will come again to rwcieve his own and judge this wicked, unjust world.

Please pray for forgiveness and give up your silly notion that you're somehow God, or will judge God as a God.

I have told you the truth in regards to Hell and it gets no likes! Wonder why that is, people hate the truth. I beg you, don't go there.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Alan Watts is a fraud who led many astray whilst living a life of debauched alcoholism.

His philosophy is one if shirking responsibility and pretend that you're God. The which than which there is no whicher as he says.

His worldview is evil. He was no more than an Eastern mystic, justifying his life from a houseboat.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

That Jonestown cult is the Bible.

The world itself proves the force false, there is no correction of evil, as the world itself is being manipulated by the evil one and the children of disobedience, like you.

You probably think you're a good person, you're wrong. And on judgement it will be proved.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Ah, you sound like a creature of Wikipedia, the Ministry of Truth?

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I understand where you are coming from Joneselius, you take great pride in Christianity and there is nothing wrong with that. Just like there is nothing wrong with being any other mainstream religion, its simply an opportunity to help guide your soul as you develop. Young souls tend to need the extra support to help them on their path as they work to achieve a higher level of conscience. Those who are considered older souls and have had more time to develop tend to move away from religion and simply let their own compass guide them as they seek truth beyond an institution that gives them rules and guidelines on how to live and think. No one is punished for their religious beliefs, they are simple scored on the choices they make. Daring to think independently and exploring the possibilities as you work your way through life is encouraged and is a good step to moving forward into the next challenge that awaits after this life. Heaven is just another name for progress while hell is just another name for regression, but the opportunity to move forward is always there and the possibility to move backwards is just as real.

Having said that I just have one question. Have you noticed how much darkness the Bible and Christianity uses to encourage its followers into the light? If you don't notice the balance being applied you might miss the lesson.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Christ IS the light and there is absolutely no darkness in him, why do you think the Bible states that the light shineth in the darkness and the darkness comprehended it NOT!?

Darkness has no affiliation with the light, it's not some mystical duality! There is a right and a wrong, a truth and a lie. Darkness is not lights opposite, its the absence of light! You have to take away from light to become dark!

The outer darkness the Bible speaks of is literal and the list I gave you is true. I'll prove it with the word.

Christ is light. John 8:12 I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. ... When I am in the world, I am the Light of the World. Notice: Christ says when I am IN the world. He's not in the world at the moment, so the darkness we see is the result of that.

Christ is responsible for all that you can do.
1 Corinthians 1:30:
But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption.

Psalm 68:35
O God, you are terrible out of your holy places: the God of Israel is he that gives strength and power to his people. Blessed be God..

I could go on and on and on. Hell is the absolute lack of the gifts of God.
No strength, no fellowship, no joy, peace, forgiveness, family, love, music, water, rest, giving of thanks or right speech.

You get the point.

Bottom line, don't go there! Thw great news, you don't have to! Repent and accept Christ, learn his commands and keep them in love and reverence knowing that they free you and set your spirit soaring.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I don't know if I could ever have the faith that you consistantly hold.

But I sure as sh#t admire it.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think consciousness as most people know it is actually just a defense mechanism developed overtime by the real deed holder to our souls which I will just call our DNA. It develops in relation to the cells around it. We evolved in conditions, not the other way around, what we see is just light that our eyes bend and reflect and such for our brain chemistry for our DNA to interpret, it is all that came after the chicken and egg. Our thoughts and prayers were never in the heart and mind, just our primary energy-consuming core with all its fancy-ass lights and chemistry going on like it was a 60's nightclub.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Yes, it's a crying shame that Satan's minions have convinced so many people that darkness and evil are a part of God's permanent plan that we need to live with forever, which we know is not so. The two are not capable of co-existing together forever, which is why this world keeps getting worse before God decides to step in and end it. Evil spreads like cancer and only the second death can kill it for good.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Are you saying Satan existed before God? We all agree in what we consider "dark" is sin and what we consider "light" is virtuous. Are you saying God never showed anger? God has never been jealous? God has never practiced vengeance? God has never punished the innocent? God has never shown envy?

Nahum 1:2 The Lord is a jealous and avenging God; the Lord is avenging and wrathful; the Lord takes vengeance on his adversaries and keeps wrath for his enemies.

Exodus 21:24-25
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Throughout the Old Testament God punished those on Earth for a number of things including the innocent children, infants and the unborn through Great Floods, Plagues...etc. There is a lot of darkness that God commits in order to instill fear among the people to push them into the light. After thousands of years of floods, plagues and animal sacrifices he puts himself into a Human body to balance the darkness and bring more light and to try replace the abundance of fear with an equal abundance of love. Christianity is another way to bring balance of dark and light, many hold the real fear of Hell and many Christians simply obey because they fear Hell and God more then they feel love.

Its like a child, they can't think abstractly so the only way to teach a child between right and wrong is through fear of the rod, when they grow older they then develope a deeper understanding of why something is wrong and why something is right. Think of religion as a belt for the young souls to help develop and train them as they develop their moral compass. An older soul sees beyond religion and has an even great understanding of right and wrong and can easily see the hypocrisy and the double speak "Do as I say and not as I do". Just because a person doesn't take the Bible literal doesn't mean they don't appreciate the message and the lesson and the balance that is necessary to keep moving forward. God isn't afraid to use fear to push a soul into the light. If everyone was easily capable of humility, love, kindness, temperance and anything else we see as positive (light) then would Hell ever be necessary? God created the Heavens and the Earth and what is above and below, God casted Satan down and allows him to tempt others into sin (darkness) just as God is tempting others into the light. Satan doesn't decide who goes to Hell, God does, Satan doesn't decide who goes to Heaven, God does.

Those who go to Hell displeased God in some way, why is Satan agreeing to perform the service of torturing those who displeases God? You would think God would find another place to send those who didn't meet his requirements to enter heaven. And you would also think Satan a person who rejects God wouldn't subject himself into doing God's bidding of punishing those who didn't meet his requirements into entering Heaven. As children it was sometimes difficult to figure out what threats where real and what were a fear tactic to get us to do right without having to get up and force us into submission. Religion has its purpose and for many it serves that purpose well. Sending a person who lives a good virtuous life such as a devote Buddist Monk to hell while a guy a in the suburbs who goes to Church once a week and commits nearly ever sin can easily get accepted into Heaven simply because he had the luck of having Christian parents and accepts Jesus as his Lord and Savior, lacks logic.

For those who can see it and feel it, know there is a deeper and greater meaning to this existence then what any Mainstream religion can provide.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

So even from hell I have faith in Jesus Christ.

That's so cool.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

I don't believe in Hell in the sense Christianity does and believing in Jesus Christ is neither here or there for me. Maybe you missed the context I was using to make my point or maybe I'm missing your context as you mention Hell and faith and Jesus.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I don't believe in Hell in the sense Christianity does

Well then where did you even get the concept of hell? Or Earth for that matter?

IDK my point may not be relevant. But you have been given the power of choice
to believe what ever you like. Even if you choose to believe it all just worked out
that way so special for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join