It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Time to Start Boycotting Businesses that Hire Illegals?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Yeah but employers are abusing/taking advantage of illegals for so many years with that excuse.

Because the population wants cheaper goods and services. Eventually though they'll be displaced by automation because it doesn't require piss breaks.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
We need to crack down on companies that hire them and get rid of the illegals that are here.

You can start doing that when you're prepared to pay more for goods and services which will probably be right around the same time all of you stop shopping at Walmart so we can get off of China's tit.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Whose gonna pick my strawberries FFS.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Easier said then done. I think you'll find the employment of illegals in menial roles is pervasive in numerous industries and verticals along with the fact that the wages they receive are not at all appealing to someone who is not illegal.

That would be my question... How do you boycott vegetables and fruits, or the meat industry, or the person building your house, or a good number of other things...lol

edit on 31-7-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here in Texas, the ones hiring illegals are the Trump supporters.

Irony

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The really is we need about 2 million migrant workers, but the government doesn't want to fix it, so here we are.

1. Start a robust work visa program, get these 2 million legal.
2. Actually enforce heavy fines for any company not using work visa people.
3. Secure our borders while pushing out the message that unless you have a work visa there is NO work for you.
4. Allow companies to sponsor the workers they want.
5. Charge 100 bucks for a 6 month visa, and you need to go home at the end, and if you break the rules of the visa, or get caught trying to come in illegally you can not get a visa for x years.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Here in Texas, the ones hiring illegals are the Trump supporters.

Irony

Wide brush anyone?

Are you saying that because the liberals there don't have employees, People on subsistence living don't really need employees...lol

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You can start doing that when you're prepared to pay more for goods and services which will probably be right around the same time all of you stop shopping at Walmart so we can get off of China's tit.

Work visa...done deal... BTW I truly feel that the demographics of people who use Walmart are pretty much low life...

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Because the population wants cheaper goods and services. Eventually though they'll be displaced by automation because it doesn't require piss breaks.

The question I have is there really savings at the consumer level for industries who use illegals? Also what would be the increase 10% 50%?

We know we need migrant workers, so why not fix that? Why do we need human trafficking as the answer. 100 buck 6 month work visa program would generate 200 to 300 million dollars a year for the border. People would be above the line, they would work and go home not bring their entire family to suck at our social services and fill up or ERs. They would also get a bump in pay as it would be all legal, and not pay some coyote 1000s. Sex trafficking and drug trafficking would drop too as they would not be able to hide that as easily in the masses that come.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tim86

You know, they should get a system where every place of work has this entry policy which you would have to proof that you are allowed in.

Maybe get some virus scare going and make everybody get a government sanctioned vaccine shot so you can get your certificate of movement.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
That would be my question... How do you boycott vegetables and fruits, or the meat industry, or the person building your house, or a good number of other things...lol

You'd have to ask the Original Poster, I really don't understand how they would accomplish this.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Easier said then done. I think you'll find the employment of illegals in menial roles is pervasive in numerous industries and verticals along with the fact that the wages they receive are not at all appealing to someone who is not illegal.

You don't boycott them. You fine the piss out of the companies hiring illegals, then they will either go out of business or hire legal Americans. Pretty simple.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Tim86
As everyone on ATS knows, the Biden administration has absolutely opened the floodgates of illegal immigration. Around one million illegals have crossed in 6 months. No change is taking place. I see Republicans who say they’re concerned, but then nothing happens.
Average citizens have to get active. Tell any business in your area and nationally that you won’t use their services if they hire illegals. Let them know why they’re experiencing a drop in revenue. I’ll leave it up to you to determine whether or not the employees are illegals.
I realize that many people are reluctant to make a public stand, they feel embarrassed, yada yada, but something has to be done. There has to be a grassroots campaign or nothing will change. I’m tired of this crap. I know you are too. It just requires a little initiative on your part to make change.

In terms of fish that need frying on a local or federal scale, not even in my top 10. I need more incentive than what you briefly outlined here.

I bet it would be in your top 1 if your job was being taken by illegals and your wage was stagnated as mine was. Would that be enough incentive for you?

I had to close up my construction business due to not being able to run a legal business as required by law and still being able to compete and make a small profit. You're obviously disingenuous and ignorant on the subject and don't care about people like me and millions of others that are having their lively hood greatly affected by illegals.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Pies too. Oh, and houses. Cars. Anything to do with the trades like leather crafted, woodcraft, welding, plumbing, sewing...I’m honestly surprised someone hasn’t gone into the malls and taken like all the JC Penny’s and Sears and other abandoned anchor stores and made them into tailored clothing and furniture made on premises stores.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You don't boycott them. You fine the piss out of the companies hiring illegals, then they will either go out of business or hire legal Americans. Pretty simple.

Well first, many of these jobs Americans will not do. I live in Washington and in my area we have pears and cherries that are picked by illegals mainly. During the season of picking they work like 16 hours per day and their wives etc work in the packing side. They get paid by how much they pick and in a few months can earn a years wage.

People I know that grew up here have told me they tried picking in high school and it SUCKED big time, they tried it never to go back... Illegals can pick per hour what they might do in 3 as example. They are like machines at it in any line of picking.

Looking at cherries I have some friends in that line of growing and the profit margins are so tight that even with illegals they still have years where they let the cherries rot on the trees since they can not pay picking and processing and still make profit.

So how do you fix that, how do you so call "out" a company and not just kill the industry without other directions they can go. I have said we need a robust work visa program first to kill the need to use illegals and to fill those 2 million jobs that Americans just will not do.

edit on 1-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well first, many of these jobs Americans will not do. I live in Washington and in my area we have pears and cherries that are picked by illegals mainly. During the season of picking they work like 16 hours per day and their wives etc work in the packing side. They get paid by how much they pick and in a few months can earn a years wage.

People I know that grew up here have told me they tried picking in high school and it SUCKED big time, they tried it never to go back... Illegals can pick per hour what they might do in 3 as example. They are like machines at it in any line of picking.

Looking at cherries I have some friends in that line of growing and the profit margins are so tight that even with illegals they still have years where they let the cherries rot on the trees since they can not pay picking and processing and still make profit.

So how do you fix that, how do you so call "out" a company and not just kill the industry without other directions they can go. I have said we need a robust work visa program first to kill the need to use illegals and to fill those 2 million jobs that Americans just will not do.

That's what seasonal farm workers are for. There's plenty of legal seasonal farm workers. That's not a problem.

The problem is what I explained in my first post. Those farm workers will overstay their visa and move over to better paying jobs, mainly the construction industry. Core jobs that use to pay very good money have been ruined by the illegals cut-throating the American citizens and effectively destroying the pay scales.

If we could focus our efforts there and not so much in the farms then we could win back millions of jobs and also raise the pay rates back up to a decent wage. The best way to do this would be to go after companies hiring the illegals.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

If we could focus our efforts there and not so much in the farms then we could win back millions of jobs and also raise the pay rates back up to a decent wage. The best way to do this would be to go after companies hiring the illegals.

I don't disagree... Overstay is the big issue. Big fines that are actually enforced would help start it all, but who do you go after and who do you leave alone? I think it needs to start with the robust seasonal working visa program. I can understand construction, but what about something like slaughter houses? Who is going to replace them?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I don't disagree... Overstay is the big issue. Big fines that are actually enforced would help start it all, but who do you go after and who do you leave alone? I think it needs to start with the robust seasonal working visa program. I can understand construction, but what about something like slaughter houses? Who is going to replace them?

Slaughter houses already pay a decent wage however admittedly they could pay more but those big companies are for the most part adhering to the laws. The thing about this situation is that these large companies take huge advantage of this situation by flying, bussing and by whatever means getting all they can of these workers in order to take advantage of all the incentives and tax breaks that is offered to them by way of their lobbying efforts to pass laws in their favor.

This should be mitigated.

The flow of legal immigration should be strictly controlled to allow a certain flow of NEEDED workers that the U.S. workforce cannot naturally handle without letting the pay rates get so high as to be unaffordable or unfeasible by our employers OR to get so low that our workers are living in poverty because of over saturation of cheap labor being imported from across our borders.

I'll respond more tomorrow

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The thing about this situation is that these large companies take huge advantage of this situation by flying, bussing and by whatever means getting all they can of these workers in order to take advantage of all the incentives and tax breaks that is offered to them by way of their lobbying efforts to pass laws in their favor.

So by name what are we talking about here as the big companies doing this. The Goverment can also go to them and say this stops now...Fix it or we will get involved.

The flow of legal immigration should be strictly controlled to allow a certain flow of NEEDED workers that the U.S. workforce cannot naturally handle without letting the pay rates get so high as to be unaffordable or unfeasible by our employers OR to get so low that our workers are living in poverty because of over saturation of cheap labor being imported from across our borders.

I agree, give companies the workers they need and the illegals will dry up. Its something we should had started under Reagan, but every president until Trump pushed it under the stable.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

...but those big companies are for the most part adhering to the laws.

No, they aren't. Agro is the largest single industry user of illegal immigrant labor and this includes meat packers. The majority of meat packing in the United States is done by four producers and they are notorious for using illegals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join