It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Health My Arse....Mental Weakness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That was such an eloquent and heartfelt way of saying it.

They are completely and utterly spent. Really, they have compressed an entire lifetime of physical activity into just 10-12 short years.

This part is so true. I wonder how many of them regret it. It makes me think of football players too. Was it worth it?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

She just quietly bowed out and said she was done. She didn't blame anyone, her heart was just no longer in it.

I don't know anything about her, but I'm sure that wasn't an easy thing to do. That couldn't have been a decision she made lightly. Contrary to what the OP of this thread claims, it took strength for her to walk away.

Apparently she has won a total of 30 Olympic and World Championship medals.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

ETA: Thanks for giving my wife and I a chuckle. (Not an insult, referring to the urban dictionary thing)

lol. I knew what you meant.

I was looking around that website, and noticed they are proposing the name 'Coronials' for kids born in 2020. It then mentions that in 2033/2034, they will become 'Quaranteens'.....

millennialsagerange.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Osaka is Japanese name, she really can't understand Japanese either. But she knocked out the Japanese lady to be in the tennis Olympics. Once I found out she is the Japanese representative for the tennis Olympics and the media has blacked out all info on her family background like who her father was/is or whatever and no pictures of her and her mother together in Japan at a sushi enjoying her fame, I said screw it. Its no longer the Olympics for the athletes, its an Olympic for the politicians that control the Olympics.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Osaka is Japanese name, she really can't understand Japanese either. But she knocked out the Japanese lady to be in the tennis Olympics. Once I found out she is the Japanese representative for the tennis Olympics and the media has blacked out all info on her family background like who her father was/is or whatever and no pictures of her and her mother together in Japan at a sushi enjoying her fame, I said screw it. Its no longer the Olympics for the athletes, its an Olympic for the politicians that control the Olympics.

Also we need to check the family register here in Japan to see what her "real" last name is. It should been have registered in her fathers last name. Maybe she was born in America by a military enlisted man with a Japanese wife that went to America with him. No matter what, she should have never been in the Olympics representing Japan, the Japanese lady should have been. I'm piss to see all the secrecy surrounding her legal status here and abroad.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Assassin82

Right, its a misogynists' thing. Jesus.

That's akin to Patrick Mahomes walking off the field in the 4th quarter of the super bowl cuz of the pressure.

Never mind the team, its about MEEEEEEEEE.

Guess you are too shallow to see that part of the picture.

So all you peeps on here are probably taking a knee and singing the alternate national anthem as well.

Who said anything about misogyny? But I guess if the shoe fits then wear it.

Your little “hot take” is dense and derived from a lack of empathy and understanding. I’d be pretty embarrassed if I were you. Thankfully, I didn’t say it.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Is weak admitting you are not ok?

Or is weak not being OK and keeping on like you are?

Personally, I think that it takes a heck of a lot more strength of character to admit when something is off and you aren't up to the task. Especially when the entire worlds eyes are going to be on you. More so when there are countless backseat drivers and monday morning quarterbacks like the OP passing judgement, a particularly harsh on in the case of this thread. It's really easy to pass judgement on someone when you don't actually have alll the particulars of what has been going on behind the scenes.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: JAGStorm

Funny you mention weak.

Strong is admitting things BEFORE you commit to your teammates. Not after you had a bad round.

Her teammates support her 100%

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

i havnt got a clue what your on about but that was epic
lol

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

In fifteen years hanging around ATS I don't think think I've ever seen a more insensitive post.

She was assaulted at a young age and the people around her that were supposed to help her did nothing. She only goes on to be the best gymnast the world has ever seen.

No, she's not tough and if you knew anything about mental illness you would NOT be saying the things you are saying. I know what it's like to freak out and not be in control and I don't have a whole damned country rooting for me and almost demanding my excellence, or else.

Sad, man, just sad.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You would be surprised. Most, and I do mean almost every single one of the ex-NFL players I've heard answer that question, say they wouldn't give it up for anything. It's that warrior mentality which unfortunately, results in guys who made millions of dollars then are broke when they retire.

They think they are invincible, immortal almost when playing and then BOOM, it's over and life hits them straight between the eyes - shout out to Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow. LOL Death Alley Driver is kind of a fitting song but I won't link it. They do say that playing a football game is like getting into a car wreck every week.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   
my tamagochi has 6 children,one of them drives a honda nsx.

i will assume you are racist.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

You must not have read many ATS posts then.

You don't quit on your team. And like I said...lets she if she carries on with the individual stuff. And then there is Osaka, all the other tennis peeps talk to the media, win or lose. Looks like poor sportsmanship disguised as mental health.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

"So brave of you to put these young women in their place". Sounds like misogamy to me.

And quit the opposite, no embarrassment at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Her dad is Thai and mom Japanese. She moved to the US when she was 3(according to Wiki). So I guess you can pick n chose what you wanna be.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This message -- and all its retweets -- was pretty awesome to see:

It makes me so frustrated to see comments about Simone not being mentally tough enough or quitting in her team.

We are talking about the same girl who was molested by her team doctor throughout her entire childhood and teen years. Won the World All-Around Championship title while passing a kidney stone. Put her body through an extra year of training through the pandemic. Added so much difficult to her routines that the judges literally do not know how to properly rate her skills bc they are so head of her time. All of this while maintaining her responsibilities to her endorsement deals, the media, personal relationships, etc. And some people can still honestly say, "Simone Biles is soft. She is a quitter." That girl has endured more trauma by the age of 24 than most people will ever go through in a lifetime.

For non-gymnasts, the fact that she balked mid-air and accidentally did a 1.5 on her first vault instead of a 2.5 is a big deal. It's terrifying. She could have been severely injured getting lost in the air like that. The fact she somehow landed on her feet shows her experience and is incredible. The margin for error on a skill like that is insanely low. A very small wrong move, and career-ending or even worse. Life-threatening injuries can occur.

After her track record of all she's pushed through -- the fact that she took herself out of the competition on her own merit means that whatever she is dealing with internally has to be insurmountable and should be taken seriously. Despite what she's able/choosing to articulate to the public in interviews, we will never know or fully understand her personal choices and struggles. She does not deserve to have any judgment passed -- Number 1. Because she's a human. And number 2. After all she's done for the sport. Plus all that she's had to endure because of this sport. And the joke of an organization who protected her predator instead of her and her teammates for years.

Regardless if she comes back for AA and EF or not. SHE IS THE GOAT!!!

Source

We've been damn lucky to have her on our team, and we didn't deserve her. She didn't deserve what OUR nation and Olympic Committee and FBI forced her to suffer and endure.

I wish Simone the brightest blessings.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Don't know whether you should kiss my arse or get a kick or kick your arse.

It's clear the only sport you know nothing about sports, unless you consider using a remote and social media as a sport.

I could've played for Australia in softball and rugby league, and it hurt bad mentally and physically. And until U get off the couch, I'd advise U zip it

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

And you my friend....seem to know little about grammar.

I blew out my ACL playing basketball just so ya know. It stopped me playing rugby cuz it was so unstable.

Please don't purport to know my bizness.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Tom Brady played the season on a bad knee that required fairly major surgery this offseason.

Kirk Gibson world series vs the Red Sox is all I'm gonna say about this situation......

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It's probably all scripted in favor of the biggest markets anyway (so that those with the most viewers and fans win the most, to maximize viewer ratings, the biggest revenue stream, not for gambling purposes, although betting houses also make more money when the markets/athletes that attract the most bets go far).

Much like WWE wrestling. Seeing that the USA is such a big market, I can't be bothered with a few drop-outs. They'll just be replaced with athletes from another big market (preferrably in the right timezone for maximizing viewer ratings; see medal table where that preference is already visible), like Japan, China, Russia, Australia, South Korea (all in the right timezone, leading the medal table), GB, Germany and France (maybe not ideal timezones, but they are huge wealthy markets, where high viewer ratings provide more revenue for ads than less prosperous markets in Africa or Asia for example, even if they may have a higher population). These markets always show up high in the medal table. How convenient for those making money with the Olympics (both those selling and buying broadcasting rights, and those working for the broadcasters, although they get a smaller piece of the pie).

Money rules the world.

As it does sports.
edit on 28-7-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join