It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Health My Arse....Mental Weakness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Jordan had pressure.

Brady...pressure.

Mahomes....pressure.

Djokovich? Pressure.

And guessed you missed the part about Osaka.

Glad they aint SEALS.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My feelings aint hurt. Just making an observation.

You aint got feelings, then how can you comment on someone's feelings????????

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: coamanach

Lets she if she is "hurt" when it comes to individual rounds. That will say a lot.

She just dumped her TEAM at the last hurdle.

I aint saying I dont have empathy, I am saying the optics are #e.

Why even go to Ztokyo? Why continue? Why join a team only to quit?

She isnt blaming abuse, but stress from people's expectations of her. Which sounds insane...train to be the best. Be the best. Then moan about people expecting you to be the best.

Glad Peyton Manning never felt that way.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
An interesting article I found today, somewhat related to this thread. Well, not really, but it does have a woman in it.

www.sciencedaily.com...

So are we sending the wrong type of woman to run for Congress?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
My feelings aint hurt.

Uh, huh...

I quit watching any more olympics cux of this.

You aint got feelings, then how can you comment on someone's feelings????????

It's easier to see them when you don't have them, kinda like being poor and watching someone grouse about being uncertain as to what bottle of whiskey to purchase next.

(I'm thinking Elijah Craig just as an FYI)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

That is a brilliant idea of what I am talking about. Hummingbirds are high achievers who sometimes are pushed to the brink of death as their food requirements are gigantic just in order to survive. So they work their tails off every day....NO QUITTING!

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Funny you mention weak.

Strong is admitting things BEFORE you commit to your teammates. Not after you had a bad round.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How can one see something they purport not to have in the first place?

Is that not like a blind person professing to tell me what an Azure crayola looks like?

Asking for Elijah.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

How can one see something they purport not to have in the first place?

I just told you how.

And it's obvious your fee-fees about this person impacted your decision to no longer watch the Olympics. You rage quit.

edit on 27-7-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: I will cook the # out of your spirit

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I don’t have an emotional investment in the Olympics this year (only watching some archery for 10 minutes while getting a haircut the other day). I vaguely remember this athlete from the last Olympics and have no ill will towards her. I can’t say for sure what was going on in her heard although I have to admit, I’m only human and my initial snap judgement was that no matter what, you don’t quit on your team. (Again, I don’t know what her mental state was so my thoughts mean exactly nothing).

The question I have, and I hope the answer is “never,” ... is.... When is this going to turn into a victim of racism thing?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So brave of you to put these young women in their place. I’m sure that from your vast expanse of life experiences in similar situations with similar levels of stress, years of training, and all the eyes of the sporting world upon you…you can absolutely relate to their mental well being. Especially when combined with your advanced knowledge in mental health.

We need more warriors like yourself.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Haha
That’s funny, you are disgusted because other people
I bet other people are disgusted at you

So, someone pulls out of a sport, doesn’t live up to your expectations and you respond like you matter, your opinion is more valued over them
You should really reflect on who you are and what you actually represent, your value

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Who are you talking to? Mr Thought Police.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
First of all, millenials are like in their 30s and 40s. Secondly, just don't watch tennis. Seems like a dumb thing to be upset about. Gives you a good neck workout, I guess.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

First of all, millenials are like in their 30s and 40s.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: sine.nomine

First of all, millenials are like in their 30s and 40s.

As per Wikipedia, 1981 to 1996 birthdates.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Weird how time keeps going, huh?
edit on 27-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Right, its a misogynists' thing. Jesus.

That's akin to Patrick Mahomes walking off the field in the 4th quarter of the super bowl cuz of the pressure.

Never mind the team, its about MEEEEEEEEE.

Guess you are too shallow to see that part of the picture.

So all you peeps on here are probably taking a knee and singing the alternate national anthem as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

As per Wikipedia, 1981 to 1996 birthdates.

I looked it up here: millennialsagerange.com...

They show a few different perspectives, different timelines.
It's actually pretty interesting really. (not too long of a read)

The first few definitions are logical, but I did also like the one they tossed in at the very end.

But let us finish this with a smile, the most popular definition in the cooperative website Urban Dictionary quotes millennial as “Name an old person gives a young person they don’t like.”

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Lol, pretty true. I know it's not well defined. I was just saying millennials are more advanced in age than what people say nowadays.

ETA: Thanks for giving my wife and I a chuckle. (Not an insult, referring to the urban dictionary thing)
edit on 27-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You know, I've tried to be mad about this since I first heard about it (well, not hard really), and I just really can't find any anger which is not misplaced. No, what I see is a fantastic athlete who likely woke up one day and said she wasn't winning medals for herself anymore, but rather for others. And, it was no longer worth the pain, and all the injuries, and in the end the hardest part was likely the fact she just couldn't go out there and pretend to smile and be happy anymore. I totally get where she's coming from.

Look at it through this lens; at least she didn't turn her back on America and her flag to make some woke political social justice statement about why she was finished. ​She just quietly bowed out and said she was done. She didn't blame anyone, her heart was just no longer in it.

To win even a single medal, let alone a gold medal, in the International Olympic Games is a staggering accomplishment. You are the best of the absolute best...in the World. Let that sink in for a moment. Simone Biles did it not once, but repeatedly.

Of all of the Olympic sports, women's gymnastics is probably the single most brutal sport to be competitive in, let alone stay in the top 10 of. They give the notion of "playing hurt" a whole other dimension. Repeated injuries and endless pain, and yet they go out there and do it meet after meet, for years. Most of their bodies are completely used up even by their early twenties. The pressure put on these young ladies to win is enormous beyond description. Of all the sports in the Olympics, women's gymnastics is creme de' la creme. Win there, and you truly have taken home a national treasure.

Did you ever notice that you never hear about most of these athletes after they leave the sport. They don't show up in TV shows or become stars. Well, the reason is because most of them spend decades afterwards getting endless knee, hip and back surgeries as a result of their efforts. They are completely and utterly spent. Really, they have compressed an entire lifetime of physical activity into just 10-12 short years.

I'll speak for myself when I say, I harbor no ill will towards Simone Biles. Instead, I salute her for what she has done.

She truly did give it...everything.

Something to think about.

edit on 7/27/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join