It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Health My Arse....Mental Weakness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
First it was the tennis chick Osaka...who is American really, pulling out of a major cuz muh feelings. Now its Simone Biles cuz...muh feelings. Jesus H Christ...these are world class athletes who all of a sudden got a case of the mental herpes???

What is the name of Jesus is going on wit millenials?? I blame Harry and Meghan. They have made it OK to quit. Just blame mumsy and dad wads. No, it was in the 2nd grade when billy called me a name.
No, it was Aunty Jill making me eat peas when I was 4.

I dont see other countries acting like little pretentious turds. I quit watching any more olympics cux of this. Screw you US team. I hope nobody medals for the rest of the games you spineless, weak minded little turds. What would your great grandparents think...the ones who went through 2 world wars, a depression, getting whuppped, and being so poor they didnt have an inside toilet.

Signed,
Disgusted

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Now its Simone Biles cuz...muh feelings.

Just because that's what she claimed after a poor performance, doesn't necessarily mean it's the truth.

If she's worried about it and doesn't think she can perform her best, and/or is afraid that she's gonna screw up and hurt herself (or maybe she already did), then isn't it better that she doesn't continue?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

She's still the top performing American gymnast of all time by a wide margin.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Simone Biles suffered horrific sexual abuse for years by the team doctor, which was prolonged and enabled by the absolute piss poor performance of the FBI in investigating the criminal abuse.

And she's still been a rock for the Olympic team for years. Until now. Until this injury. She's still a rock star in the gymnastics world and always will be.

If this is her breaking point, then this is her breaking point. Brightest blessings to her now and in the future.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just caz this is a conspiracy site

Other countries could be useing the same thing used on us diplomats in Cuba on us athletes for a edge in the competition

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I dont see other countries acting like little pretentious turds.

This isn't her first time at the rodeo. She has 5 Gold Medals and 1 Bronze Medal from the 2016 Olympics. I think the real question is, what are they doing to the athletes, there in Tokyo!

Simone Biles withdrew from the women’s gymnastics team final Tuesday, with USA Gymnastics citing “a medical issue.”

www.rollingstone.com...

Pretentious turd? I think not. The nature of this "medical condition" that is NOT an injury, certainly is suspect!

Speaking with NBC broadcasters on Tuesday, per UPI’s Alex Butler, a TEAM USA coach said that the decision to withdraw was not due to an injury but was instead spurred by a “mental issue [Biles] is having.”

www.complex.com...
edit on 27-7-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

My sources deep inside the IOC tell me that they have been using Dominion voting machines to score the athletes. So maybe that's why she's upset.

So far, Joe Biden has won all the gold medals.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

NIce....embolden the weaklings. Fail attitude.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And?

She quit on her team....and still got a medal. Cowardice. Not cuz she gut hurt mind you. Cuz her wittle feelings was hurt.

BOOO HOOO.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Werent no injury. Just an excuse.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Weak mindedness as my OP states. Shouldn't have gone in the first place. The others didnt fold.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Political trolling? Sure is.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You blame British pseudo-royalty? No one in America cares except maybe bored retirees

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wow... All that feelz from our OP over a few athletes who they claim have feelz
And now, not gonna watch cux of this. Hopes nobody on the US team medals. What a crybaby thing to do.
Can't have my US team members the way I want em to be so, wha wha wha

I know, I know this is a rant. But are there rules that a rant cannot be ranted back at?

Myself, I cannot even imagine the pressure these young people are under to perform. Biles for instance. Touted by just about everyone to be the best in the world. EVER. Pushed since childhood to train train train. Excel excel excel. Be the best. Be better than the best. Break every record even if they are yours.

The whole world is watching including all the little whiny babies back in the US who want you to win, to be the best so that they can cheer USA USA USA and believe that the example of superiority that they present is akin to the all Americans being so superior to the rest of the world.
Biles fell apart. SO? Sad for her but not for me. I'M NOT ON THE TEAM OR IN HER FAMILY
Osaka or what ever that tennis star fell apart? Sad for her but not for me. I'M NOT ON THE TEAM OR IN HER FAMILY

Rantback, over and done.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Cuz her wittle feelings was hurt.

According to an unnamed source.

I get that your feelings are hurt over this but mine aren't for two reasons. One, other people's personal decisions are none of my business and two, I don't have feelings.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
When I was doing theater and it was time to go on stage, depsite my love of the art, I would feel anxious, like every one of my organs became independant and all wanting something different. I would have died indifferent to my situation; sweat and heartbeats at unimaginable levels. Even unable to say my lines.
Until I went on stage where all the negatives left and feeling tired and relieved once all was said and done.

I don't know Simone Biles as I haven't followed the olympics in a looooong while, and, I admit my first thought was that she seemed weak of character, that we all felt nervous when doing something either in a new environnment or in public and quiting was too easy.

But after 15 minutes of reading on this story and her, I see she has been abused for years by a "trusted" team member? And she was still able to succeed? With no one to support her???

She is NOT weak of character, after all. She is deeply hurt, feeling ashamed and guilt and lots of other negative feelings, so seeing she still made it this far, I can only bow in respect for her.

Now, I pray she gets all the help she should receive to recover and have a more joyous, self-assured life. And that she be shielded from all the #posting on her on the net right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: coamanach

A am familiar with those pressures one faces when they are on stage.
With one like me a small error in performance simply meant a squeak or a missed note. Maybe failure on stage.

But with people like Biles, in a routine that needs total concentration, total and complete control over every split second of physical prowess it's a whole other level. One, just one, small lack of concentration can mean a broken neck, a broken back or any other kind of life threatening injury.

Finding fault with anyone who realizes they need to sit this one or that one out is ludicrous.

Last night I watched a doc on Garret McNamara, a big wave surfer who surfs the 50 and 60 and 70 foot waves off the coast of Portugal. If he didn't know completely that he had what it takes for that day and for that moment, he would not go out. Simple. He is alive to surf another day.

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 27 Jul 2021 14:46:59 -0500Tue, 27 Jul 2021 14:46:59 -050021072021-07-27T14:46:59-05:00200000046 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Never mind.
Here's a picture of hummingbirds.

I stole this picture from the American Bird Conservancy.

edit on 27-7-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Is weak admitting you are not ok?

Or is weak not being OK and keeping on like you are?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Oof.

Do you understand the pressures of being a top performing athlete? Add to this a history of being abused....

But you could cope with all of that right? Whilst the spotlight is on you and you are being judged by a nation?

Let me guess... You're running 20km everyday, being a role model to kids, eating strictly, 7bdays a week commitment. Oh wait, you're not are you? You're judging others whilst hardly living your life.

K. U. D. O. S.
edit on 27-7-2021 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join