It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MN CD2021 The Main. --non.writer--

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is my first attempt.

Please be gentle.

----------------------------------

The Main - Cafe Delireum

The pain in her head was unbearable, she hadn't woken up with a headache in ages, but this was different, like a full body 'headache'. The light was hurting her eyes, but they were closed still.

She opened them.

“Welcome...will you learn to comply?” The waitress asked as she trickled coffee into the plain white cup.

“What...where....how did I...what is this place?” Maya stuttered.

----------------------------------

Maya grabbed the cigarette from his mouth as he concentrated on the lock. They had been using this place for over a month now. “Over a month...wow” Maya thought to herself, since this was a record.
Usually they only lasted a week or less before they had to run again. This time was different. This time they were going to be done running for good. Just one more day. 'Click', “Got it” Bear said as he nudged the door open.

The light inside the room was dim with the open door being it's only source. Maya closed the door and the room was black. They couldn't use the light, as that would tip off others. So, with the clang of the door still echoing, they lay down for the night.

Maya dreamt-

Her father peered out of the tiny opening he had made in the garbage bags covering the windows.

“We have to go now!!!” Her father reiterated to his daughter. She was crying and felt like a little girl inside. She always felt like a little girl in her dreams. “Why didn't we just take the Alpha?” Maya screeched. “Not now, dammit” Her father said, as the door came off it's hinges.

“On the floor, down on the floor, now!!!”

“This area was cleared over a month ago, you are in violation of the quarantine, where is your Alpha?” The team leader spit out in a monotonic growl. They were already dragging Maya's father out of the house and into a black Humvee.
One of the team members grabbed her arm and scanned it.

'Bleep', green light.

“This area has been quarantined, you have 24 hours to report to the Main, on your foot”

They cleared out, leaving her there alone.

Maya awoke -

They didn't ask questions anymore. It was as simple as Alpha or non-Alpha. That was it. If you had the Alpha you were free to go on about your business (under full surveillance). If you didn't have the Alpha, you weren't going anywhere. No one knows what happened to the non-Alpha people, but the rumour is that they are being used to develop the next Alpha.

Advanced Lifeform Pharmacalogical Healing Apparatus – was the all-in-wonder implant. By using the bodies own systems, it was able to heal all diseases, alter brainwave patterns, and provide GPS uplink. Requiring no maintenance it was controlled remotely from the 'Main'. People who had the Alpha were referred to as being 'on the foot', which basically meant 'on your own', except for the built in surveillance.

She gave her eyes some time to adjust to the darkness of the room. She could just barely make out Bear's silhouette against the floor.

“Hey” She nudged him, “Get up, I wanna go score so we can eat today”. Few would attempt to 'nudge' Bear. He just didn't have the personality for it.

His eyes opened slowly, taking in the dark room. “#! What time is it?”

“Around 9 I think” She answered.

“Dammit...they're probably all gone by now...move your ass” Bear ordered.

They made their way through the alleys to the west end.

Maya waited around the corner as Bear approached the bin.

“Locks are off, come on” He loudly whispered.

She ran as fast as she could to the bin with her knapsack already open.

They both started filling the sacks with the cans. Bear was crushing them as he grabbed them to get as many as possible in the sack. Maya did her best, as well, crushing and filling.

Then it hit him.

'Why were the bins unlocked today?'

“Maya...this is...” Bear started...

They could hear the hum of the drones blades above their heads.

“You are in violation” The digitized voice echoed.

“Theft is a direct violation of the Main” It echoed again.

“Violation is zero tolerance.....sentence is delireum....1 month”

As the Main sent a signal to alter Maya's brainwaves and send her to what those 'on the foot' called 'Cafe Delireum' ,she screamed, then, slept.

-The End

Thanks for reading.

edit on 7/26/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

edit on Mon Jul 26 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Very good indeed!

Fiction that could very well become reality!

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Very good indeed!

Fiction that could very well become reality!

Thanks!

I was terrified the first comment would call it crap.

My first attempt at it.

I hope nothing like it comes true.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Loved it!

What a great spin on the theme.
S&F

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I will gently say:
I really like the transitions,
keeps the readers on their toes.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Loved it!

What a great spin on the theme.
S&F

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I will gently say:
I really like the transitions,
keeps the readers on their toes.

Thanks.

I wanted people to think, but hopefully not too much.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I enjoyed this read a lot lot
I could feel it and see it and it was scary good. I was listening to Clare du lune-Claude Debussy and it went quite well.
Awesome job

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyBlueCat

I enjoyed this read a lot lot
I could feel it and see it and it was scary good. I was listening to Clare du lune-Claude Debussy and it went quite well.
Awesome job

Really glad you liked it.

I was just hoping to get outta here alive

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I know I am my own worst critic

I like your avatar. I am on the laptop and can actually see them and the sigs. noice

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What a great story. Very creative.... It almost sounds like reality in America! God Forbid.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jensouth31
What a great story. Very creative.... It almost sounds like reality in America! God Forbid.

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join