It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy to make people more accepting of looser morals?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You can pick any generation in history and there will be complaints about morality and how society is doomed if we don't stop being 'immoral'.

What I want to know is, when were "we" ever moral? Was it moral to burn witches? Was it moral for the US Government of pay $$ for Indian scalps, give them blankets infected with small pox, own slaves and drive Mexicans out of the Wild West of California and Texas after "The Alamo"?

Was it moral to drop a couple of A-Bombs on Japan?

I guess sex, drugs and rock and roll are just natural outcomes of millennia of unchecked bad human behavior.

You sure seem to think that all the world's problems are the fault of the USA.

Clearly in your cognitive dissonance, you don't understand human nature in general.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

haha nah. like the really primitive scientists cavemen style. or when the first spear was built like that witch made their village own the world for so long. or well no other human could touch them until they had a scientist to create such an advanced form of tech.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride1

I don't know dude, sounds like you have a fear of a great many things that are out of your control.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
no conspiracy here, its called the democreeps and libtards. all to blame for whats going on today....

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It's morals all the same and just because you and I differ doesn't mean we have no morals. Morals are defined as the principles of right and wrong. Not a very easy road as right and wrong changes person to person, day to day some times but humans do differentiate between right and wrong but have different ideas of what's right and wrong.

And from my perspective their is no clear distinction as the two can always be defined by individuals and yes the horrors, some people define them using religion but at last count I lost count at the number of different religions and none of them agree on even the basics of what's right and what's wrong.

Of course from your perspective everyone else is wrong because they don't do or feel as you do. Hopefully you realize they feel the same. That's humanity and one right is someone's wrong and their wrong is your right.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You can pick any generation in history and there will be complaints about morality and how society is doomed if we don't stop being 'immoral'.

What I want to know is, when were "we" ever moral? Was it moral to burn witches? Was it moral for the US Government of pay $$ for Indian scalps, give them blankets infected with small pox, own slaves and drive Mexicans out of the Wild West of California and Texas after "The Alamo"?

I guess sex, drugs and rock and roll are just natural outcomes of millennia of unchecked bad human behavior.

You sure seem to think that all the world's problems are the fault of the USA.

Clearly in your cognitive dissonance, you don't understand human nature in general.

From the OP...

The easiest example I can think of is the music. Rappers glamorize being a stripper, single mother, being all about money, selling drugs, committing crime. People say it doesn't really affect them when they listen to rap music, but look at the burgeoning culture it has created.

Sure sounds like an American problem to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but RAP is an American invention.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So are Chinese Restaurants...

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

RAP is the cultural equivalent to "Sprechgesang" in Germany. It means "speak-singing", melodic use of rhyming words but not sung, spoken. The melody is created by timing the words. While it has gained traction through US-rap, it has been existing in different forms.

German rap from the 90s was much more about criticizing the system and making aware of social problems than saying "look at me how cool I am".

I am sure other countries have similar terms.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Referring to "Rap is an American invention".

I'd say they had a little bit of a head start from early Jamaican dancehall style reggae.
Chatting or toasting over the b-side dub versions of reggae hits made these guys a big draw for sound system parties in the seventies. Each had a unique style and made it more of an event than just playing a bunch of records which any other dj/selector might also have.

Ask any rapper and I'd bet they'll name a few dancehall figures as early influences.

edit on 2072021 by Tulpa because: Addled comment....added

edit on 2072021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Reality2021

It's morals all the same and just because you and I differ doesn't mean we have no morals. Morals are defined as the principles of right and wrong.

Morals are someone dictating what is right and wrong. Morals don't necessarily dictate what is good and what is evil. It was moral to murder a mouthy, free willed woman as a witch, because the law said so, but it was never a "good" thing to do. It was always an evil thing to do.

It was socially moral to give the natives blankets tainted with Small Pox, because TPTB said so. It was good for the settlers, but it was an evil thing to do.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

There is literlly nothing that cant be controlled with enough time & the right science. Even if someone gets in a crash or loses their wallet. it was the creater of the wallet that controlled 80 percent the outcome. they could have started with a digital scan for money the probability of losing that wallet would exponentially drop. or if tesla cars would have been created first the controller would have done a better job. primitive cars led to lines on the road & speed limits to follow. a lisence, a mind set of intoxications & so on. people only account for about 5% of their own choices for per say uncontrollable unless they cant be controlled. with science nothing is not controlled & if it isnt it will be.

you cant have science without laws or extiction will occur. laws are control. the more science the more control.

The fear of *not being a smart enough scientist to have more control over everything, no I dont fear that.

*some would call that immoral to have these scienctific values in life. some some would call all these failed experiments moral in order to achieve a grester moral code in the end.

edit on 20-7-2021 by SatansPride1 because: ETA * to avoid thread drift.. & *not

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just like moral, good and bad is relative to the viewpoint.

Like aliens decimating us would be bad for us but good for the rest of the planet in most civilized places.

Setting up a counter fire in an forest will save the rest of the forest but kill lot's of animals too, traped in between the two firewalls. Animals that might have lived or fled if not for the counter fire. On the other hand the forest didn't burn down completely and can restart, give shelter to at least some animals and plants.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

Its pretty simple really; Godless Progressives and their Marxist scum buddies dont recognize any moral standards. They see morals as road blocks to be done away with.

Ever thus, the society descends to the values of the lowest common denominator

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Ummm...nope...not moral...however it is a natural part of the human condition...

Both extremes can be found...depending on circumstance...within the same individual...and it's all purely natural...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride1
There is literlly nothing that cant be controlled with enough time & the right science.

Then see if you can science yourself up a lottery jackpot win.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

All except Weird Doug and the noises he always made...but I knew a guy that was around then to tell me about it. He grew up in the same neighborhood but wasn’t part of the birth. But a very generous amount of Maya Angelou was an early influence as well.

We could go back to early medieval Gregorian Chants of the 9th and 10th centuries if we want to....actually everything goes back to there as we went from monotone to polyphonic sound.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

not legally but someone could just create an a.i specifically designed for that purpose. take all the history of it from the beginning. gain access to the codes they use for random generation. yadaya. with enough money & risk someone could win almost everytime. thats cheating & really illegal tho so that would be dumb & unfair to be that smart & rich & then in jail ha

*That to me would be immoral
edit on 20-7-2021 by SatansPride1 because: ETA * to avoid thread drift

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

If you think our youngsters are copying this then maybe you need to listen to youngsters more?

They don't want to follow in our footsteps, they have their own thing going on.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride1
not legally but someone could just create an a.i specifically designed for that purpose. take all the history of it from the beginning.

You could also walk out into the street today and have a meteor land on your head, call my when your fears are no longer hypothetical.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

if there was a 100 story tall alien on a huge planet that chucked a rock from 1000 lightyears away sayin he gon dome satanspride & got it. i mean that shots just way to good to be called immoral.

our science is extremely primitive tho so detecting immoral bad shots out there is still difficult.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join