It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you love God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Mind is the eye to the material world.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Forgot 1: do those things each day and lastly...don't be too hard on yourself when you make a mistake either.

Those things, everyday....no matter how small and seemingly insignificant...

☮️

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The Atman is the individual Self whereas the Brahman is the universal self. Both eyes are one in the world of non-duality but both eyes are two in realm of duality. So he is wrong from the minds point of view and correct from Gods point of view.

Rather than make something complicated even more complicated we should allow out mind to define observer and love with the provission that spiritually there may be no seperation between them both.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I don't like making mistakes that affects others. Will have to look up some self-compassion articles. Thanks mysterioustranger.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The wave is atman......the ocean is brahman.

An individual wave is actually the ocean waving.

There is no wave........there is just waving ocean.

edit on 20-7-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You miss my point, The typical ego-mind will just percieve that as utter nonsense (aka gobbledegook). The only way to melt away the egocentric self is to develop compassion from ones heart. In effect, opening up the mind through the power of love. It could be argued that Christianity has been carefully written to attract ego-mind whilst promoting love to melt it away. When the ego-mind finally desolves one can clearly understand the double entendre.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The Christian Worldview (typically) is distinctly different from the Buddhist Worldview. When you write "Christianity has been carefully written to attract ego-mind whilst promoting love to melt it away" that could lend fuel to the fire that someone is trying to lead them astray.

The Christian World View does not have terms like Brahman and Atman. Instead, the Creator God is a being distinct from His created beings, like humans. The typical Christian totally believes that they, as discrete individual ego beings will be granted immortality by the Almighty. That is way different from the concept of the individual disappearing (becoming nothing) into the Brahman.

The Christian (typical) views God in an I-Thou relationship that can continue through eternity. And they love in that way.

==============
As for me. I have a split ego. So I(ego) and my Alter ego(I) have an I-Thou relationship. I really don't characterize our relationship as love. Self love could be an acceptable sort of thing theoretically, but if it gets out of hand it could end up being some sort of sick narcissism.

Maybe I just don't know what love is.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The typical Christian totally believes that they, as discrete individual ego beings will be granted immortality by the Almighty. That is way different from the concept of the individual disappearing (becoming nothing) into the Brahman.

In Hinduism, "creation" is the breath of Brahman. So Brahman also exists distinct from creation, When Brahman withdraws his breath, its said that he will maintain all souls in that distinct body, until he breaths out again (one cycle taking 133 trillion years). Merging with Brahman is not disolving in Brahman, its an awakening to our higher self. On enlightenment, that higher self reincarnates to higher worlds with a new body/mind. So disappearing (becoming nothing) is not part of their beliefs.

Christianity is problematic for me. On one hand the 7 "I AM" statement look to represent the atman. Whereas Paul admitted to twisting words to save a few (1 Cor. 9.19-23). Either way, I have taken aboard good advice from Klassified on this thread. I will just pray for their wellbeing. Buddhism is far easier for my simple mind to understand, It uses negation. So its only a matter of shovelling out the dirt rather than shovelling more dirt in.

"Maybe I just don't know what love is". You and me both!. If you consider that the minds love ia always conditional. The hearts love is unconditional, its easier to understand. A Christian won't be able to love their enemy with their mind so it demands inward probing through prayers etc to find an answer.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I and the Father are one.
Equals:
Atman is Brahman.

edit on 21-7-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
On the contrary, I'm frightened of God, for whence love cometh.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Those of us that have tasted an experience with God don't need scripture to believe that God is full of love and compassion for everyone and everything.

False God hates SIN. To say he has love and compassion for everything is an error.
edit on 7/22/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

"To say he has love and compassion for everything is an error."

Romans 5:8

you've been awal. hope all ok

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

What a way to twist God's words. He loves SINNERS not SIN. Things that are different are not equal.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Sin is a state of being. We have free will to exist as the "Will of the Mind" (existing in evil) or the "Will of the Father" (existing in love). If we exist as the "Will of the Mind" we will die when that mind returns to the dust from which it was made.

John 4:8 states "God is love". When we give God negative attributes that exist in our evil minds its us that is twisting God into a god to suit our beliefs. That god doesn't exist. When we pray to that god we are only praying to our own mind.

Our true nature is the soul that is made in the image of God. Its love is Gods love. It patiently awaits our return:

Song of Solomon 5.6:
I opened to my beloved,
but my beloved had turned and was gone.
My soul failed me when he spoke.
I sought him, but did not find him;
I called him, but he gave no answer.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Shame I remember when a post like this would garner much more attention...

Sad world

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Please show me the Bible reference for "STATE OF BEING, "WILL OF THE MIND", "EXISTING IN LOVE".

The mind is part of the soul not the body. they body comes from the dust, the soul comes from God. For God breathed into him and he became a living soul.

First I never gave God any negative attributes. Also, I have read my Bible through more times than I have been a Christian, so I can say this with Authority of the Scriptures. The AV1611 Holy Bible is 75% NEGATIVE. And not one man on this earth possessed love that way that God loves.

But the fact still stands God does not love sin. He loves the sinner not the sin.
edit on 7/24/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 03:58 AM
link   

can say this with Authority of the Scriptures. The AV1611 Holy Bible is 75% NEGATIVE

Thats a problem you need address. Why is Holy Bible 75% NEGATIVE if 1 John 4:16 states "God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.".

And not one man on this earth possessed love that way that God loves

Agree. That is the point of 1 John 4:16. True love for God is drawing on our souls ability to channel Gods love, So loving God is existing in Gods love.

But the fact still stands God does not love sin. He loves the sinner not the sin.

If I wrote somewhere that God loves sin that was done in error.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You said God loves everybody (true) and everything (not true).

I just pointed out he does not love everything because he hates sin (thing) not sinners (everyone).
edit on 7/25/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Thanks for correcting me, ChesterJohn

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join