It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you love God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Those of us that have tasted an experience with God don't need scripture to believe that God is full of love and compassion for everyone and everything. Those that havn't experienced God must try understand that Love is not just a nature of God, its Gods own very essence.

Do you love God?

If we truly loved God with Gods own true essense then we too would be full of love and compassion for everyone and everything. If we despise other people, if we despise other religions, we do not truly love God.

Christianity

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

-- 1 John 4:7-8

Hinduism

GOD is the source of all Love; Love God, Love the World as the vesture of God, no more and no less. Through Love, you can merge in the Ocean of Love.

--Atharva Veda

Islam

Love is the bridge between you and everything

-- Rumi, Islamic mystic

Judiasm

I am for my beloved, and my beloved is for me.

-- Solomon, Song of Songs, 2:16

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Which God?

The one that drowns every living thing except those he favors in the Ark.

The one that told Moses to kill an entire people but keep the virgin girls as slaves.

The one that allows evil to flourish in this world.

When I die I will ask these questions of Him!

You can't cherry pick the good parts without reference to the very evil expounded in this good book over that good book.

P

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Which God?

Seems obvious from the OP.

Those of us that have tasted an experience with God don't need scripture

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

God created the universe for us to experience all things. How can we know forgiveness if we have never experienced great losses. All these experiences help us grow into beings that will ultimately know all truths. When we awaken we will see life as a dream. A very lucid one, yes.

No, you don't have to die to question God. He exists with us with every breath we take. Experiencing the same anguish as we do, crying as we cry, wanting us to take shelter in his love. A love that is immeasurable.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

All of the good books have been written and adulterated by men.

So which adulterated text should we go by.

What we have now is evil running God's world.

So again, which god, who's version. Yours, mine?

But I do get it, the OP claims a special relationship with God and so do all of the overly pious.

Pics or it didn't happen!

P

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I'm having a bit of trouble here. The music and voice sound pretty good in the video, but I'm not so sure about the actual words. So I tried to find the lyrics to the song.

Didn't find the lyrics but I did find some stuff about Mooji (aka Tony Paul Moo-Young) seen at 4:25 in the video.

So people pay between €600 and €1000 to attend these meetings and get inspired by his presence and sing these songs and ask him questions. The BBC described attendees as mostly well-off whites.(Mooji – the guru from Jamaica". BBC News. 14 February 2008).

My First Wife's Third Husband's Brother had a girlfriend who worked for Deepak Chopra. From her description, one would get the idea that he underappreciates and underpays his most hard working employees. That causes a slight bit of skepticism.

But I found a thing written by Thich Nhat Hanh What Is Sangha

In the Buddhist scriptures it is said that there are four communities: monks, nuns, laymen and laywomen. But I also include elements that are not human in the sangha. The trees, water, air, birds, and so on can all be members of our sangha. A beautiful walking path may be part of our sangha. A good cushion can be also. We can make many things into supportive elements of our sangha. This idea is not entirely new; it can be found throughout the sutras and in the Abhidharma, too. A pebble, a leaf and a dahlia are mentioned in the Saddharmapundarika Sutra in this respect. It is said in the Pure Land Sutra that if you are mindful, then when the wind blows through the trees, you will hear the teaching of the Four Establishments of Mindfulness, the Eightfold Path, and so on. The whole cosmos is preaching the buddhadharma and practicing the buddhadharma. If you are attentive, you will get in touch with that sangha.

Even if we don't own the trees, water, air, birds and so on we practice the dharma.

edit on 19-7-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Do I love God? No

Does God love giving children cancer and aids?

Well.... 🤔

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The only true God is the God that exists in your heart. Words may sway the mind but ultimately its our will to unitie through our heart that allows us to experience God. Religion really only being a signpost saying "look within".

Sorry, no camera's allowed.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

The only true God is the God that exists in your heart. Words may sway the mind but ultimately its our will to unitie through our heart that allows us to experience God. Religion really only being a signpost saying "look within".

Sorry, no camera's allowed

👆 Convenient

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I was not advertising Mooji or any other religion. I simply added the song because it appealed to my heart. I have not fully investigated mooji but agree its a good thing to do a "greed check" prior to listening any person. He has over 589K subscribers but has never turned on advertisements so is loosing a potential ~50K a month in profit.

Yes there is absolutely no point going to a satsang, Teachings are freely available online anyway. Persoanally, I wouldn't bother with a satsang as I prefer to meditate in silence. There is no magic formula. People from all religions have experienced God. If comes down to our free will.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   
All blaming God for the ills of the world and yet everything you've experienced as negative was from someone else's sin.
Jesus says "go and sin NO MORE".

Gothmog, you're a God in your own mind and its pure vanity, you won't judge God at all, you'll be crushed, turned to jelly in his presence. Your sin will crush you.

This is again new age nonsense, as usual, masquerading as love, and yet at its core claims you too can become like God (the lie from the garden). Anyone saying "the word has been peverted) nope, the scrolls being found and ancient texts coincide with Biblical truth, right down to the giants being here.

Everyone wants a God, it's a shame most people want to make themselves God instead. Reprobate.

You shouldn't cherry pick one aspect of God and use that to define his being, God is also a consuming fire.

People claim to know God and never test the spirits talking I their ear. The Bible forbids self meditation and talking to spirits. They're deceptive and of the giants on Earth.

New age is the 'doctrines of demons' the Bible warns of.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

"Do I love God? No

Does God love giving children cancer and aids?"

No, I don't imagine that God would love to see people in pain. But by that love, he will experience all their pain that they experience. Be with them to their final breath and beyond. When we witness these atrrocities to children from our limited perspective we can only feel anger and remorse. But if the soul is truly immortal perhaps there is a bigger picture that we will never be able to comprehend.

Its been said 'When the Soul wants to experience something she throws out an image in front of her and then steps into it.'

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   

If nothing else your thread has led me stop hating Zen.

It goes like this: Thich Nhat Hanh is a Zen Master. Nothing that I've heard or read from him is hateful to me. In that article that I linked to, the word mindful or mindfulness is used 55 times.

Mindful walking, mindful speaking, mindful eating seems to be following buddhadharma.

Other Zen people emphasize mindlessness and emptiness as being the key to something (Nirvana or something). It's that preaching of mindlessness that pisses me off about Zen preachers. Thich Nhat Hanh doesn't sound like that at all.

"Dharma encompasses ideas such as duty, rights, character, vocation, religion, customs and all behaviour considered appropriate, correct or morally upright." en.wikipedia.org...

The way I see it is that it is the path that can be followed which Tao Te Ching chapter 1 mentions is Dharma.

The Way that can be walked is not the eternal Way.
The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
The nameless is the beginning of Heaven and Earth.
The named is the mother of all things.
Therefore:
Free from desire you see the mystery.
Filled of desire you see the manifestations.
These two have the same origin but differ in name.
That is the secret, the secret of secrets, the gate to all mysteries.
www.taoistic.com...

So Dharma is the name of the path that can be walked (with mindfulness), and Tao is nameless, though we have that word Tao.

I think that it's okay to not be mindless.
Therefore I don't have to feel guilty about being mindful.
The Stoics may also agree.
edit on 19-7-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: FinallyAwake

"Do I love God? No

Does God love giving children cancer and aids?"

No, I don't imagine that God would love to see people in pain. But by that love, he will experience all their pain that they experience. Be with them to their final breath and beyond. When we witness these atrrocities to children from our limited perspective we can only feel anger and remorse. But IF the soul is truly immortal perhaps there is a bigger picture that we will never be able to comprehend.

Its been said 'When the Soul wants to experience something she throws out an image in front of her and then steps into it.'

Considering there is zero demonstrable evidence of God or the supernatural, i would say that "if" and "perhaps" are "reaching"

"if" God was real, he would be a homicidal monster, and I certainly wouldn't worshiping him.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Which God?

The one that drowns every living thing except those he favors in the Ark.

The one that told Moses to kill an entire people but keep the virgin girls as slaves.

The one that allows evil to flourish in this world.

When I die I will ask these questions of Him!

You can't cherry pick the good parts without reference to the very evil expounded in this good book over that good book.

P

Well the Judaic christin God drowned everyone because of the evil they committed and then you complain about God allowing evil

Cherry picking?
Do you think about what you comment

What do you want?

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

This is a powerful post, thank you.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Consider mindlessness as a mind without egotistical desires. Without egotistical desires, the mind becomes less noisy, less demanding, far more focused. When our local mind becomes less noisy, we become far better attuned to the far more suttle global mind (aka God, Nirvana etc). So rather than be limiting (which I think you fear), it becomes limitless (expanding). But even discussing that empowers the ego which brings us back to square one. Yes its far better just to call it mystery.

There are very deep states of total mindlessness which I have achieved a couple of times but those states are only useful in accelerating, rather than achieving the mystery. In any case they are only temporary. We still need the mind to comprehend the universe in which we exist. We still need our mind to communicate with friends and love ones. Without the mind we couldn't exist.

Thich Nhat Hanh middle way is perfect for majority of people that will get confused with extremes of practice and understanding. He is also very good at explaining very complex things in simple terms.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Cherry picking?
Do you think about what you comment
What do you want?

I love Christians!

All love and happiness!

P

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

thank you, Doxanoxa

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
There is a "Higher Power" or "Source"....find yours, ours, theirs.

I know I cant build a bird and make it fly away...God can. God does. God assures. Guaranteed.

Names for He, She, Them, They, It...doesn't matter ...

We are all...ALL...part of that Source...or "God".

edit on 19-7-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join