It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diabetics Make Up Nearly HALF of US China Virus Deaths--ADA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Havamal

If I had diabetes I wouldn't be getting the vaccine and as sure as hell do my best to not get the virus.
Diabetes puts strain on your pancreas and kidneys, I know a guy who has one kidney and his doctor told him he cannot get the vaccine. His doctor had no explanation for him, like my doctor when I asked him about the vaccine, he only knew as much as just any other family doctor, almost nothing.

Yep, and America is chock full of diabetics and pre-diabetics

More than 100 million U.S. adults are now living with diabetes or prediabetes, according to a new report released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The report finds that as of 2015, 30.3 million Americans - 9.4 percent of the U.S. population -have diabetes.

The fact that less than 9% of the US population is experiencing nearly 50% of US China Virus-related deaths is an amazing statistic.

I can't imagine why this fact isn't being talked about.

Perhaps diabetes is the real health crisis.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

originally posted by: Havamal
All the more reason they should get vaxed.

99.5 percent if US covid deaths are unvaxed. That includes diabetics.

If thats true than what is the big deal? If people are choosing to risk a covid death vs a vaccine why should anyone else care what happens to them? Time to move on from this whole covid thing; yes?

Why do you folks keep bringing it up?

Make yourselves feel better when facts and reason tell you to get the shot?

Or have you entrenched so deeply that you would rather risk a horrible death or permanent illness?

Or is this just virtue signalling in the echo chamber, and in truth you have taken the vax , but don't want to look bad to your ATS buddies.

Disinformation gets people killed. In a free society, we have a duty to call out dangerous disinformation. Go back to Bigfoot and UFO's. No one gets hurt for your nonsense. This covid stuff is for adults who can understand the real world.

Go look on the CDC site. They can spell it out clearly that 99.5 percent of Americans currently dying from covid are unvaxed.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Okay, I'm going to have to call you out on your bullcrap.

People have the right to self determine and people are smart enough to go check things out for themselves.

They don't NEED you, the White House or Facebook to do that for them.

All you're doing is promoting the nanny-state because you and your leftist idiots think that you're smarter than anyone else.

You are free to post but I'm going to call you out for your lying and adherence to fascism.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If thats true than what is the big deal? If people are choosing to risk a covid death vs a vaccine why should anyone else care what happens to them? Time to move on from this whole covid thing; yes?

Or have you entrenched so deeply that you would rather risk a horrible death or permanent illness?

Or is this just virtue signalling in the echo chamber, and in truth you have taken the vax , but don't want to look bad to your ATS buddies.

Disinformation gets people killed. In a free society, we have a duty to call out dangerous disinformation. Go back to Bigfoot and UFO's. No one gets hurt for your nonsense. This covid stuff is for adults who can understand the real world.

Go look on the CDC site. They can spell it out clearly that 99.5 percent of Americans currently dying from covid are unvaxed.

Actually, they state that 99.5% of Americans that have died of Covid SO FAR were not vaccinated.

Those numbers include the vast majority of those that died before there even WAS a vaccination.

They also spell out that only 6% of those that have died were from Covid (or the common Flu) alone.... the other 94% had at least two co-morbidity factors.

Blatant disinformation is what you are spreading here.

Thanks for responding to me with your source though....

Oh wait.

You never did.

edit on 17-7-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Sometimes facts and logic make emotionally based people explode in nonsense.

I just shrug.

I don't respond to the shrill voices of emotion.
edit on 17-7-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Dafuq is that all about. ?

"Alarmingly, the ADA has also said that cases of type 2 diabetes have almost doubled in children since the pandemic".

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I'm vaccinated for Covid Havamal; I have never hid this fact on ATS.

What I do not do is fool myself into thinking my choices in life are the choices everyone should adhere too. I am not narcissistic enough to believe what is good for me is exactly what everyone else should also be doing.

Is that virtue signalling? Maybe; but I still stand by it ... people should not be narcissistic... it will make life better for everyone.

Those who are choosing to not vaccinate do not need you to save them. They have made their choices, disinformation or not, stop believing you are that important that you need to save everyone.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

THE US HAS BEEN AVERAGING LESS THAN 700 DEATHS PER WEEK FROM COVID SINCE APRIL 17TH IT'S NOW DOWN TO 235 for the whole country in the last 7 days.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So says the American Diabetes Association’s chief scientific and medical officer, Dr. Robert Gabbay.

Quite alarming when we also consider that Diabetics make up less than 10% of the US population.

Dr. Gabbay says the risk of death is up to 12X higher for people with diabetes.

SOURCE: nypost.com...

If Dr. Gabbay is to be taken at his word...those with diabetes are definitely in the High Risk group for hospitalization and death as a result of getting the China Virus...along with the elderly suffering from other comorbidities.

If there is any positive news to these statistics...

If you DO NOT have diabetes, your already miniscule chances of dying from China Virus @ 00.1%...has just been substantially reduced.

Not necessarily. From Kaiser Health News, March 5, 2021:

"The risk of death from Covid-19 is about 10 times higher in countries where most of the population is overweight, according to a report released Wednesday by the World Obesity Federation. Researchers found that by the end of 2020, global Covid-19 death rates were more than 10 times higher in countries where more than half the adults are overweight, compared to countries where fewer than half are overweight. (Mascarenhas and Rahim, 3/5)"

khn.org...

Nearly 2/3 of the adult population in the US is considered overweight and nearly 45% are considered obese. Type 2 Diabetes is strongly linked to obesity. I think obesity is the primary risk factor and, of course, if you are obese you're much more likely to have Diabetes, as well. So then you have two risk factors.

link   

Sometimes facts and logic make emotionally based people explode in nonsense.

I just shrug.

Quoted for irony and I'll leave the thread now, since you can't seem to respond to my posts.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Link it. It should be easy to find there. Oh wait. You are spewing a garbage Ex-Biden (Andy Slavitt) admin made-up talking point, not the CDC. There is no such statistic nor the data to back it. I will happily eat my words if you can link to the CDC part where:
They can spell it out clearly that 99.5 percent of Americans currently dying from covid are unvaxed

In fact, just show me where unvaxxed are dying at a higher percentage than vaxxed. Please use the CDC and link.

The CDC says "The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data."
edit on 17-7-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I never said I care if anyone gets vaxed. Let them live, let them get sick, let them die.

You folks do what you want.

But spreading lies that gets people killed is wrong, and no matter how you slice it, or jungle numbers, 99.5 percent of Americans dying from covid right now are unvaxed,and many of you are supporting the reasons for their deaths.

Feel better now?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I never said I care if anyone gets vaxed. Let them live, let them get sick, let them die.

But spreading lies that gets people killed is wrong, and no matter how you slice it, or jungle numbers, 99.5 percent of Americans dying from covid right now are unvaxed,and many of you are supporting the reasons for their deaths.

Feel better now?

Source. C'mon man. You said it was easy to find. Stop regurgitating Andy Slavitt's WAG. Who is actually spreading misinformation not backed by anything? I'm right there at the CDC digging as hard as I can right now. Not finding it. Only finding that they claim no such data.
edit on 17-7-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Feel better now?

99.5 percent of Americans dying from covid right now are unvaxed.... check.

50% dieing of covid have diabete.... check.

These are not mutually exclusive statistics. So one can not disprove the other.

So what exactly is your point?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So says the American Diabetes Association’s chief scientific and medical officer, Dr. Robert Gabbay.

Quite alarming when we also consider that Diabetics make up less than 10% of the US population.

Dr. Gabbay says the risk of death is up to 12X higher for people with diabetes.

SOURCE: nypost.com...

If Dr. Gabbay is to be taken at his word...those with diabetes are definitely in the High Risk group for hospitalization and death as a result of getting the China Virus...along with the elderly suffering from other comorbidities.

If there is any positive news to these statistics...

If you DO NOT have diabetes, your already miniscule chances of dying from China Virus @ 00.1%...has just been substantially reduced.

Not necessarily. From Kaiser Health News, March 5, 2021:

"The risk of death from Covid-19 is about 10 times higher in countries where most of the population is overweight, according to a report released Wednesday by the World Obesity Federation. Researchers found that by the end of 2020, global Covid-19 death rates were more than 10 times higher in countries where more than half the adults are overweight, compared to countries where fewer than half are overweight. (Mascarenhas and Rahim, 3/5)"

khn.org...

Nearly 2/3 of the adult population in the US is considered overweight and nearly 45% are considered obese. Type 2 Diabetes is strongly linked to obesity. I think obesity is the primary risk factor and, of course, if you are obese you're much more likely to have Diabetes, as well. So then you have two risk factors.

This I have to question. Who decides what is classified as obese? Are they getting the info from the doctors that people see? If so, then the numbers cannot be trusted. My doctor listed me as Obese for 10 pounds overweight. If 10 pounds is considered obese then most countries in the world should be considered to have obese populations.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What I would like to know is. How many people with diabetes have had adverse reactions to the jab?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah, I'm glad to be alive... again, lol!

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

How do you know for sure if the 99.5% figure is correct and true and not a bulls#t ruse? 😃

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Feel better now?

Here are the hot spots for cases make sure you don't go there.... for perspective Georgia's most populous county had 5 COVID cases per 100,000. The whole state had 543 cases in the last 7 days. The whole state had 11 Covid deaths out of 10 million-plus population in the Peach State. By the way, Georgia's vaccinated totals are less than 37% fully vaccinated the state is in the bottom 10th in vaccine percentages.

In other words that 95.5% number is minuscule. It's 10.5 persons out of an estimated population of 10.6 million

edit on 17-7-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If you ignore the whiny, demanding, emotional, attention seeking posters they eventually go away.

They can't stand the fact that adults can ignore a child in the room that screams "me, me, me!"

Yeah they leave pretty quick, lurk, then come back to cry "pay attention to ME!".

I am glad for the brief pause.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join