It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diabetics Make Up Nearly HALF of US China Virus Deaths--ADA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Havamal
If you ignore the whiny, demanding, emotional, attention seeking posters they eventually go away.

Do you promise?

I can probably ignore you for a day or two if you swear on it.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   

So " most" people in the US "is" on some kind of long term treatments for their conditions...."

Wow.

Did not notice that most of the US is that sick. You have a source for that?

Didn't think so.

Nearly 70% of all Americans take at least one prescription drug.

hpi.georgetown.edu...

Should be common knowledge

www.propublica.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79

So " most" people in the US "is" on some kind of long term treatments for their conditions...."

Wow.

Did not notice that most of the US is that sick. You have a source for that?

Didn't think so.

Nearly 70% of all Americans take at least one prescription drug.

hpi.georgetown.edu...

Should be common knowledge

www.propublica.org...

Says 66% of adults, not everyone.

Still, we are a pretty sickly lot. Ripe for conquest, it seems. Ready to be put on the trash heap of history yet?

What went wrong? Poor food? Pollution? Bad parents? Prayer in school?

Might be another thread about how Americans are such suck-assed folk who are stumbling to the grave.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Havamal

GMOs, the slowly poisoning of the US population by the food industry, it is a long story, actually but the steady decline of the our health can be trace to that.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Let's stay on topic folks.
-OP

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If so may Americans are sick unhealthy , fat, out of shape and marching to death, who can we blame?

Surely not ourselves?

My wife has diabetes. 5'2'' and 115 pounds. Not overweight. Fought some bad genes? Maybe. Both her dad and mom had it neither really heavy.

Me? 59, no probs yet 6'2'' and 185. Still run a bit and keep active.

Oldest son? Now in Marine reserves, 5'10 and 220. Still muscle, but have told him to watch it. He is 25 so it is still cool to be a muscle guy.

Young son, in the army now. Maxes his PT tests. 5'9'', 165. Has been able to outrun me since age 8. Build like a Greek statue.

None of us have big health problems. We just eat home cooked food, keep active, and love being outside.

Oh, we are all vaxed!

Long and healthy life!

So why are 2/3rds of American adults fat passed degenerates who are going to die and cost me money in the process?
edit on 17-7-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Let's stay on topic folks.
-OP

Sorry, already posted before I saw your request.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So says the American Diabetes Association’s chief scientific and medical officer, Dr. Robert Gabbay.

Quite alarming when we also consider that Diabetics make up less than 10% of the US population.

Dr. Gabbay says the risk of death is up to 12X higher for people with diabetes.

SOURCE: nypost.com...

If Dr. Gabbay is to be taken at his word...those with diabetes are definitely in the High Risk group for hospitalization and death as a result of getting the China Virus...along with the elderly suffering from other comorbidities.

If there is any positive news to these statistics...

If you DO NOT have diabetes, your already miniscule chances of dying from China Virus @ 00.1%...has just been substantially reduced.

Not necessarily. From Kaiser Health News, March 5, 2021:

"The risk of death from Covid-19 is about 10 times higher in countries where most of the population is overweight, according to a report released Wednesday by the World Obesity Federation. Researchers found that by the end of 2020, global Covid-19 death rates were more than 10 times higher in countries where more than half the adults are overweight, compared to countries where fewer than half are overweight. (Mascarenhas and Rahim, 3/5)"

khn.org...

Nearly 2/3 of the adult population in the US is considered overweight and nearly 45% are considered obese. Type 2 Diabetes is strongly linked to obesity. I think obesity is the primary risk factor and, of course, if you are obese you're much more likely to have Diabetes, as well. So then you have two risk factors.

This I have to question. Who decides what is classified as obese? Are they getting the info from the doctors that people see? If so, then the numbers cannot be trusted. My doctor listed me as Obese for 10 pounds overweight. If 10 pounds is considered obese then most countries in the world should be considered to have obese populations.

Obesity is usually defined as a condition of excess body fat that is large enough to cause health problems. Those problems include things like cardiovascular risks and diabetes. Obesity is measured by a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or greater. Your BMI is basically a number that compares your weight relative to your height. Here is an online BMI calculator where you can put in your own numbers:

www.cdc.gov...

If you are a small-framed individual, 10 pounds of excess weight could make you obese. If you are 6 foot 5, probably not.

Obesity is defined this way because it is simply an observational fact that a BMI of 30 or more puts you on track for higher disease risks.

Many of the developed nations of the world do have overweight/obese populations. It's simply a result of the fact that if you are economically well-off you can afford to buy much more food than you actually need.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

GMOs, the slowly poisoning of the US population by the food industry, it is a long story, actually but the steady decline of the our health can be trace to that.

Then don't eat them.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You really don't understand how that is?

For a start, they're two different numbers. All COVID deaths include all of them from start to finish, not just the recent ones, or any others.

So of all COVID deaths, 50% were diabetic.

Now on to a separate stat. This time, the stat is that 99.5% of deaths are unvaccinated people. They're pushing this one to get vaccination rates up. And they're just talking about people without the vaccine, not diabetic people without it or healthy ones or young ones or old ones ... ALL of them in one aggregate clump.

The two stats can overlap and not contradict.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Covid-19 caused a lot of "silent" conditions to rise to the surface. Frequently with tragic results. Many didn't know they were diabetic until after being hospitalized for Covid-19.

They're finding similar aggravations amongst Covidd-vaccine recipients who recovered from Covid-19 previously.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

For a start, they're two different numbers. All COVID deaths include all of them from start to finish, not just the recent ones, or any others.

Now on to a separate stat. This time, the stat is that 99.5% of deaths are unvaccinated people. They're pushing this one to get vaccination rates up. And they're just talking about people without the vaccine, not diabetic people without it or healthy ones or young ones or old ones ... ALL of them in one aggregate clump.

Of course, except you have to not be brainwashed to understand that concept

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Don't know about that, but it sure didn't help when we locked them all in their homes, on their couches to gain 15 more pounds through stress eating to "save" them from something that has a better chance of killing them if they're overweight, and of course, we won't even talk about how gyms and other exercise facilities were "nonessential".

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Incorrect.99.5 percent of people dying since May have been unvaxed.

I did not try to conflate covid with diabetes, the OP did

I merely pointed out that if the OP was correct, than the 99.5 percent who died must have been 50 percent diabetic.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Don't know about that, but it sure didn't help when we locked them all in their homes, on their couches to gain 15 more pounds through stress eating to "save" them from something that has a better chance of killing them if they're overweight, and of course, we won't even talk about how gyms and other exercise facilities were "nonessential".

" we locked them in," I didn't did you? You stop them from walking around the block, or doing some pushups?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   

" we locked them in," I didn't did you? You stop them from walking around the block, or doing some pushups?

Some people need structure. Some people need obligation or to feel responsible in order to maintain.

I happen to be one. I need to obligation of a class or practice in order to be motivated to go workout and exercise. Just getting up off the couch doesn't do it for me. I practice on my own because I am competitive; I am competitive because I practice. I practice because I signed a membership to the dojang.

Do you see how this works?

I am luckier than most. My group kept up via Zoom classes and practices, but the community center was completely shut down.

And when we're talking about a group of people who aren't active all that much to begin with ... it's like signing a death warrant.
edit on 17-7-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Some people need structure. Some people need obligation or to feel responsible in order to maintain.

I happen to be one. I need to obligation of a class or practice in order to be motivated to go workout and exercise. Just getting up off the couch doesn't do it for me. I practice on my own because I am competitive; I am competitive because I practice. I practice because I signed a membership to the dojang.

Do you see how this works?

I am luckier than most. My group kept up via Zoom classes and practices, but the community center was completely shut down.

And when we're talking about a group of people who aren't active all that much to begin with ... it's like signing a death warrant.

Ok. You are coming across as a good person posting in good faith.

I agree that all of us need to have a reason to get up and do stuff.

I had a weekly walk scheduled with some folks around a lake nearby every week. Masks. Distancing. Sitting in the grass after the walk 10 feet apart and talking. It took effort.

I am pretty happy how it turned out. We are still keeping up the walks.

Made a few new friend too.
edit on 17-7-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The American Diabetes Association’s chief scientific and medical officer, Dr. Robert Gabbay conflated China Virus with diabetes.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

But you've already pointed out that you were inclined to physical activity to begin with.

The whole lockdown hit at a point when I was rehabilitating a shoulder after major surgery. It needed more challenge than just daily activity, so I was signed up for water aerobics at the local community center on top of PT. Then COVID happened and everything shut down.

I found ways because I had to in order to complete rehabilitation.

Most people aren't in that position, and if you aren't inclined to be physical to begin with, then the lockdowns gave you an easy out.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I merely pointed out that if the OP was correct, than the 99.5 percent who died must have been 50 percent diabetic.

How many people is the total that has died from COVID since May in the US?
edit on 17-7-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join