It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has anyone noticed the butterflies are missing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I had some family over the other day. My aunt mentioned there are no butterflies this year and they all have gone missing... I said this cant be true. I believe i have seen them . But when i actually started looking by my flowers, that always have butterflies, there was none. I see lots of bees and some white cabbage moths, but no butterflies..Any one else notice this? I live in New jersey

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

All over my garden in Michigan!🦋

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

In bountiful supply in Florida.

Where are you located? They are having trouble with birds dying in Indiana. If you live close to Indiana, it may be related.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
They are all in Manitoba. I get hit in the face by about 5 every time I go for a bike ride. The bugs are doing just fine up here.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
new jersey
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Have not seen many butterflies in central iowa, but i have seen far more dragonflies than I can ever recall.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
now that you mention it, i have seen a ton of dragonflies also a reply to: drewlander

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Plenty in these parts-
but no dragonflies.

I actually looked into the dragonflies when I moved here some years back- if you live near any summer camps, they tend to import dragonflies early spring to eat up the skeeters.
Some days at dawn or dusk I'd look out and they'd be so thick in the air you'd be carried away if you were out there. I looked it up about five years ago, and you buy them by the tens of thousands.

Since all the summer camps were shut down last summer because of the boogyman, many camps skipped their orders.
The balance of insects and wildlife like birds was likely greatly affected.

Lots of birds up this way this year too- I might go turkey hunting for the first time.
Seeing tons of birds in the yard- bigger varieties than ever before, too.

This is up in New England.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Plenty in my part of the woods.

Monarchs and all.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Well I'm guessing you just found the answer to your question they are being eaten. I can tell you they are alive and well here they run when I mow on the tractor.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Plenty of monarchs in central Pennsylvania matter of fact more of them then honey bees.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Have not seen many butterflies in central iowa, but i have seen far more dragonflies than I can ever recall.

I cut my grass on Saturday, and it looked like an alien invasion movie. There were thousands of them, and I only cut the three acres closest to the house,

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Plenty in Ontario, Canada, by the UP, Michigan.

Maybe something is bothering them around where you live? Pesticide or something?

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I plant a bunch of wildflowers and I have tons of butterflies - here in Colorado!

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
We bought cantaloupe plants this year and the flowers have bees in them. I told my husband that there are no butterflies this year like we normally have.

AT least we have the bee or we would have had to attempt to hand pollinate melons!

We are in Arizona

edit on 7/5/2021 by Cornczech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Unsure of your locale but in Central NY I've seen tons on my land. Some I've never seen before actually. Some really pretty florescent blue. Hope things are okay ecologically in your area. A lot of industrial farming? a reply to: HODOSKE

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Interesting topic. There were many years here where I wasn't seeing any seagulls. Than the butterflies and bees started missing as well. Seagulls are back. Butterflies and bees are starting to appear again the last couple of years. I haven't seen a dragonfly here in god knows how long. I'm in Los Ang-hell-es.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The kids found an unhatched butterfly cocoon thing ??? Help? Ok not sure what they’re called anymore school was a long time ago, but anyway, i told them to put it back or somewhere safe to which they did

But other than that… thinking about it abit more I haven’t really seen many at all since may? A few yellow and white ones but none for the past month? Are they usually spotted the whole of summer? Geez I feel real stupid right now but wild life isn’t exactly a strong subject for me, but this did make me ponder for some reason

That could be because I’m super stoned at the minute though 😂

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

All over my garden in Michigan!🦋

All over the GR metro over here, there's no lack of butterflies (or bees. Or wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, etc) this year.

The only thing I noticed as slightly off this year was the fireflies started coming out about 2 weeks earlier than normal. But there's also a LOT of them around my neighborhood this year, so maybe they had a breeding boom we missed.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Interesting. So im not the only person seeing this with two other confirmations.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join