It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Amish doesnt have autism pandemics?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
1 in 40 children affected by autism. 1 in millions of children affected by Corona.

If you ever called the China Virus a "pandemic", then I don't know what you'd call autism. Super mega epidemic.

You actually think autism is a disease that can be spread from person to person?

Epidemic refers to a disease spreading rapidly within one country; when an epidemic occurs simultaneously in several countries it becomes known as a pandemic - hence the correct and accurate use of the word for SARs-CoV2.

Neither term can be applied to autism.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'd share underwear before sharing a toothbrush.

I'd share a girlfriend before sharing a toothbrush.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

I'd share underwear before sharing a toothbrush.

I'd share a girlfriend before sharing a toothbrush.

see, if you share a toothbrush, you share yukmouth. Don't share yukmouth.

BTW, what goes, CLOP, CLOP, CLOP, CLOP, CLOP BANG!, CLOP, CLOP, CLOP BANG!?
Amish drive by shooting. Thanks, I'll be here all day.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I dumped my Amish girlfriend, she drove me buggy...

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

LOL! Oh man it's gonna be a good day. Helloooo Friday.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: aristorat

Same reason no one had peanut allergies when I was a kid. They'd starve.

If a kid DID have a peanut allergy back then, they had to go off to sit in a room by themselves.

So, look for isolated barns filled with autistic children.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: aristorat

What is an 'autism pandemic'?

And to be honest, if the choices were 'be Amish' or 'have autism' I'd take the 'tism since you wouldn't be able to steal my soul by taking my picture.

I would be happy to clonk along the highway with my horse and buggy if I could easily look people in the eye and not have severe uncontrollable emotional reactions to stupid crap.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I would be happy to clonk along the highway with my horse and buggy if I could easily look people in the eye and not have severe uncontrollable emotional reactions to stupid crap.

I been saying this would happen from day one of this
autistic paindemic. But nobody would listen to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2
a reply to: Blue Shift

I been saying this would happen from day one of this
autistic paindemic. But nobody would listen to me.

I'm afraid the "pandemic" started decades ago. I attribute mine to my mother smoking like a chimney when I was in utero. Brain damage is a bitch, let me tell you. So it's not a viral problem. It's not vaccines. It's a social / environmental problem. People consume a lot of stuff that is not good for them or their offspring, and from the 50s we live in a surprisingly toxic environment.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Study design: In April of 2020, a survey assessing vaccination patterns and beliefs were mailed to 1000 Amish families, including ultra-conservative Amish sects and special needs families.

Results: The response rate was 39%. Among 391 respondents, 59% did not vaccinate their children, compared to only 14% that refused all vaccinations reported by Wenger et al in the same community only a decade ago. The ultra-conservative Amish rejected vaccines more often

LINK

Let's assume that the 61% (610 out of a thousand) that didn't respond were not vaccinationed. Out of the 39% (390) that did respond, 59% (230 out of 390) didn't vaccinate. If the earlier assumption is correct then 84% of this Amish community we're not vaccinated (for anything apparently). Out of the left over 16% who did vaccinate, there is no data on what vaccines they took or if they finished the require course of vaccinations.

I hadn't spelled this out in my earlier post, but if there is less autism in Amish communities that don't vaccinate, then less vaccinations may be the reason. I don't have the stats on Amish autism though, it may be similar to vaccinated kids.
edit on 18-6-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: aristorat
What is the reason why Amish doesnt have autism pandemics?

Is that because they are not in touch with something others are in touch?

There is Autism among the Amish.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
As I heard that they have lower rate than other kids. So if true-why?

imfar.confex.com...

Here they say 1 Amish kid on cca. 250.
How much is in rest of population?

Wonder whats theor statistics with Covid. Anyone ckecked Amish?

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Autism is now under a large umbrella.

Diagnosing all levels of Autism would require expertise.

Severe to moderate Autism would be more obvious and easier to diagnose.

But, levels 1 - 2 - and maybe even 3 — could easily be missed or dismissed as behavior issues.

I’d say any low rate of diagnosis is due to lack of knowledge and expertise in this area.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The Ahmish eat a more healthy diet similar to how farmers and small town people used to eat when I was young. They also do not vaccinate against all of the diseases, choosing to get natural immunity. Stimulating the immune to activate so much can cause it to improperly react to some cells in the body, memory cells are similar to prions in that they are folded differently than other natural proteins. When you hyperactivate the immune systems many ways, it can lead to it overreacting to some types of cells in the body.

Our diet actually does seem to mimic somewhat the ahmish diet because we eat a lot of the old fashioned foods. We do not like to eat more than twenty five percent junk foods....but that just lowers risk, it does not cause autism and dementia, it just increases risks in susceptable people with certain genetics. The number of people with the genetics is about a third of our population if I remember right.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We have Mennonites where I am.

Similar to Amish.

Checking out their carts at the grocery store, I question how healthy those diets are today.

I can tell you, they really like potato chips.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Why did the Amish guy divorce his wife? She was sleeping with two Mennonites...

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Similar to Amish.

Checking out their carts at the grocery store, I question how healthy those diets are today.

Not sure what type of Amish you're talking about, but the ones that live all around me don't shop at no grocery store.

I think Mennonites have more sects with various allowances.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

We have Mennontites where I am.

That usually means there is a good ballet nearby...

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wanted to be a cultural anthropologist …. health reasons … got in the way of college.

Anyway, I still follow cultures.

There is kind of an uprising going on among the Amish. As in Christianity, there’s hardcore and more liberal.

Some younger generation (and older) want computers, phones, and to drive cars.

While there will always be hard core Amish, there is also more liberal sects. And I expect more of this.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Similar to Amish.

Not sure what type of Amish you're talking about, but the ones that live all around me don't shop at no grocery store.

I think Mennonites have more sects with various allowances.

Getting a little off track, but the Mennonites where I am ran their circular sprinklers powered by gasoline. The increase in the price of gasoline has affected them. Many are now working regular jobs to supplement their income.

Can the Amish sustain?

I find it interesting that they hire internet companies to sell their handmade products.

Isn’t that kind of cheating — a little bit?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join