It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left vs right…..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I’m starting a thread to find out what we have in common, and not what we don’t……left vs right…..for example, divides us…let’s start a conversation where we focus not on what doesn’t…..I’ll start……we are all human beings……..who’s next…?
edit on 16-6-2021 by Akaspeedy because: (no reason given)

Side note, thanks mods for putting this in the correct forum
edit on 16-6-2021 by Akaspeedy because: Wrong forum

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy
we all eat and defecate

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So we have that in common and we can’t argue that fact……..there are no sides in that statement…….good one

a reply to: tamusan

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

We all breathe air.

We all go to our home planet on the weekends...

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That we do….. (we all breathe air) so left/right doesn’t matter…….it’s a divisional construct to keep us fighting amongst ourselves

a reply to: NightFlight

edit on 16-6-2021 by Akaspeedy because: Edited

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

We're all members of this forum.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So that should unite us more than divide…….a reply to: Phallacy

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
we all eat and defecate

Yep. Defecation is pretty much for certain.

A few years ago, I would have said that we all wanted a sane world where our children could grow up healthy and safe, but now we have evil morons wanting to change the sex of pre-adolescent children and justify pedofilia - and most of them think I should be forced to do the same. We have people who justify on a large scale violence and looting as a positive means if expression. We have people who are willing puppets of political handlers that are using race to divide society.

Sorry, I got nothin' in common with those.
:
edit on 2021 6 16 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Individual rights, freedoms, libery, no censorship, no infringing upon the rights of others.

/done.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Pretty sure this thread is about what we have in common and not what we don’t….trying to get ats’ers back to the way things used to be before the ‘left/right argument took hold……that is for other threads……we are all people…..I’m focusing on what we have in common……..that’s what this thread is about………

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How is anyone left or right? Everybody wants to put people in boxes. Shouldn’t sane people agree with some from left and some from right? Same with disagreements. Or are those people just hated by both sides.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yes, for sure but that’s not the point of this thread….what do we have in common…….? Do you like Chips and/or dips…..let’s keep this all about us and not post political leanings in any sense

a reply to: snowspirit

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Left Vrs Right is just a term used when there is a clear divide... it derives from the French revolution when one massive party of loud mouths sat on the left side of the king and the other on the right side.

Otherwise, when society isn't so divided and thrown in partisanship; right and left are meaningless (and this goes for any sort of division that we tend to throw people into groups). We are all individuals at the end of the day, with our own thoughts, wants, needs, skills, etc, etc.

Don't let the terms of right and left get to your head, when they are generally used in a derogatory way. The internet has just exaggerated it all to be honest.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Not seeing any ‘what we have in common’ in that post…….good points but that’s not the point of this thread……

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Both are hypocritical

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I’m starting a thread to find out what we have in common

We're all peasants.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What do the black and white chess pieces have in common? What about the red and black checkers?

They’re just players in a game. ‘They’ don’t win or loose, they are just pieces of a game. And these pieces can’t even conceive of the masters ‘playing’ them.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Are there any other options?
Can I be above or underneath or is this a two dimensional world?
And if so, why?
You can go left, right, up down...
I don't want to be part if any stupid fights between two parties.
It's just to plain stupid.
Maybe someone can kill off the word versus.
It's up to no frikkin good anyway.

edit on 16-6-2021 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

And I answered that question; granted, in the negative, but it is what it is

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Good idea for a thread.

We all come from the same place, are bound by the same rules while here and leave this place in the same way.
Everyone is on the same journey.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join