It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People think, crypto-world is not able to be tracked.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sorry, I have quite a bit here.. wasn't sure where to put this post, but it is technology oriented.

People believe personal wallets are private and no one but them have access to said wallet. But just on the Bloomberg channel had a statement of recovering the wallet that was used in the Bitcoin crypto hack of pipelines.

If this was the case Paul Abbat would not of been able to track and locate and recover the funds from the hacks of the pipeline.. unless this was a planned hack.

Do you think Democrats are desperate enough to use technology to force another fake win? By forcing shortages of gas, and meats? Only to have it go to a personal wallet locally to make it easy to have a majority amount recovered?

Realistically each wallet is 16 words randomized.. it would take 100s of years to "hack" a wallet. Because these words actually define the wallet itself. Think of it like your bank account number. All you need is the numbers to access it. No routing needed. Which means they would of had to access millions of wallets before they got to the right one. Since there is no guarantee "red spliffy cherry apple foot bangs smile, etc" equals said wallet.

They have started calling the hacking group the "dark side".

Has anyone ever heard of the dark side network?

They are claiming that they have been stalking the US companies for the last year. Do you think the crypto banning(which happened in 2009 by denying it as a currency, then again after the hack despite record gains..) that is starting is to stop people from going to Bitcoin is a way for them to increase their gains before accepting such or a similar?

edit on 7-6-2021 by BlackArrow because: Wallet defined

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow

... unless this was a planned hack. ...

Duh! Ya think?

I have no doubt that the whole thing was a false flag. They will test these strategies out in sectors before hitting the whole system. The Colonial pipeline "hack". The JBS meat processing system "hack".

Just wait until they perfect their methodologies and hit the entire global financial system and supply chain.
:
edit on 2021 6 07 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

These were hacks, both JBS and Colonial had crap encryption and were ware of the situation. It's a calculated risk on their en and they lost. There are many more besides these two.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

Anybody that thinks it's magic privacy money doesn't know much about crypto.

With the exception of the privacy tokens, which will be axed by regulations IMHO unless they decide to use it for their own black money projects, most of the others leave a trail. That's a neat trick I expect them to use. They'll funnel terror money using privacy crypto, subsequently use said terrorists to determine that privacy crypto is used for terror funding, then they'll continue to demonize and confiscate it while still using it to fund their secret wars. They've been tightening the on-roads and off-roads from fiat to crypto, but once it becomes more widely accepted as currency the conversion of crypto to fiat won't be as important.

The whole point of most crypto is to have a record of transactions, among other things. While the surface data may not tell you everything you need to know you can still track it and by using this footprint there's a great deal of information available.

What ban are you talking about after the hack? As far as I know there's been no change in US policy. There have been false reports about bans in China and India, some places have curtailed mining, but not much else that I know of.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

These were hacks, both JBS and Colonial had crap encryption and were ware of the situation. It's a calculated risk on their en and they lost. There are many more besides these two.

The fact that they had "crap encryption" and lax security does not mean that these had to be genuine hacks. The point of the exercise was not to see if they could break into the system. I'm pretty sure that that wall has been breached. The point was to disrupt the supply chain and see who small segments of the market would react. Hitting the lowest hanging fruit (i.e., least protected suppliers) would make sense. It'd not raise any red flags in terms of exposing advanced security-breaching measures but it'd have the same effect as breaking a more securely protected organization.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Crypto typically uses a distributed architecture so you can track the packets from source to destination. The trick is finding out who owns the destination wallet. Once you know that you can track all of their transactions by looking at the relevant hash tables.

It's like having an anonymous PO Box, but the mail man remembers every letter than they put in it. Once they've ID the owner of the box they can tie them to the transactions.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

"Dark Side"

Did they not used to crack old Amiga/C64 games?

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
The fact that they had "crap encryption" and lax security does not mean that these had to be genuine hacks.

What's a 'not genuine' hack?

edit on 7-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
By "genuine hack," I mean something that is as was reported; an individual or group of individuals breaking security in order to steal or lock data with some gain (usually financial) in mind.

A non-genuine "hack" would be not as reported in the media, one not carried out by such people but by powerful political entities and the end of which was in reality not actually a means of some material gain. I believe that these they were carried by political powers to the actual end of disrupting supply chains and gauging market and social response. The "hack"[/i] narrative would have been nothing more than a cover story, much like the entire "Covid-19 pandemic" has bee a cover story for the usurpation of basic human rights and national sovereignty.

ETA: This kind of thinking probably gets a fellow on somebody's watch list.
edit on 2021 6 07 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

For Colonial, who is now a customer, the hack was as described.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

There is no such thing as "secure" in regards to the internet.

I don't comprehend how anyone would think so.

I still haven't received my XXXXXXX subscription from 1992, if I can't trust Hugh Hefner and the USPS, then how stupid am I to trust 1s and 0s?

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

For Colonial, who is now a customer, the hack was as described.

If your profession is related to data security, ask for more money! That's the skill of the decade. It kind of reminds me of 1999. If you were a seasoned programmer at that time, you could get some serious pay. Companies diverted budgets to buy new hardware and rewrite the old COBOL applications because someone said "computers will stop working in 2000. It was a great time for me. Now I wish I was an expert in networking.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
If your profession is related to data security, ask for more money! That's the skill of the decade. It kind of reminds me of 1999. If you were a seasoned programmer at that time, you could get some serious pay. Companies diverted budgets to buy new hardware and rewrite the old COBOL applications because someone said "computers will stop working in 2000. It was a great time for me. Now I wish I was an expert in networking.

Everyone on our sales team makes stock broker money, it's like the wild west.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thats the point of Block Chains, they store the transaction data on every block for comparison

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Oh we've known it's traceable for years now. This is why things like bitcoin private was created to make the tracking harder.

But there will always be a way to track funds as long as you have to deal with a third party to convert the funds to USD.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It wasn't about their encryption, they recovered the funds by "guessing a 16-32 random word wallet".

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think you guys are missing the point here.

It's not about the encryption or security of the software at said companies. Or how crypto works, I know how it works more then anyone. I have been mining/farming/buying and selling since 09.

The point is there is 1 of 2 ways they could of recovered(without an actual arrest) a wallets security key to retrieve funds. A crypto wallet is open source code. There is NO need for a third party to hold said funds. Most just don't know how to program enough to create their own wallet without going to third party.

1. Have access to said key.

2. Random generate 16-32 words via computer, and hope to get the right key to the right wallet. (Which means they accessed millions of accounts on the hunt for the right key, which should of taken close to 1,000 years to recover..)

3. Arrest the said individual; before he transferred the funds again and hopes he reveals the key.

You cannot recover bitcoins or any other crypto without the key to the wallet, unless it is on an EXCHANGE which the funds were NOT. This remains as to why billions of dollars of crypto are forever lost.

P.s there were no arrests.

edit on 8-6-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   
FBI had the keys to their own account. FBI is behind these hacks. They want to condition the masses to these ransomware attacks before they attack the stock market with one. Wallstreet is not going to take blame for the stock market crashing. FBI will blame it on Russians.

Should be obvious that the FBI is a criminal organization by now.

They’re saying the keys Key were located in a server in CA?? Therefore FBI had physical access to this thing?

Something is off here or these hackers were major amateurs
Seems silly that the hackers would leave it in an exchange. Something smells about this whole story...

I don't buy it for a second.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Thank you, you get the point I made. Democrats created the story to try and show they know what they are doing. The money was never stolen to begin with.

If people read my other posts on crypto, I have been the one telling people cryptos block chain proof of work was transaction id for *years now. Months much more because of the increased activity.

Crypto-wallets are a different story, they are seperates from a block chain and are created only after a transaction reaches a said code. This allows wallets to be lost and non recoverable, if not recorded by a third party. This code is created by a series of words that is completely random and then encrypted in such a way it is extremely unlikely 2 wallets will ever contain the same exact order of words.

But it only becomes LIVE on the chain after the first transaction... At this point after the first deposit or transaction that makes it live you can remove it from the block chain by sending it to a secondary set of words that only collects via the first account.

(offline wallets - you never use the wallet for anything more then to store, and then it doesn't get recorded on the transaction ID until it preforms a transfer out)

When crypto was first starting up millions of coins vanished because of lost keys. With no third party backup. They are 100% unrecoverable.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   

It was my point to make nay-sayers think. Course it was a planned hack. They never lost possession of the funds to begin with. Otherwise it would of been impossible for them to recover the funds, unless it hit an exchange.

But no one that is capable of hacking pipelines or farm stock is stupid enough to send the money to an exchange to cash out.. when you can sell that crap privately. Without an exchange, and take it completely off the chain.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join