It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Arrogance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Being intelligent and studying is not "gaming the system."

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

No it isn't, but you can certainly improve your scores on these tests with practice. When I watched the video, I figured the asian guy would be #1 and then suspected the military guy. I chose the Asian as he said he is a management consultant and I worked in that field. The companies tend to recruit people who are good at logic games, IQ tests, high academic ability, and problem solving (The company interview questions are case studies where they want you to solve a problem / brain teaser or "case").

I figured the military guy as I've know plenty and all have been really sharp at problem solving.

I knew the PH.d chick would be near last. She was too full of herself and could tell she seems to base things on emotion.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I may not have a PhD, but I do have an MS and MBA. They taught me exactly what I needed, which is that the degree is just a checkbox for HR. I'm not saying the experience was wasted, far from it, but I had already been working in my field for years before starting my degree journey. I didn't want to hit an artificial ceiling when I got high enough up the ladder, I shouldn't have worried at the end of the day as some of the most successful people I know have no degree or stopped at a BS.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

Well , Charles Darwin Figured Out a Solution to that . Survival Of The Fittest , and The Weak Die Out . Time Will Tell............

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I’ve been around a few liberals who are straight two dimensional thinkers. They fail to think in the 3rd dimension.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Did you take the IQ test from the video and how did you score?

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Studying how to do well on an IQ test is "gaming the system"

There is no black magic behind an IQ test; you can train yourself to better understand the question methodology and in turn be quicker and more accurately provide an answer.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I think it was someone my husband knew who said advanced degrees were just ways of discovering who had a high tolerance for BS.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

And that's why most IQ tests are only to be taken once or at most twice to produce an accurate result. Taking them over and over produces the effect you talk about.

The surest measure is the raw one.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Great video great topic.

In Ireland we call it "cop on"

If you've no cop on then you're a number 6.

Cop on is being aware of the situation you're in and being alert in that situation and handling it well. Thinking before opening your mouth. Making sure your brain is in gear before putting your foot on the accelerator.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I didn't take the test in the video, but I have taken various IQ tests.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Oh, wait, I thought you were talking about the videographer.

My bad.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I took it. I'm holding it for ransom.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

There is no black magic behind an IQ test; you can train yourself to better understand the question methodology and in turn be quicker and more accurately provide an answer.

How do you study for an IQ test?

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

How do you study for an IQ test?

Go on line and take a few IQ test; familiarize yourself with the various formats and reap the benefits.

www.test-iq.org...
edit on 8-6-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds like a bunch of whining and snivelling to me.

Boohoo, I flunked an IQ test. Feel bad for me.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Wouldn't it be funny if you took the test and got exposed the same way she did?

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It is clear you missed the point of the video. The woman thought she was so smart and clearly proclaimed herself to be smarter than the other participants, particularly the military guy with less education. I have done neither...

I have taken quite a few IQ tests and generally score pretty high. However, I don't do well on all tests. I didn't do particularly well on my GMAT for business school admissions.

Testing isn't everything.... nor are academic credentials. People are intelligent and smart in their own special ways. As I have stated, often the issue with liberals is they may be book smart, but lack a lot of common sense. You see this in how they implement policy. I have liberal neighbors who are surgeons, so obviously smart in their field of study. However, you get them talking about gun control or immigration or other liberal oriented politics and it is like they've turned their brains off even when presented with data and observable outcomes.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It is clear you missed the point of the video. The woman thought she was so smart and clearly proclaimed herself to be smarter than the other participants, particularly the military guy with less education. I have done neither...

I have taken quite a few IQ tests and generally score pretty high. However, I don't do well on all tests. I didn't do particularly well on my GMAT for business school admissions.

Testing isn't everything.... nor are academic credentials. People are intelligent and smart in their own special ways. As I have stated, often the issue with liberals is they may be book smart, but lack a lot of common sense. You see this in how they implement policy. I have liberal neighbors who are surgeons, so obviously smart in their field of study. However, you get them talking about gun control or immigration or other liberal oriented politics and it is like they've turned their brains off even when presented with data and observable outcomes.

I didn't miss the point of the video at all. It appears you missed the irony of exhibiting approximately the same arrogant condescension she displayed previously to exposing her actual intelligence via the IQ test which you conveniently neglected to participate in. And I said it would be funny if you were similarly humbled by the aforementioned test.

I guess we'll never know.

¯|_(ツ)_/¯

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Your over the top defensiveness indicates this topic struck a nerve. How many degrees do you have?

Butthurt level = +1,000

Hilarious

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join