It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Arrogance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

lol

Are they the same "left-leaning" people that tear down statues, burn books, and deny free expression of others with different views?

Asking for a friend.
edit on 7-6-2021 by DBCowboy because: covid drank my beer

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

lol

Are there the same "left-leaning" people that tear down statues, burn books, and deny free expression of others with different views?

Asking for a friend.

i don't know, i wasn't there. there were provocateurs, idiots, criminals, that's for sure. the majority of the protests were peaceful. violence is not a sign of stupidity. you can be brilliant and violent and criminal. but you are stupid when you follow an idiology like fashism or radical islamism or some other form of cult.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianSpy
College....

Where parents pay to turn their children into dumbed down, pretentious, self-absorbed, asinine individuals since 1636.

Colleges and universities used to be filled with very smart people. It's only recently (since the 60's) they've become what you describe.
edit on 6/7/2021 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

a reply to: Edumakated

I honestly believe that in order for anyone to embrace the leftist ideology, they must have a lower IQ, a lower EQ.

The leftist ideology is so antithetical to reason, freedom and rationality.

In 2010, a study was published for which researchers analyzed surveys of 14,000 young people from the USA. Participants who described themselves as "very liberal" - which would be left-liberal or left-wing in our country - had an average IQ of 106. The group of young people who said they were very conservative had an average IQ of 95. Religion also played a role in the study: Strict believers had an average IQ of 97. Respondents who described themselves as non-religious had 103.

"People with left-leaning attitudes tend to be more curious and open to new experiences than people with conservative views. Possibly this leads to them preferring to learn new things more easily and thus being more likely to expand their cognitive abilities."

www.spiegel.de...
< br />
In the first video, the narrator references the US General Social Survey (2014) which states the opposite. Republicans tend to score higher on IQ tests. YOu can see the abstract at about the 7 minute mark.

I tried to look up the study, but don't have time to dig it up. However, here is the link to the organization that did that study. Tied to University of Chicago.

General Social Survey (Univ. of Chicago)

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
honestly its not just liberals that are arrogant, Americans in general are pretty arrogant due to our relative isolation and our superpower status, we never really learned humility like most other nations and are overly idealistic.

our behavior towards china is a perfect example of our arrogance and dislike of being challenged.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Are there the same "left-leaning" people that tear down statues, burn books, and deny free expression of others with different views?

And has anyone noticed that these same people feel they have the right to say the most horribly hateful things, call people names and think they should be rounded up and done away with, or shot in the head? They are way over the top and they can't even recognize their bad behaviour and think it's all right to do those things. Because they're leftists, liberals and live in big cities. Only hicks live in the country.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
our behavior towards china is a perfect example of our arrogance and dislike of being challenged.

So, you're all right with China rounding up certain of it's citizens and putting them in death camps? That is a challenge I'll never accept.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Liberals are often arrogant because they are shockingly self-unaware. When you're totally self-unaware, you're unable to think critically, and your entire world view becomes skewed. Your arrogance leads to bigger things. You become hypocritical. You become delusional.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I honestly believe that in order for anyone to embrace the leftist ideology, they must have a lower IQ, a lower EQ.

Exactly this

In order to embrace the leftist ideology, one must have a lower IQ to begin with

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand sometimes.

This vid reminds me of the SJW chicklets that open their DNA results in front of their glowing screens.

Priceless looks on their faces when reality sets in....freaking PRICELESS.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

And has anyone noticed that these same people feel they have the right to say the most horribly hateful things, call people names and think they should be rounded up and done away with, or shot in the head? They are way over the top and they can't even recognize their bad behaviour and think it's all right to do those things. Because they're leftists, liberals and live in big cities. Only hicks live in the country.

The only reason these types are speaking their vile fantasies out loud is because liberal media supports them and participates in and spreads their hate. I should add that websites like FB and Twitter also participate by suppressing more mature and rational viewpoints.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

i was part of a NORC study until 1989. that's when i told them i wouldn't help them and the Government pigeonhole me or anybody else.

they followed me through the last year of high school and my time in the Corps and about three years after that. at the time it started the county i live in had a very small population, i knew 5 other people who were doing it. my girlfriend, 2 of my partying buddies, another girl that i had some classes with in school, and my mom's bosses son.

they still call me and send me literature wanting me to participate.

edit on 7-6-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

First page & we already found another number 6 in the crowd? XD

Dude, you just did the same thing you accused the video makers of doing, only even MORE blatantly and with a bigger pout. Was that sarcasm, or are you just confirming everything he said because from your own spin, it sounds good? Listen closer. For more than an echo of your own throat noise.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Peaceful protest?

Like the one on the 6th of Jan?

Far more peaceful than ANY bLM gathering or aNtifa orgy

Conservatives are intelligent enough not to descend into animalistic violence just to go along with the crowd

There was no attempt at insurrection, even though there should have been

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Peaceful protest?

Like the one on the 6th of Jan?

Far more peaceful than ANY bLM gathering or aNtifa orgy

Conservatives are intelligent enough not to descend into animalistic violence just to go along with the crowd

There was no attempt at insurrection, even though there should have been

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

"I cannot be wrong because __________."

Yup. I call it ''Justificationism''.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You caught that, too? Maybe that's an Equity or Emotional Quotient that we know nothing about. Makes sense that she would stereotype others in the same breath that she'd be triggered over being stereotyped in.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

In 2010, a study was published for which researchers analyzed surveys of 14,000 young people from the USA. Participants who described themselves as "very liberal" - which would be left-liberal or left-wing in our country - had an average IQ of 106. The group of young people who said they were very conservative had an average IQ of 95. Religion also played a role in the study: Strict believers had an average IQ of 97. Respondents who described themselves as non-religious had 103.

"People with left-leaning attitudes tend to be more curious and open to new experiences than people with conservative views. Possibly this leads to them preferring to learn new things more easily and thus being more likely to expand their cognitive abilities."

www.spiegel.de...
< br />
A German link to an American study? You really should take those articles with a grain of salt unless they're in reference to studies conducted on German citizens.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

originally posted by: RussianSpy
College....

Where parents pay to turn their children into dumbed down, pretentious, self-absorbed, asinine individuals since 1636.

Colleges and universities used to be filled with very smart people. It's only recently (since the 60's) they've become what you describe.

The UK had a grant system once. Presumably you had to meet certain standards to justify the expense.
When we switched to the loan model things started to decline.
Banks don't care if you mess around and fail or get a worthless degree.
Just as long as you repay your debt.

Tony Blair made things worse.
He wanted everyone to go to university so it would hide the unemployment figures, feed the banks and warp the minds of students into an extreme left wing, labour voting class.

I worked for a university for a several years across various different sites in libraries.
There were some really smart and pleasant people there but you could also see who was there to make up the numbers. Bums on seats made money for unis and banks but resulted in the devaluation of a degree when everyone has one. It also introduced an entitlement attitude which has had a negative effect on society as a whole.

Something I still find interesting, though, is the number of people who study in one field but end up working in an entirely different one.
It seems that some employers value the educational experience itself over a specific degree course. The exception being things like law, medicine and sciences.

Adding.

One things for sure. The stereotypical media studies and drama/performing arts students really are the most insufferable, arrogant and obnoxious ones you would ever have the misfortune to deal with.
edit on 762021 by Tulpa because: Luvvies ewwwww

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Its interesting that the PHD made such a big deal about her EQ or emotional intelligence when out of all the people in that test she appeared to be the most insecure with herself and her opinions. She clearly was mistaking having an advanced degree with raw intelligence. Her bravado is likely a defensive mechanism for her insecurities. She may not even know she is doing it.

Based on her body language and over reactions I'd guess she was in the bottom half of the Situational Leadership Model; which is what I personally use to gauge the skill set and emotional attitude of the people I work with. She sticks me as some who always needs to be told what her work load is and than must be monitored closely.

The military guy stricks me the opposite; assuming he had the skills to do the actual work he probably could be left alone to be both a self starter and finish with minimal supervision.

I have the same opinion of the rainbow guy; I would have also ranked him high in the group. Its interesting how all the woke people ranked him low as well based only on his outward appearance. I wouldn't be surprised if he flub the test on purpose with not finding value in it... as you know all the other people "tried" to get a high score in order to prove something to the others.

Advanced Degrees alone only indicate that you have been exposed too a lot of information on a very specific topic. Remove a advanced degree holder from working on that topic that they have studied and it is very possible the Advanced Degree holder has very little extra knowledge.

Anyone else notice how the Chinese dude tried to comfort everyone else by saying "had you studied for an IQ test you would have done better" .... he probably studied for the test; he's probably been studying to do well on these types of tests his whole life so that he could get into a good college. There's always ways to game the system.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join