It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Arrogance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds like a bunch of whining and snivelling to me.

Boohoo, I flunked an IQ test. Feel bad for me.

Who in this thread took an IQ test as we have been talking; let alone flunked it?

Even in the video all the persistent did average or better so again we aren't even discussing people who flunked the test.

Sounds like the only person carrying on about doing poorly on an IQ test is you. I wonder why that may be?.

But I digress; in the video the Chinese fellow, the one with the highest test score, clearly states that he believes the others would have done better if they had studied for it... was that a remark to make the others feel better about themselves; or an omission as to how he was able to do as well as he did ... my guess is that it is both.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: TzarChasm

Your over the top defensiveness indicates this topic struck a nerve. How many degrees do you have?

Butthurt level = +1,000

Hilarious

Farting in your right wing echo chamber every time it gets a little too smug is one of my civic duties. I also can't resist poking at the irony of a jackass mocking another jackass.

edit on 8-6-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Edumakated

Did you take the IQ test from the video and how did you score?

I didn't take the test in the video, but I have taken various IQ tests.

Wouldn't it be funny if you took the test and got exposed the same way she did?

It is clear you missed the point of the video. The woman thought she was so smart and clearly proclaimed herself to be smarter than the other participants, particularly the military guy with less education. I have done neither...

I have taken quite a few IQ tests and generally score pretty high. However, I don't do well on all tests. I didn't do particularly well on my GMAT for business school admissions.

Testing isn't everything.... nor are academic credentials. People are intelligent and smart in their own special ways. As I have stated, often the issue with liberals is they may be book smart, but lack a lot of common sense. You see this in how they implement policy. I have liberal neighbors who are surgeons, so obviously smart in their field of study. However, you get them talking about gun control or immigration or other liberal oriented politics and it is like they've turned their brains off even when presented with data and observable outcomes.

I don't see this a "liberal" problem.

Its an problem in academia in general; it just so happens liberals are over represented in academia.

To continue with anecdotal evidence; my in laws, who live in Ecuador and so are not entrenched in American politics, are collage professors.

With in their social circles they are considered quite intelligent and hold high positions.... but when they are with me doing normal things they are as dumb as rocks. I

For example I lost one in a Walmart once; they can't screw a few screws into ikia furniture; and once they tried to help me shovel snow with a badly damaged snow shovel (that they picked) and I just watched them struggle to understand why I was clearly outpacing them.

I more or less love these people, they are great to be around... but out side their field of expertise they are not very smart. But they think they are.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Using a cherry-picked example of one person acting a certain way to attempt to broad brush an entire group is always pretty amusing, not to mention being a prime examples of what's going so wrong with humanity these days.

Also, surely you could have fit in a few more instances of the phrase "liberal chick" into your narrative?
edit on 8-6-2021 by GravitySucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

So, more than one degree.
Got it.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
Using a cherry-picked example of one person acting a certain way to attempt to broad brush an entire group is always pretty amusing, not to mention being a prime examples of what's going so wrong with humanity these days.

Also, surely you could have fit in a few more instances of the phrase "liberal chick" into your narrative?

Agreed liberals don't like to be called chicks. They are full grown chickens.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

Agreed liberals don't like to be called chicks. They are full grown chickens.

Chickens are actually useful, unlike the peacocks we have in government.

edit on 8-6-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah with my MS I didn't learn a whole lot as I had been working in that field for years already. My MBA I actually learned a good bit about business operations and finance which was lacking from both my undergrad and MS. Capacity for dealing with BS has already been built up over years of working in a capacity of a consultant.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Funny, if you actually watch the video, you'd see there were actually TWO liberal chicks in the video doing the same thing.... assuming the military guy was dumb. However, the second girl scored about the same or slightly higher than the military guy. IN fact, she stated she had a low opinion of the military.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Only people really offended get personal.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Funny, if you actually watch the video, you'd see there were actually TWO liberal chicks in the video doing the same thing.... assuming the military guy was dumb. However, the second girl scored about the same or slightly higher than the military guy. IN fact, she stated she had a low opinion of the military.

There you go. You fit in another one, plural this time even. Well done.

I don't care if it was a dozen, a hundred, or a thousand. The broad-brushing mentality is best left to children who don't know better. Or wait. Even children know better until they're taught. We're in a vicious cycle here, folks.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

All IQ tests are the same. People aren't equal, that's the way we were designed and nothing will help that. While most of us treat each other equally, none of us are equal in regards to skills, intelligence, strength, etc..

There are many attempts over decades to design IQ tests and they are all biased in some way. They are not "all the same.". Also, we weren't "designed." And also, of the billions of humans alive, I bet there are countless examples of people who are equal in certain skills, or have identical IQ scores, or have the same strength (assuming a definition of measurable physical strength). I almost didn't post this comment, but everything you said just looks incorrect.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

"Conservatives are intelligent enough not to descend into animalistic violence just to go along with the crowd."

And that's why us Conservatives will lose. We refuse to "fight in the mud".

It's a fight to the death now; if we don't start acting like we have a heartbeat, we don't stand a chance.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude

"Conservatives are intelligent enough not to descend into animalistic violence just to go along with the crowd."

And that's why us Conservatives will lose. We refuse to "fight in the mud".

It's a fight to the death now; if we don't start acting like we have a heartbeat, we don't stand a chance.

I agree. It's time we employed the same tactics.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude

What do you call this? Looks like plenty of conservatives followed along with the Proud boys and the Qanon cult.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It seems like there are a lot of people projecting in this comment section. Yes, it's somewhat fulfilling to see people get their comeuppance sometimes, but she wasn't exactly being rude, just overly confident and too focused on what her job and degrees reflect in reality. The truth is, all of these people scored above the average human IQ, which is around 100 (by design), and the average American's IQ comes in at 98. The top four participants would be categorized as "Very Superior/Extremely High," the one ranked fifth is still classified as "Superior/Very High," and Maria still comes in at "High Average."

Statistically speaking, many who are commenting need to take a long hard look in the mirror instead of being so quick to call out Maria, even if she was being a bit over confident.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They didn't do anything the left hasn't been doing all along. The double standard just means everyone on the right is held accountable while those on the left are not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join