It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Arrogance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds like a bunch of whining and snivelling to me.

Boohoo, I flunked an IQ test. Feel bad for me.

Who in this thread took an IQ test as we have been talking; let alone flunked it?

Even in the video all the persistent did average or better so again we aren't even discussing people who flunked the test.

Sounds like the only person carrying on about doing poorly on an IQ test is you. I wonder why that may be?.

But I digress; in the video the Chinese fellow, the one with the highest test score, clearly states that he believes the others would have done better if they had studied for it... was that a remark to make the others feel better about themselves; or an omission as to how he was able to do as well as he did ... my guess is that it is both.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: TzarChasm

Your over the top defensiveness indicates this topic struck a nerve. How many degrees do you have?

Butthurt level = +1,000

Hilarious

Farting in your right wing echo chamber every time it gets a little too smug is one of my civic duties. I also can't resist poking at the irony of a jackass mocking another jackass.

edit on 8-6-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Edumakated

Did you take the IQ test from the video and how did you score?

I didn't take the test in the video, but I have taken various IQ tests.

Wouldn't it be funny if you took the test and got exposed the same way she did?

It is clear you missed the point of the video. The woman thought she was so smart and clearly proclaimed herself to be smarter than the other participants, particularly the military guy with less education. I have done neither...

I have taken quite a few IQ tests and generally score pretty high. However, I don't do well on all tests. I didn't do particularly well on my GMAT for business school admissions.

Testing isn't everything.... nor are academic credentials. People are intelligent and smart in their own special ways. As I have stated, often the issue with liberals is they may be book smart, but lack a lot of common sense. You see this in how they implement policy. I have liberal neighbors who are surgeons, so obviously smart in their field of study. However, you get them talking about gun control or immigration or other liberal oriented politics and it is like they've turned their brains off even when presented with data and observable outcomes.

I don't see this a "liberal" problem.

Its an problem in academia in general; it just so happens liberals are over represented in academia.

To continue with anecdotal evidence; my in laws, who live in Ecuador and so are not entrenched in American politics, are collage professors.

With in their social circles they are considered quite intelligent and hold high positions.... but when they are with me doing normal things they are as dumb as rocks. I

For example I lost one in a Walmart once; they can't screw a few screws into ikia furniture; and once they tried to help me shovel snow with a badly damaged snow shovel (that they picked) and I just watched them struggle to understand why I was clearly outpacing them.

I more or less love these people, they are great to be around... but out side their field of expertise they are not very smart. But they think they are.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Using a cherry-picked example of one person acting a certain way to attempt to broad brush an entire group is always pretty amusing, not to mention being a prime examples of what's going so wrong with humanity these days.

Also, surely you could have fit in a few more instances of the phrase "liberal chick" into your narrative?
edit on 8-6-2021 by GravitySucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

So, more than one degree.
Got it.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
Using a cherry-picked example of one person acting a certain way to attempt to broad brush an entire group is always pretty amusing, not to mention being a prime examples of what's going so wrong with humanity these days.

Also, surely you could have fit in a few more instances of the phrase "liberal chick" into your narrative?

Agreed liberals don't like to be called chicks. They are full grown chickens.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

Agreed liberals don't like to be called chicks. They are full grown chickens.

Chickens are actually useful, unlike the peacocks we have in government.

edit on 8-6-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah with my MS I didn't learn a whole lot as I had been working in that field for years already. My MBA I actually learned a good bit about business operations and finance which was lacking from both my undergrad and MS. Capacity for dealing with BS has already been built up over years of working in a capacity of a consultant.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Funny, if you actually watch the video, you'd see there were actually TWO liberal chicks in the video doing the same thing.... assuming the military guy was dumb. However, the second girl scored about the same or slightly higher than the military guy. IN fact, she stated she had a low opinion of the military.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Only people really offended get personal.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Funny, if you actually watch the video, you'd see there were actually TWO liberal chicks in the video doing the same thing.... assuming the military guy was dumb. However, the second girl scored about the same or slightly higher than the military guy. IN fact, she stated she had a low opinion of the military.

There you go. You fit in another one, plural this time even. Well done.

I don't care if it was a dozen, a hundred, or a thousand. The broad-brushing mentality is best left to children who don't know better. Or wait. Even children know better until they're taught. We're in a vicious cycle here, folks.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

All IQ tests are the same. People aren't equal, that's the way we were designed and nothing will help that. While most of us treat each other equally, none of us are equal in regards to skills, intelligence, strength, etc..

There are many attempts over decades to design IQ tests and they are all biased in some way. They are not "all the same.". Also, we weren't "designed." And also, of the billions of humans alive, I bet there are countless examples of people who are equal in certain skills, or have identical IQ scores, or have the same strength (assuming a definition of measurable physical strength). I almost didn't post this comment, but everything you said just looks incorrect.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

"Conservatives are intelligent enough not to descend into animalistic violence just to go along with the crowd."

And that's why us Conservatives will lose. We refuse to "fight in the mud".

It's a fight to the death now; if we don't start acting like we have a heartbeat, we don't stand a chance.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude

"Conservatives are intelligent enough not to descend into animalistic violence just to go along with the crowd."

And that's why us Conservatives will lose. We refuse to "fight in the mud".

It's a fight to the death now; if we don't start acting like we have a heartbeat, we don't stand a chance.

I agree. It's time we employed the same tactics.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude

What do you call this? Looks like plenty of conservatives followed along with the Proud boys and the Qanon cult.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It seems like there are a lot of people projecting in this comment section. Yes, it's somewhat fulfilling to see people get their comeuppance sometimes, but she wasn't exactly being rude, just overly confident and too focused on what her job and degrees reflect in reality. The truth is, all of these people scored above the average human IQ, which is around 100 (by design), and the average American's IQ comes in at 98. The top four participants would be categorized as "Very Superior/Extremely High," the one ranked fifth is still classified as "Superior/Very High," and Maria still comes in at "High Average."

Statistically speaking, many who are commenting need to take a long hard look in the mirror instead of being so quick to call out Maria, even if she was being a bit over confident.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They didn't do anything the left hasn't been doing all along. The double standard just means everyone on the right is held accountable while those on the left are not.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

It seems like there are a lot of people projecting in this comment section. Yes, it's somewhat fulfilling to see people get their comeuppance sometimes, but she wasn't exactly being rude, just overly confident and too focused on what her job and degrees reflect in reality. The truth is, all of these people scored above the average human IQ, which is around 100 (by design), and the average American's IQ comes in at 98. The top four participants would be categorized as "Very Superior/Extremely High," the one ranked fifth is still classified as "Superior/Very High," and Maria still comes in at "High Average."

Statistically speaking, many who are commenting need to take a long hard look in the mirror instead of being so quick to call out Maria, even if she was being a bit over confident.

It's kind of depressing to think we got to page 4 before THIS. The only part of this I disagree with is she was extremely rude and condescending. There are very intelligent people on these boards who already know these facts, Sometimes I think the most intelligent people are overlooked or even looked down on because they assume that things like this are commonly known and skip over the basics to go to the meat of the subject. The rest just roll their eyes at the screen and move on.

People tend to get drawn into the emotional aspect of it and when emotions get involved we often lose our perspective and our ability to listen and communicate. I think the video absolutely shows what I've said for the past sixteen years while being a BSW at a University. You paid a S**t load of money for a piece of paper that 'I are smart'.

Honestly, I'd love to see folks here take an actual IQ test and post their results. There would definitely be a lot of 'justification' going on. My results would probably put me somewhere barely above a tree stump though.

peace

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You have a valid point. And recently, people tend to be rude and Condescending. Personally, I think this trend to be rude has morphed to be hostile. And, subject to be a behavior chosen at a moment's notice, this behavior is the core of mass violence. Especially in the areas you mentioned. I've also noticed that this trend should be studied, and for obvious reasons. After all, we tend to find cause and effect in all we encounter. You know... seeking answers to all too often behavior we see daily, kinda thing. After years of personal interest and study, I've narrowed the results accordingly. First of all, like it or not, people are influenced by online content and behavior. In the past, it was apparent that folks are were more likely to suspect their reality based on any content that fits their worldview. We've been exposed to "news accounts" where the wording alone offered critical thinking for much of us older generations. For instance, words and phrases i.e., "sources say" and or "according to our sources," Blah-blah-blah. And, the occasional verbiage such as "theoretically" or "alleged" offered the same. If nothing more, such attention in how to report allowed the opportunity to question rather than decide the value of the subject matter.

Then came the Cable indoctrination and its programming. And now we "have choices!" Every News source, and their brother, raced to gain an audience! And, in the process, there was a massive drive to eliminate federal regulations. Things like the "Fair Reporting Doctrine" faded into the Ether and no longer apply. Add to that, the FCC no longer "monitors" content providers and their agendas. In fact, all News reporting on cable is registered with the FCC as "for entertainment purposes only." And, that term alone allows mind programming on its audience to fit in their political views and agendas. This was a massive shift in past regulations to the "new" wild west of news reporting. It allowed the creation of FOX News and their "flavor" of radical right-wing philosophy and CNN followed up with their brand of "Utopian Left of anarchists. This was a divisionary tactic aimed at the American people and we see the results today. Personally, I think their motto should be, "this is your world as we report it."

Now we can sit here and attempt to separate flea sh!t from pepper, but the results don't lie. And, all results are "NOT" by accident. Between cable news sources and obnoxious content supplied by shock-jock radio personalities, what was "old west" is now the product of the "Professional World Wrestling" style of propaganda. And here we are. Now our children are indoctrinated with their favor of the month nonsense and hate rules the streets. However, things can't get better for the giant corporations and their bottom line. They love the fact that their "operation" gained their huge power and wealth. BAnd, brainwashed subjects rarely complain and quite often support anything supplied by their favorite sources. Plus, it's an easy operation to maintain as long as you feed the monster. Plus, there is always the help of their friends in the CIA. They have quite the history of "swaying public opinion" to implode a nation's will and resolve. Between the two, professional scriptwriters work together for the daily fix. And, if you have any rational skills whatsoever, it becomes obvious that our nation is occupied by ignorant and stupid people ripe for such control. After all, centralized education from Washington rendered their desired effect in our children. They may not be able to calculate and operate a cash register, but they can cite the latest news that benefits cross-dressers and hold a "special" interest in the lives of this group or another.

In fact, I've heard it said, that, mass education institutions are no longer here to educate, but, to create loyal and supporting citizenry for our worldly brotherhood and to indoctrinate. And, that is important! Or, so they say. But, I've digressed and it's time to get back to the main subject. Now that our feet are rooted in cable nonsense, we've been introduced and guided with a more powerful medium to keep our noses on the path. The Home PC! And now we have access to every "expert" known to man! What made cable vulnerable is now not an issue! After all, answers are only a click away! And, both friends and foes have found their oasis. Facts are no longer important, but "Flat-Earthers" are! And, thank God, we have millennial experts to "prove" the Moon landing in "69" was a hoax and Hitler won WW-II. How I could live the past sixty-plus years unaware of these facts is beyond me, but at least I have my trusted PC and the experts on board to opine the differing methods of mind control and how it affected my coma. Ah-huh. Or so they think. Their conspiracies only hide only the true conspiracies that have rocked our world! True bonified facts that require mind controlling to hide are present for mass consumption to those equipped.

In fact, this has gotten so bad that I feel the need to interrupt. Based on the title of this rant, "Liberal Arrogance," I thought I'd offer a nickel's worth of free information. You see... this is a symptom of mass hysteria. And sadly, this poor soul is under the influence of massive mind control. Plus, obviously totally clueless! Now... ain't that sad??? I "feel" for people like that! Maybe or not, but, I suspect the fact I was raised to be compassionate with others is the reason I'm sad. Regardless, I wish to help, and not as help uncle Ronnie warned us of, but true help. Not the help we all know will only inflame our problems. That is not the answer. And, let's face it. Now is not the time to assume small and snide remarks and advice will win the day, but a true analysis is needed to fix these problems. Simple people with a simple mentality can't fix complex problems. And, nor will costly overthink methods are needed to fix simple problems. This requires all of us to put on our thinking hats. Again, you see... this may sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but liberal measures are needed to combat liberal and simple problems adequately and conservative methods are needed to fix the opposite if there is any chance a liberal approach will ultimately harm or increase the problem. Personally, I don't wake up in the morning to approach the day from either mindset. That would be foolish. But, I'd die and go to hell before I allow anyone or anything to think or decide for me. I don't need televised talking-heads anymore than I need millennial experts and "their facts."

But how does this affect our society? Why all the anger and hate? Yesterday, I went out to run errands. There were three stores I needed to visit. I pull into a small strip mall for one of the three. There was a small parking area and only one vacant spot. However, very little room between the sitting vehicles in front of me. I made a proper maneuver to enter with the same free space between my car doors and others. As rolling up my window, I noticed the big Ford pickup next to me was running with nobody inside. That is odd and obviously, the owner gambled that nobody would steal it. But, I had very little space to exit my car. This required surgeon skills to open the door and not strike the truck. Personally, I'm very anal about car scratches on my car or anyone else's car too. ( SEE PART 2 )
reply to: NightVision

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 03:21 AM
link   
PART TWO: Therefore, I'm very cautious when parked close to others. In this particular case, I made great attempts to make sure our vehicles did not touch. However, once out I looked at the truck to see if it was running or another car close by. Then I entered the store. Immediately, I was confronted with the truck owner. "Could you have parked any closer to my truck? I said, "no, and why?" "I saw your door hit my side!" I said, "you are mistaken!" "In fact, I made every attempt to make sure I didn't!" "Well...old man, don't talk to me...you old drunk ass!" Now, this is in front of other passer-byes and my blood is boiling! Yet, I'm an old man and he is three times my side! I said, "or...what?" "What are you going to do?" Are you armed? "Is this going to be the next mass shooting?" Then I went to get what I went there for.

I made it back to the line to purchase and he was in front of me. I looked out the window to note his license tag number. I told him that if he wants to wait, we can go look at the door of his truck. Again...he's pissed! "Shut up, old man...don't talk to me?" I said, "why, are you afraid you won't find any evidence of a "touch?"..."And, by the way, I'm not drunk. In fact, I don't drink!" But, at that moment I noticed what he had in his hands! I fifth of Vodka!...lol. I started laughing and my mind was spinning...lol. "But, obviously, you do! Are you drunk?" "I told you to not talk to me, old man!" Oh...I won't. But before I do, I've noted your tags. Nice truck. A 2020 Ford three-quarter huh? BTW...son. I'm gonna retire soon, but that will be in a few months. But what I can do is make sure to place a BOLO on you and your truck tonight! And, I really hope you are stupid enough to drink that bottle and get caught driving under the influence. That will make my day! Then we can continue this talk and discuss your near future!" Suddenly, he was quiet! Obviously, my ruse paid off. A guy behind me started laughing...lol. Ohh...this dude was fuming!...lol. He paid and left and made no attempt to "scan" his door.

What he didn't know was I'm already retired and have health problems. Yet, it was a nice day and after a year of "lock-down," I was enjoying my day out. Ohh...I spoze it could have gotten out of hand, but, # em feed em fish heads! However, I can't help but wonder why people are so hostile! I know for a fact there are many reasons and much I studied while in college. I majored in Criminal Justice and pursued a career in Law Enforcement. But, other areas and disciplines, i.e., Sociology, Constitution Law, Criminal Law, Tort Law, and Psychology aids in my queries. The fact is, we now live in dangerous times. Again, I'm quite aware this is a shared conclusion, but, to the degree, we see today is alarming! I never leave home without my pistol and for obvious reasons. And, I can understand why others feel the same. Hate and hostile intent rule the streets. Period! And, I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six. And, contrary to popular belief, that is a shared concern by all. My next question is, "will people surrender their right to carry a firearm to appease the wants of frivolous officials and stupid citizens? o n the other hand, maybe we need a major bloodletting. Maybe that will be the only means to defuse current hostility. After all, the last Civil War resulted in a more tame environment. Otherwise, I have no other ideas of how to treat this problem. . a reply to: NightVision

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join