It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is studying UFOs again

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Good find!! Since we're clearly not going to attempt to show ANY evidence of NASA ever concealing evidence for ETI visits, this kind of trivia will have to do....

Isn't leaking classified information a crime ?

(( My message to anyone that has secret classified information,

PLEASE do not post it here in this thread, start your own topic or do it somewhere else ))

(Thank you)

I'm wondering if the scientists Nelson was referring to, will ever publish their conclusions ?

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Your buddy Nelson is in his second 15 minutes of fame

Which 'Nelson'?

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Your buddy Nelson is in his second 15 minutes of fame

Which 'Nelson'?

Why your new leader Bumbling Bill Nelson……now trusted to keep all NASA secrets

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Why your new leader Bumbling Bill Nelson……

Not my leader. He'll only get really dangerous when NASA implements its new 'minorities equity' big push.
edit on 23-6-2021 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   
No moon landings or aliens, it's all a ruse, imo.

Nobody even mentioned seeing aliens, or anything, for thousands of years, and suddenly they're all over the Earth?

I'm aware of people referring to ancient paintings, etc. that are claimed to depict aliens, or alien spacecraft, because it suits their argument for aliens being real, but it's not very convincing, since aliens would always have been mentioned, and reported, as they are today, but they weren't ever mentioned at all, back then.

Simply compare today, with previous centuries, and see if 'aliens' were ever mentioned before recently, or how often they mentioned 'aliens' back then.....

In previous centuries, 'aliens' were NEVER mentioned, nobody said they SAW aliens, or UFO's, or abducted by aliens, or anything about 'aliens' at all came up! Not in the 19th century, or before that, were 'aliens' mentioned, or 'seen', nor UFO's or 'flying saucers' either!

That's an obvious clue that 'aliens' are only a RECENT 'phenomenon'. History proves it, without any doubt.

And it indicates a ruse, or mainly so, in fact.

I think 'aliens' may be planned in a far greater agenda, but I sure hope not...

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Beware the bogey man.

Myths, legends and oral traditions from almost every civilisation around the globe speak of alien like creatures.
We all tend to interpret things in a way we can process and understand.

Beings from other planets were perhaps outside of their comprehension.
But creatures from some sort of mystical realm etc, that sort of fit in with their respective belief systems.

I'm no expert in this, I'm sure more informed people can offer a better take on this.
But I do see an underlying trend there in civilisations and cultures separated by distance and time.

Lights in the sky?

I'm sure they have been recorded and commented on since the moment we climbed out of the trees.

Did they explain them as flying craft?
Probably not - again, outside of their comprehension.
Dragons?
Thunderbirds?

I don't know but we have a tendency to turn that which we don't know into something we can relate to.
Flying creatures breathing fire - aircraft exhausting?
Again, I don't know....but I think its a possibility.

Are there common elements of truth at the core of all our myths and legends?

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Beware the bogey man.

Myths, legends and oral traditions from almost every civilisation around the globe speak of alien like creatures.
We all tend to interpret things in a way we can process and understand.

Beings from other planets were perhaps outside of their comprehension.
But creatures from some sort of mystical realm etc, that sort of fit in with their respective belief systems.

I'm no expert in this, I'm sure more informed people can offer a better take on this.
But I do see an underlying trend there in civilisations and cultures separated by distance and time.

Lights in the sky?

I'm sure they have been recorded and commented on since the moment we climbed out of the trees.

Did they explain them as flying craft?
Probably not - again, outside of their comprehension.
Dragons?
Thunderbirds?

I don't know but we have a tendency to turn that which we don't know into something we can relate to.
Flying creatures breathing fire - aircraft exhausting?
Again, I don't know....but I think its a possibility.

Are there common elements of truth at the core of all our myths and legends?

I'm referring to the 19th century, however. There weren't myths and folklore at the time, and nobody ever mentioned 'aliens' or 'UFO's, nor was anything written or recorded about 'aliens', either, You have to compare our most recent times to make a valid argument about this matter.

This ruins the 'alien' argument, nobody ever saw one, or a spacecraft, or even thought about 'aliens' at all, in over hundreds of years, so this doesn't fit at all with recent times, as it MUST fit with all other centuries, it must be consistent, however, so it's the 'aliens' that don't fit in, don't work out as true, and is completely fakery, no 'aliens' exist.

I know many people think 'aliens' are real, and visit Earth, abduct people, so on...but it's pure hogwash. Nothing else. A huge effort to sell 'aliens' has gone on for decades, and many more will come up, that's for sure.

Do not buy this BS, it's all a sham, trickery, staged, and it's very dangerous, to fall for it.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What is the point of making up this myth about aliens and UFO's etc?
Who benefits and how?

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Who benefits and how?

Most people see UFOs as a binary topic. Is it aliens or not?

So I appreciate this might not interest you personally. But you just might be surprised if you dig below the surface at why the belief in alien spacecraft visiting Earth is perpetuated by various groups.

In the late 19th century, many newspapers employed "yellow journalism". Fantastic stories of monsters and strange airships were often written as if they were absolutely true. When in fact some were based partially on eyewitness accounts and others made up completely. Not much difference from the trash tabloids of today. Sensationalism sells. The Alien Autopsy Hoax of the mid-1990s was another such case of profiting from a hoax. Never underestimate the monetary value of the entertainment factor.

During the Cold War UFO stories were used as cover for testing of secret aircraft like the U2 and probably still are. The CIA even claimed responsibility a few years back. Even the hardened sceptics didn't believe they were responsible for ALL sightings.

Other 'alien' cover stories may have been issued to conceal recovery of crashed foreign hardware from the Soviets. The US even used alien spacecraft rumours to secretly recover photo pods from their own spy satellites in the 1970s.

American intelligence ruses included deceiving a man who lived on the perimeter of a US airbase in New Mexico. He was actually monitoring and photographing secret projects employed to track Soviet spy satellites. He even patriotically reported this to the Air Force intelligence agents at the base, who then, reinforced his beliefs in a coming alien invasion over a number of years. So much so that he ended up having a mental breakdown.

link

And ever since the Cold War foreign agents have infiltrated Western UFO organisations in order to spy on aerospace tech in development. Counterintelligence would produce faked patents. some based on 'UFO tech' to make adversaries waste time on trying to duplicate non-existent technology and documents to track spy networks and those leaking genuine secrets.

There are even claims that 'alien' abductions are actually psychological warfare exercises on unsuspecting victims. Although that remains a very contentious topic.

link

Then we have the likes of cults and fringe religions like $cientology and Heaven's Gate cult promoting the existence of aliens. Although, they are mainly prevalent in the US. Which has a population with a greater preponderance towards believing such things than your average European.

edit on 26/6/2021 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Apropos of mirageman's insights, the CIA/DIA used Soviet-region UFO literature to keep tabs on illegal Soviet space-to-ground nuke warhead tests, here:

Ground observations of Soviet FOBS warhead tests in 1967:
satobs.org...

More recent Russian defense-evading nuke warhead tests have also been extensively documented as 'UFOs' in Russian and central Asian ex-Soviet republics.

satobs.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: easynow

FOIA results for Bill Nelson's emails.

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
NASA will sit on this doing as close to nothing as they can for a few years, then release a one sentence statement something like "We looked into this and it's a load of horse-s-h-i-t."
edit on 8-7-2021 by MrMorden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMorden

What evidence have you seen that even hints that NASA possesses genuine 'UFO secrets'?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Who benefits and how?

Most people see UFOs as a binary topic. Is it aliens or not?

So I appreciate this might not interest you personally. But you just might be surprised if you dig below the surface at why the belief in alien spacecraft visiting Earth is perpetuated by various groups.

In the late 19th century, many newspapers employed "yellow journalism". Fantastic stories of monsters and strange airships were often written as if they were absolutely true. When in fact some were based partially on eyewitness accounts and others made up completely. Not much difference from the trash tabloids of today. Sensationalism sells. The Alien Autopsy Hoax of the mid-1990s was another such case of profiting from a hoax. Never underestimate the monetary value of the entertainment factor.

During the Cold War UFO stories were used as cover for testing of secret aircraft like the U2 and probably still are. The CIA even claimed responsibility a few years back. Even the hardened sceptics didn't believe they were responsible for ALL sightings.

Other 'alien' cover stories may have been issued to conceal recovery of crashed foreign hardware from the Soviets. The US even used alien spacecraft rumours to secretly recover photo pods from their own spy satellites in the 1970s.

American intelligence ruses included deceiving a man who lived on the perimeter of a US airbase in New Mexico. He was actually monitoring and photographing secret projects employed to track Soviet spy satellites. He even patriotically reported this to the Air Force intelligence agents at the base, who then, reinforced his beliefs in a coming alien invasion over a number of years. So much so that he ended up having a mental breakdown.

link

And ever since the Cold War foreign agents have infiltrated Western UFO organisations in order to spy on aerospace tech in development. Counterintelligence would produce faked patents. some based on 'UFO tech' to make adversaries waste time on trying to duplicate non-existent technology and documents to track spy networks and those leaking genuine secrets.

There are even claims that 'alien' abductions are actually psychological warfare exercises on unsuspecting victims. Although that remains a very contentious topic.

link

Then we have the likes of cults and fringe religions like $cientology and Heaven's Gate cult promoting the existence of aliens. Although, they are mainly prevalent in the US. Which has a population with a greater preponderance towards believing such things than your average European.

Money and fame, fear and control, are benefits of creating the popular myth about 'aliens', from 'outer space'!

It supports 'space' as an endless area of 'dangers', to Earth, to all humans!

That's why I compared today, with prior centuries, to see where 'aliens' began, which was about 60 years ago, mainly. A few stories were before that, but it really ramped up about 50-60 years ago,

It's a modern myth, planned and executed very, very slow, and deliberate. Brutally effective, sadly.

Don't buy this BS, it's all a ruse.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I had a close encounter experience back in the early 80's and been studying UFOs for 20+ years and Here's where I'm currently at with the UAP subject ...

Yes most evidence is just noise but anyone implying there's no real ufos,
doesn't know what they're talking about.

Just saying

edit on 10-7-2021 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: easynow

And the significance to this insight to the question of NASA and its alleged 'UFO secrets' is what, exactly? A few of those dancing ice flakes MIGHT be camouflaged Vogon cruisers?

How does this theory have any impact in the real world?

Reminder -- NASA is =ALWAYS= leaning forward looking for unexplained indicators associated with spaceflight because it has been reminded that overlooking such clues can kill people.

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 10-7-2021 by JimOberg because: fix url

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Where is NASA's unidentified objects pie chart that reflects the real world ?

Why is NASA immune from the UAP phenomena ?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
When I was much younger, I attended a Vo-tech for an Electronics booster that saved me money going to an Electical Institute.

Our instructor, now dead, worked at NASA during the moon landings.

One day, someone asked him if he saw any UFO's.

He snorted. "UFO's? How about fleets of them that we had to painstakingly remove!!" "They scared the hell out of every crew that went up, but up they went anyway!!"

Fred..

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

Great story. Sounds like he got the reaction that amused him.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join