It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is studying UFOs again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
According to the discussion in this video, NASA is now investigating UFOs again.

@1:20 "They're looking into it"

NASA Administrator Bill Nelson on CNN about recent UFO Sightings
Link - www.youtube.com...

Aren't UFO objects a launch and flight safety risk ?

If so, how is it possible they actually stopped investigating the UAP phenomena ?

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Funding cuts, internal turmoil, resource allocations for missions.
Despite the general public assuming NASA should or is the best equipt to look into what's going on, doesn't mean that that agency is. It's long been said the CIA is the repository of this information both because of deep pockets and the inability of the general public to gain access to the information.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: easynow
According to the discussion in this video, NASA is now investigating UFOs again.

If so, how is it possible they actually stopped investigating the UAP phenomena ?

NASA never started investigating the UAP phenomenon during the 35 years I worked there. The last time NASA was asked to look into it was in the 1970s under the Carter administration, and NASA said “no”. The fact that it is now the head of NASA saying he wants to look into it is what’s new.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: easynow

Great. They've tasked Kenneth Copeland with NASA.

I want to believe!

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
NASA is up against a wall now......I’m betting they’ll cave in. There’s too many decades in which NASA has had unofficial reports by their own employees since the earliest space programs.

Perhaps Mr. J.O. Skeptic ...will be eating crow after all

NASA employees should stop holding back and start leaking or outright come out of the NASA closet. That includes the retired ones.

NASA brothers and sisters....it’s time to come into the fold...it’s OK.
edit on 5-6-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

If I didn't know better, I would've thought that I was just watching a parody, like maybe a clip from a brand new Naked Gun movie. lol

My opinion is based on nothing other than this video. I've never seen him before, but his facial expressions make me think he is entirely full of crap.

And no, of course they've never stopped investigating UFO's. It's just that they now feel obligated to publicly announce that they are investigating them, because of the release of the Navy's videos/comments.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
A bit late to the party?

They have been denying everything for decades and suddenly they are going to start investigating?

LMAO

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Absolutely

They haven't. They just lie and say they did.

Also they know some of them are not man made. They lie and say "we don't know if they are man made or not". If they had even a tiny bit of inclination that these UAP's might be man made you can bet your ass that they would be all over themselves trying to stop them from invading our airspace. But they know they are extraterrestrials and that they cannot possibly even hope to be able to stop the UAP's from doing whatever they want. Because they have tried and failed on numerous occasions.

This is why they just mostly observe the UAP's and take notes. We know just as much as the government does. The government just has more data....that they won't tell us. The government doesn't want to look inept and incapable of protecting its nation and its people so they are reluctant to admit that they in fact cannot...against the UAP's.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjocksteffe
A bit late to the party?

They have been denying everything for decades and suddenly they are going to start investigating?

LMAO

Hilarious isn't it? What a bunch of assholes.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
That fool personified ‘Never A Straight Answer’ to a tee.

Why even agree to an interview with that donut?

Same BS, different day.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Everybody is all full of #.

“Want me to call you if we find out?”

What an asshole. Smug asshole
edit on 5-6-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Bbqbrains

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

NASA never started investigating the UAP phenomenon during the 35 years I worked there. The last time NASA was asked to look into it was in the 1970s under the Carter administration, and NASA said “no”. The fact that it is now the head of NASA saying he wants to look into it is what’s new.

Thanks for your reply but NASA did investigate some UFO cases back in the 70's ,

so your statement isn't entirely true.

Also later on as needed ... apparently

UFO No Longer Unidentified

A group headed by Gregory Byrne of Johnson Space Center's Image Science and Analysis Group completed a report on its investigation earlier this year.

Link - www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Nice catch mate - posted it on another thread but there is a NASA Information Sheet below selling the line that no government agency has engaged in UFO research since 1969.

Also some contradictory documents found in this book.

PDF File

There's also this interesting letter from Colonel Senn to Lieutenant General Crow of NASA regarding (the prevention of reopening) international UFO investigations,

September 1st, 1977:

link

Two very good questions for Bill Nelson.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct What makes you think that all they do is observe?

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I guess it's a good thing but people are gonna be frustrated that NASA haven't really opened their eyes until now.
C'mon Man!

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Remember what Garry McKinnon claimed he found on a NASA Computer ?

According to his own telling, Gary had found a folder on a Johnson Space Center computer titled “unfiltered”. Contained within was a thumbnail of a strange satellite image, depicting what looked to be some kind of spacecraft. It was cigar-shaped, with a clear dome on top. Alien or government-made, this had to be a UFO

malicious.life...

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Where are the truth seekers like those in our past?

Julian Assange
Garry McKinnon
Edward Snowden
Anonymous
Etc...

Any materials related to UFO’s to be dumped in mass?

Remember those times?

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Cough cough ʻOumuamua

Our solar system has to be swimming with UFOs. Earth is definitely high on the list to visit!! TBTB want to cover it up because all the visitors come in peace and that is a threat to TBTB.

The Nazca Lines are 2000 years old and there is a Grey Alien aka the Astronaut Man drawn on the side of a mountain!!

This is getting stupid...

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
NASA is up against a wall now......I’m betting they’ll cave in. There’s too many decades in which NASA has had unofficial reports by their own employees since the earliest space programs.

Perhaps Mr. J.O. Skeptic ...will be eating crow after all

NASA employees should stop holding back and start leaking or outright come out of the NASA closet. That includes the retired ones.

NASA brothers and sisters....it’s time to come into the fold...it’s OK.

Always open to new reliable evidence. Who are these NASA workers with credible reports of UFO secrets? Not Donna Hare and Ken Johnston again, I hope.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Close. Things that might be reported as UFOs can really be flight risks.

In Mission Control we were ALWAYS looking for unexpected stuff outside, for good reason – sometime it has been a clue to lethal threats, and at least one visible warning had been overlooked and a crew had died as a result. . Anything unidentifiable that cannot be determined to be non-hazardous is an alarm requiring immediate team attention. Such sightings are not hushed up or shunted to a secret underground facility for out-of-sight analysis, they are focused on. It’s a matter of life and death. So the notion that anybody in space or in Mission Control would close their eyes to any 'unknown' is preposterous -- and insulting.

06/12/2008 - MSNBC.com: Why NASA watches out for true UFOs
web.archive.org...:/www.nbcnews.com/id/25147760/

my 1993 paper for NASA …
web.archive.org...://www.jamesoberg.com/9307xx-sc-generated-debris.PDF

This is the same pattern as the crew carefully describing anything seen outside their vehicle, as potential in indicators of vehicle damage or leakage, and when Apollo missions began there were so many reports of insulation fragments, ice flakes from fuel and water spills, and debris from pyrotechnic jettisons, that engineers humorously named them 'moon pigeons' in a report on how to analyze them, published in 1970.

web.archive.org...://www.jamesoberg.com/moonpigeons.html

edit on 5-6-2021 by JimOberg because: fix links AGAIN!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join