It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FDA is trying to ban the nutritional supplement NAC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Your US Food and Drug Administration is a corrupt authority well known as such in much of the world.

Well said for the most part, just a few corrections/clarifications I would proffer...

Basically this is what happens when you let crime syndicates calling themselves corporations take control of your nation and sadly it is the inevitable out come of un-regulated capitalism, you have to regulate it to keep the well being of your people ABOVE the well being of the elite...

While I agree, this requires important clarification...

There is much confusion and misinformation (intentional by tptb I believe) about the meaning of the term 'regulation', especially in a Constitutional context (the only context that matters).

Constitutionally, 'regulation' absolutely does not mean 'micro-manage' or 'establish and maintain iron-fisted control over' something. It quite simply means 'to make regular', or in other words, 'to make work as efficiently and effectively as possible for the good of the general population, as opposed to for the good of any one person or entity'.

Today most of your taxes are paid by the Employee's, most people are employed by Corporations and the Corporations pay far less tax and even have the government in there pocket.

This is a very common misconception pushed and supported by tptb as a means to obfuscate and divide everyone.

Please, understand this...

Corporations (legal fictions) do not pay taxes. Ever.

Only individuals/people pay taxes. Ever.

Corporations are allowed by law to write off any and all expenses/costs of doing business, including any taxes they may be subject to.

This means they simply build this cost into the cost of their goods/services, thereby quietly and invisibly to most, passing on the taxes that are imposed to the consumer/purchaser of their goods/services.

If individuals were allowed to do the same, they would be able to write off pretty much any and all expenses they incur by simply maintaining their lives - food, clothing, cars/gas, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc etc ad nauseum.

If you want to claim there is some kind of disparity or unfairness with regard to 'corporate taxation', then you should be focusing on the taxes - and more importantly, the loopholes - applicable to all corporate officers/board members.

There should be a corporate tax rate of ZERO - but no special exemptions for corporate officers or board members (ie, like exemptions for alternate methods of compensation like stock options, etc).

One way to do this would be a simple Constitutional amendment that forbids any and all exemptions or allowances for any individual or group, whether governmental or private sector. Yes, this simple thing would even mean (as long as it was worded correctly) no special Healthcare for Congress, no special exemptions for Congresscritters with regard to insider trading laws, tax laws, etc.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is insane! I’ve been taking this daily for years and years! So this is why I never got the flu and despite being exposed directly by people infected with Covid repeatedly I never caught it with no vaccine?!?! I never even heard of this being used for that until I read the article in the OP. So now they must ban it🤔. Unreal. it’s still on Walmart I bought a few bottles of 250 but really I don’t think the shelf life is too good on nac so there goes the most wonderous supplement out there and damn us users who notice a drastic improvement in health to a life of not having it. It’s something every damn day that’s being taken away. What’s next, oxygen?

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

A superior answer and I accept your correction absolutely, your knowledge is far more in depth than mine on the matter.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
N-acetylcysteine is a nutritional supplement that does wonders for some people.

Excellent post, except, I'd say it does wonders for everyone, not just some people.

Here is a decent article on finding a good quality version with the necessary co-factors.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

a reply to: BlueJacket

I used and continue using it to miraculous effect on my lungs

That's what I use it for. I had pneumonia a few years ago. NAC works great.

Thank you for sharing this info, I have been struggling to find my mother some relief with her lung issues. Not so much mucus, but a slow scarring of her lung tissue and an inability to breath in deeply.

Just bought some of NAC!

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
ust biochemistry the morons, get a glutathione supplement instead or cysteine with additional amino acid building block protein supplements. Then you’ll still have a surplus of the same product to benefit whatever it is you are treating with NAC.

Sorry, but most glutathione supplements are a waste of money, and even the one proven bio-available form doesn't provide all of the benefits of NAC.

No, we should fight this garbage, not roll-over and try to work around it.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

N-acetylcysteine is a nutritional supplement that does wonders for some people.

Excellent post, except, I'd say it does wonders for everyone, not just some people.

Here is a decent article on finding a good quality version with the necessary co-factors.

Thanks for the link. I meant that NAC has been literally life-changing for some people. Since everyone is genetically different, a supplement may not have much of an effect on me, while it has a profound effect on you.
That's also why we need to experiment with dosages, frequency of administration, etc....

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The only other problem I can think of is with the hangover supplements and long term liver issues causing an issue with hepatotoxicity with long term drinking, use of OTC painkillers, and causing a rebound effect because the liver has aberrant function as it’s trying to overcome the toxic environment. So in this unique case, it has a toxic effect rather than beneficial because of downstream issues.

Maybe they only want it removed from hangover supplements, pretty sure we will still be able to get the stuff in bulk or pure supplements with the non FDA approved verbiage. Many times with the FDA it’s a few idiots causing problems die the rest of us because they abuse a supplement and it’s the supplement makers fault not the person.
edit on 23-5-2021 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

If it's so good shouldn't it be a shoe-in to get FDA approval?

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

ust biochemistry the morons, get a glutathione supplement instead or cysteine with additional amino acid building block protein supplements. Then you’ll still have a surplus of the same product to benefit whatever it is you are treating with NAC.

Sorry, but most glutathione supplements are a waste of money, and even the one proven bio-available form doesn't provide all of the benefits of NAC.

Most glutathione supplements is NAC, some just label the name "Glutathione + Etc..." because it uses NAC's to increase the production of glutathione.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I read an article that soon it will only be available by prescriptions, it's interesting after decades of use they are forcing it to be pulled out of the basic supplement supply chain, and why now ?

The Canadian version of Amazon(.ca) has lots for sale still.
Seems like the FDA ban won't stop them from selling it.
edit on 24-5-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

That is a very effective supplement. Small wonder that an organization like the FDA and big pharma want it banned. Thank you for the thread and for reminding me of this excellent substance, Opie. I haven't had any in the quiver for a long time and I will be acquiring some from a reputable supplier after work today.

Here is what WebMD has to say about NAC:

"N-acetyl cysteine comes from the amino acid L-cysteine. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. N-acetyl cysteine has many uses as medicine.

N-acetyl cysteine is most commonly used by mouth for cough and other lung conditions. It is also used for flu, dry eye, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support many of these uses.

Healthcare providers give N-acetyl cysteine by IV for conditions such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) overdose. It is also given by IV to reduce nitrate tolerance.

How does it work ?
N-acetyl cysteine treats acetaminophen (Tylenol) poisoning by binding the poisonous forms of acetaminophen that are formed in the liver. It is also an antioxidant, so it may play a role in preventing cancer."

In one sentence it is stated to have many uses as medicine and in the next paragraph it is stated that there is no good "scientific evidence" to support many of these uses. I hear terms like "scientific evidence" and I find myself doubting that the scientific method and socratic method was actually followed. So much of science is just confirmation bias and the protecting of paradigms by powerful interests. If recent events have taught us anything it is that facts and data will be omitted, ignored, or outright falsified by powerful special interest groups to advance an agenda.

Thanks again Opie. Good to see threads like these on ATS.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
As a prescription drug sold as Mucomyst.

So big pharma will still have it and make money off of it.
edit on 24-5-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

NAC also works wonders as a hangover treatment.
Take one before you start drinking and take another before you go to bed.
When I know I am going to have 6-8 beers and 3-4 sipping shots of Crown Royal Black, like I will tonight, NAC has cut my feeling like crap the next day in half.

This is my favorite post you’ve ever made on this forum. Thanks!

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Seems like the FDA is trying to protect big pharma and their intellectual property rights. No shock there.

To me that is shameful that THIS is how they want to go about it. I'm pretty sure NAC is found naturally in some foods, is it not?

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The only other problem I can think of is with the hangover supplements and long term liver issues causing an issue with hepatotoxicity with long term drinking, use of OTC painkillers, and causing a rebound effect because the liver has aberrant function as it’s trying to overcome the toxic environment. So in this unique case, it has a toxic effect rather than beneficial because of downstream issues.

Excellent point and very true.

Maybe they only want it removed from hangover supplements, pretty sure we will still be able to get the stuff in bulk or pure supplements with the non FDA approved verbiage. Many times with the FDA it’s a few idiots causing problems die the rest of us because they abuse a supplement and it’s the supplement makers fault not the person.

Yep, after the L-Tryptophan ban, I was still buying it in bulk for my depressed cats and dogs. You can almost always get the same quality supplements for animals and much cheaper too... although for some, it is not a good idea. I wouldn't touch AniMed MSM (made in China), I only buy OptiMSM (made in the USA).

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I meant that NAC has been literally life-changing for some people. Since everyone is genetically different, a supplement may not have much of an effect on me, while it has a profound effect on you.

Very true...

That's also why we need to experiment with dosages, frequency of administration, etc....

Yes again...

And quite often, mega-dosing can mean the difference between life and death (e.g. high dose IV vitamin C to treat all manner of life threatening acute and chronic diseases), or quality-of-life (e.g. high dose Niacin to treat all kinds of mental disorders like (but not limited to) schizophrenia, bi-polar, and depression).

That said, mega-dosing some things can also be life threatening, so you must always do your homework.

I highly recommend Dr. Andrew Saul (PhD not M.D.) as your GoTo authority for any and all things regarding supplements. He's been studying the use of vitamins for optimal health for 3+ decades. It isn't the prettiest or easily searchable website, but it is extremely informative, and the information is extremely well vetted and reliable.

His other website (orthomolecular.org) is also excellent and all of the articles are truly peer-reviewed, unlike much of the junk 'science' in the mainstream medical publications.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
Most glutathione supplements is NAC, some just label the name "Glutathione + Etc..." because it uses NAC's to increase the production of glutathione.

Then they are mislabeled. I doubt 'most' of them are mislabeled.

A quick perusal of 'glutathione supplements' sold on Amazon doesn't reveal any of them to really be NAC.

NAC is a pre-cursor - which is why it is better as it does much more than just boost natural glutathione levels.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'm a fan of Dr. Saul. He proved many years ago that when a person is sick, their need for vitamin C increases tremendously.
His writings turned me on to the concept of 'maintenance doses', 'therapeutic doses', and 'mega-doses'.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My hair dresser just gave me some of these after I asked her what was good for opening bile ducts in the liver. 1 pill a day for a week did the trick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join