It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California man dies after police pin him to ground for five minutes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Most states, drinking and open containers in public is a crime.

Guess you didn't watch the video, brohan, he wasn't drinking in public. It's always a good idea to educate yourself about a topic before speaking.

ETA: Kevin called the cops because, "He's not doing anything wrong. He's scaring my wife."

edit on 29-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: I'm a Q-Cumber posting from the future

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
I wondered about that too. How does a “stolen liquor bottle” differ in appearance from a non-stolen liquor bottle?

Kevin would know, he's the one who called it in. It's just so pointless, people need to mind their own business.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I also wondered about why they were pressing him for ID. Cops seem to be doing this more and more these days. I’m not aware that one has to have an ID to be able to be out in public.

You do not. The Supreme Court has ruled that you only need to verbally identify yourself if asked. This whole encounter has 'civil suit' written all over it for both the cops and the Kevin.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: Trueman
One day they'll start using tranquilizer darts to avoid all that mess.

If they can get the dose right, it might be more compassionate than what we’re seeing now, as long as they don’t shoot people off their balconies…..

Camomile and a boring conversation might work too.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I wondered about that too. How does a “stolen liquor bottle” differ in appearance from a non-stolen liquor bottle?

Kevin would know, he's the one who called it in. It's just so pointless, people need to mind their own business.

This is what severely annoys me about our society. When people should mind their own business, they're all about being in someone elses. Then when the time comes they should get involved...crickets.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
This is what severely annoys me about our society. When people should mind their own business, they're all about being in someone elses. Then when the time comes they should get involved...crickets.

Well, she was was scared about the man talking to himself on public property so it was totally justified. Moving forward cops should be able to kill anyone who frightens us and I'm starting with Kevin and his wife since they frighten me with their busybody behavior.

edit on 29-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Curious why they are asking him for ID when he's on public property and hasn't been suspected of committing a crime.

Oh, right, he had 'stolen' bottles.

A member of the public called him in for acting erratically. He was walking around talking to himself and acting as if he were high.

The called said that he'd possibly been tweaking.

The police initially though that this was a mental health call out.

Body camera footage shows one of the Cops making sure that the other cop didn't put pressure on the guy's neck or torso. This was actually discussed during the stop.

The Cops also tried to give CPR as soon as they realized there was a problem.

The guy wasn't being crushed, he was simply laid on his front.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

So you agreed that sending an innocent police officer to prison because someone died of an overdose was justice? Oof.

Anyway, no riots for this guy. He's white, so who cares. Right?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
A member of the public called him in for acting erratically. He was walking around talking to himself and acting as if he were high.

And? Is that a f***ing crime and I missed it?

Kevin needed to mind his own business.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Stolen liquor bottles? LOL

The guy had two wagons with glass bottles. He was, no doubt, collecting bottles, probably from trash containers, to recycle for cash, like many people do. Shoot, every trash day, early in the morning, people with wagons, bicycle trailers and shopping carts come along in my neighborhood and search trash containers on the streets for recyclables to make some cash.

The guy seemed "slow" and confused. He said "something happened". I'm guessing that "something" was the neighbor, who called the police, yelled at him and caused some of his confusion. Regardless of whether or not he was under the influence of alcohol, he seemed about as dangerous as "Otis" from Mayberry.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

Anyway, no riots for this guy. He's white, so who cares. Right?

He wasn't white, but you're still correct, because he wasn't black either.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
And he wasn't "made" dead.

Nah, he died of natural causes.

Maybe, we'd have to find out if he was recently vaccinated to be sure.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Most states, drinking and open containers in public is a crime.

Guess you didn't watch the video, brohan, he wasn't drinking in public. It's always a good idea to educate yourself about a topic before speaking.

ETA: Kevin called the cops because, "He's not doing anything wrong. He's scaring my wife."

Having an open bottle is a pretty good indicator that it wasn't being used for hand sanitizer.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Have the Hispanic civil-rights leaders taken to the microphones with their demands yet?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
Having an open bottle is a pretty good indicator that it wasn't being used for hand sanitizer.

Having an open bottle in a basket with a bunch of other open bottles tells me he was going for recyclables.

Guess you didn't watch the video either. It's okay, that's the typical ill-informed commentary I expect with scenarios like this.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

basket with a bunch of other open bottles tells me he was going for recyclables

Apparently they weren't in the proper receptacle

edit on 29-4-2021 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Having an open bottle in a basket with a bunch of other open bottles tells me he was going for recyclables.

Guess you didn't watch the video either. It's okay, that's the typical ill-informed commentary I expect with scenarios like this.

Are we talking open canistors, open bottles, open bottles of alcohol or what. Do you know? Did the cops know, when called? good idea, I'll just keep my empties with me, in a troly so as I drink them, I can say "Shorry offisher, theshe are collected bottlesh of empty alcohol." and not expect to be asked questions.

To me, an open bottle/canister is what is called, having an open bottle of alcohol.

I did watch the video you ignoramus. And he was clearly intoxicated. Hands in pocket, not cooperating and resisting.

Seems to be the status quo these past few years.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

good idea, I'll just keep my empties with me, in a troly so as I drink them, I can say "Shorry offisher, theshe are collected bottlesh of empty alcohol." and not expect to be asked questions.

Spoken like a true statist apologist. If someone's walking around with a couple baskets of empty bottles I'm not giving them any concern, unlike the buffoons who think this is a police matter.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Not sure if you've never seen the caps they put one liquor bottles to keep people from drinking them in the store but one of this bottles clearly has one still on. Its like being caught with the theft devices on clothing. It sure makes it looks like you stole them. The may not have but its hard to miss unlike those ink ones they use for clothes. Pretty sure that's why they thought it was stolen.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

People should also not resist arrest...I hear its bad for your health...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join