It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California man dies after police pin him to ground for five minutes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well...it happened again but this time only five minutes until victim dies....

Get ready for another trial.... this time in California.

At this pace USA should see a race war within a year if not sooner.
www.theguardian.com...

Police in California on Tuesday released body-cam footage showing officers pinning a man to the ground for more than five minutes during a fatal arrest that his family said should result in murder charges.

Mario Gonzalez, a 26-year-old father and east Oakland resident, stopped breathing after an 19 April encounter with police at a park in the city of Alameda, in the San Francisco Bay Area.

An initial police statement said Gonzalez had a “medical emergency” during an altercation with police after officers tried to arrest him, but his family says he was killed by police who used excessive force.

[...]

Was this police brutality, manslaughter or were the police officers just doing their job?

edit on 29-4-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others
edit on Thu Apr 29 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: ADDED SOURCE, TRIMMED MASSIVE QUOTE

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Only black lives matter so don't expect any major response over this. I agreed with the George Floyd case but we need accountability across the board with all cops and all races, not only blacks. If the media blasted every one of the wrongful killings by cops regardless of race, there would be so many more it would be shocking. People would realize just how often it actually happens in this country and change would happen sooner and there would be much less racial division.

This case seems to be very similar to Floyd's but we need to wait on the autopsy.

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   
A second caller spotted him in a park and said he had alcohol bottles that appeared possibly stolen

How can something appear stolen? Did the beers have exploding dye or something?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
People should be outraged with any of the wrongful killings I agree. However, how can you blame black people for other people not bringing attention to the other situations? It's not BLM's fault that other people aren't protesting people not getting due process and being killed instead.

The only outrage I have seen around here is for Ashli Babbitt. No one is stopping anyone from bringing attention to many other people. The more you bring focus to it, the more attention it gets.

If you believe this type of policing is wrong, take a stand against it, otherwise don't complain that only one group gets attention. They noticed it within their communities and there is a very long history of all types of abuse by people in positions of authority against them, so it's an important issue to them personally.

I know reason usually gets ignored here in favor of extremism but just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Huge difference between this one and George Floyd.

For one, nobody has their knee on his neck. He was pinned down with a knee on his shoulder.

The biggest difference is that when he went unresponsive, they tried really hard to resuscitate him. Chauvin kept kneeling, with a smug look and his hands in his pockets.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Curious why they are asking him for ID when he's on public property and hasn't been suspected of committing a crime.

Oh, right, he had 'stolen' bottles.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   

You forgot to add the link.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
We've been through this enough times that I know it will be at least two weeks before the rest of the story comes out, but by then the media will have the public chanting "no more cops" so the rest of the story won't matter at all.

Without real information, I give this a 50/50 on if the cop was in the wrong here, but within hours the media already told everyone all they wanted to hear.
This officers career is over. If he has a family, they're probably going to wind up homeless now. Maybe in ten years one of his kids will be stealing booze and sleeping in parks.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

The officers pulled Bottom's arms behind her back while she shrieked in pain as sirens blared in the background, according to the footage. The force applied by the officers caused Bottom's "shoulder to 'pop,' tearing her rotator cuff and causing severe injury," according to the lawsuit.

There was another incident of a 73 year old senile white woman whose shoulder was also dislocated badly.

The cops are out of control, and they have zero compassion or empathy. There’s been so many incidents that seem like its escalating.

I don’t have a link handy, but there was something put out the other day on the news, that they’ve killed over a dozen people under the age of 18, I think one of them was around 11 or so.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Curious why they are asking him for ID when he's on public property and hasn't been suspected of committing a crime.

Oh, right, he had 'stolen' bottles.

Unfortunately we've had some politicians pass some stupid laws into affect.

Guarantee all the cops on that force know them.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'm still a bit split on this one after first hearing about it a few days ago. The officers clearly tried to do everything they could to resuscitate him once they realized something was wrong. At the same time though, at least once of the other officers thought to much pressure was being applied.

I think we can all agree that one of the villains in this whole tragedy is the busybody neighbor who felt the cops needed to be called on someone standing in a public park because they didn't have a mask on.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
There was another incident of a 73 year old senile white woman whose shoulder was also dislocated badly.

The cops are out of control, and they have zero compassion or empathy. There’s been so many incidents that seem like its escalating.

Then they laughed about it. Scumbags.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I think we can all agree that one of the villains in this whole tragedy is the busybody neighbor who felt the cops needed to be called on someone standing in a public park because they didn't have a mask on.

Yeah, another Kevin who has too much time on his hands. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets named in a civil suit.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Unfortunately we've had some politicians pass some stupid laws into affect.

It's really no excuse. This guy wasn't doing anything illegal and they should have just let him be.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
One day they'll start using tranquilizer darts to avoid all that mess.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Yay! Another winner of the golden coffin lottery!

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's some seriously cynical s***, bro. You watch the video? What did he do that warranted being made dead?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: Alien Abduct
People should be outraged with any of the wrongful killings I agree. However, how can you blame black people for other people not bringing attention to the other situations? It's not BLM's fault that other people aren't protesting people not getting due process and being killed instead.

The only outrage I have seen around here is for Ashli Babbitt. No one is stopping anyone from bringing attention to many other people. The more you bring focus to it, the more attention it gets.

If you believe this type of policing is wrong, take a stand against it, otherwise don't complain that only one group gets attention. They noticed it within their communities and there is a very long history of all types of abuse by people in positions of authority against them, so it's an important issue to them personally.

I know reason usually gets ignored here in favor of extremism but just my opinion.

I think you totally missed my points bud. When I said "only black lives matter so don't expect a major response". I meant the media is the ones that like to portray this and don't expect a major response from the mainstream media, because it doesn't fit their narrative.

I don't see where I blamed black people for anything but you are welcome to quote it for me thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
One day they'll start using tranquilizer darts to avoid all that mess.

If they can get the dose right, it might be more compassionate than what we’re seeing now, as long as they don’t shoot people off their balconies…..

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join