It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Developers Requested To Ensure No Big Cat In Proposed Drive-Thru Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   

“An extremely large cat, the size of a dog, jumped over a fence at the back of McDonald’s car park into the wooded area.”

“I’m sure my partner & I cant be the only ones who saw this.”

Plans were recently submitted to Wrexham Council to construct a drive-thru coffee shop on the wooded land adjacent to McDonald’s car park, where the animal was seen.

Puma Watch has now made a representation as part of the planning process requesting the developers ensure the proposed site and surrounding woodlands is not home to a big cat.
www.bordercountiesadvertizer.co.uk...

The woodland in question is so dense there is no practical way to ensure a big cat is not regularly sleeping there. Proof would be a slightly flattened area and perhaps a few hairs. blog.nationalgeographic.org...

This is an interesting development in the British Big Cat narrative. Will forestry and farming be suspended when big cats are seen? Will footpaths be closed during the breeding season? What legal protection is there for animals that defy easy classification?

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

“An extremely large cat, the size of a dog, jumped over a fence at the back of McDonald’s car park into the wooded area.”

“I’m sure my partner & I cant be the only ones who saw this.”

Plans were recently submitted to Wrexham Council to construct a drive-thru coffee shop on the wooded land adjacent to McDonald’s car park, where the animal was seen.

Puma Watch has now made a representation as part of the planning process requesting the developers ensure the proposed site and surrounding woodlands is not home to a big cat.
www.bordercountiesadvertizer.co.uk...

The woodland in question is so dense there is no practical way to ensure a big cat is not regularly sleeping there. Proof would be a slightly flattened area and perhaps a few hairs. blog.nationalgeographic.org...

This is an interesting development in the British Big Cat narrative. Will forestry and farming be suspended when big cats are seen? Will footpaths be closed during the breeding season? What legal protection is there for animals that defy easy classification?

These are non native animals. Most likely exotic pets that were released or escaped.

Their legal protection is essential that you can't hunt or deliberately kill them. If provided to exist they are removed and put in an animal sanctuary or zoo.

Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Big cat?
Get big spray bottle.

Simple as.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester
Great to see my local town in the news for something other than bomb scares or drugs for a change.

I think I mentioned in one of your previous threads that there are quite a few sightings in North Wales-It seems like they are able to thrive(or at least survive)in the area-not surprising as its quite rural and there is plenty of food in the shape of farm animals and others.

I seriously doubt the planners will find any evidence though.

TBF I would much rather we kept what is left of our ever dwindling woodland and whatever animals may be hiding there than build another GD Macdonalds.
In fact if I was boss of Wales I would demolish all Macdonalds and replace them all with mini nature reserves.
Better for wildlife,the environment and the health of kids.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

"I seriously doubt the planners will find any evidence though."

The government won't allow it to be acknowledged that these things are real because it would mean admitting that they were wrong in the past.

They will simply say that any evidence is fake or misunderstood.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Why is it the developers job?

Tell the local shire council to get off their collective backsides and send in the Dog and Cat management people or whatever nonsense title they have these days.

P

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
I would have thought it should be DEFRA's job,but there again maybe they have tried to find evidence in past cases.
Hard to know as they seem to be a very secretive government department.
I have heard tales from farmers who have had DEFRA come to investigate cattle mutilations,then flat out deny they investigated when the farmer called them back weeks later..He was there when they were investigating,in his fields-and couldn't figure out why they were being so cagey and denying they had been to his farm.
Always thought that was strange.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There are several big cats pooping in my flowerbed. Owners were warned. Now said poop gets scooped up and left on the doorstep.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
What did you expect the owners to do after you warned them?

Or was the warning simply 'I will be putting the poop on your doorstep'?

edit on 25-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

The government won't allow it to be acknowledged that these things are real because it would mean admitting that they were wrong in the past.

I was about to say I always thought the Britons were rather negative about even the possibility of a big cat in the UK. Not to mention are you really in dire need of a McDonald's?

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
They are more common that most people think.
Just around my area there have been many sightings over the years,and they are reported up and down Britain.

The general consensus is that they are the offspring of the many big cats which were set free into the "wild" of Britain after a law was introduced- the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976-which stopped people from keeping big cats at home.

I just found out from Wikipedia that there is also a fringe theory that the cats are native and survived through the last ice age and still live today...I find that very unlikley myself.

It also has a table of sightings from 2004/5 showing that the top 5 areas recorded over 100 sightings in each area over that 1 year alone.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

I was about to say I always thought the Britons were rather negative about even the possibility of a big cat in the UK. Not to mention are you really in dire need of a McDonald's?

The British government has had evidence of alien big cats for decades. They've found everything except for a live one. There have been official government studies into wildlife that put out cameras and captures pictures of them. Their existence is not in doubt.

It's not even as if they are paranormal in nature. They're simply exotic pets that are living wild now.

But the UK government denied that they existed because they didn't want to have to go through the expense and the hassle of dealing with them. They probably hoped that they'd simply die out.

They said that they didn't exist for so long that they now can't admit that they were A) wrong, and B) that they lied about. It's become policy now so they can't go back, and they still don't want to spend the money fixing things.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
I just found out from Wikipedia that there is also a fringe theory that the cats are native and survived through the last ice age and still live today...I find that very unlikley myself.

I'm not sure that Wikipedia counts as a reliable source. You might find that they are quoting something that they read on this forum on a coupe of pages.

I think that the consensus is that they simply can't be pre-ice age big cats because Britain's pre-ice age big cat population was very different. They were mostly Lynx type cats. Which means that they were wild cats, not big cats. There wasn't really anything there much larger than a fox.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
They are more common that most people think.
Just around my area there have been many sightings over the years,and they are reported up and down Britain.

The general consensus is that they are the offspring of the many big cats which were set free into the "wild" of Britain after a law was introduced- the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976-which stopped people from keeping big cats at home.

It also has a table of sightings from 2004/5 showing that the top 5 areas recorded over 100 sightings in each area over that 1 year alone.
en.wikipedia.org...

I just thought in the 70's and 80's Brits gave big cats a notice as much as the US did sasquatch? Not just the government, many of the public thought they didn't exist at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yes and yes. Dogs arent allowed to go running free. Its only arrogant cat owners that think its ok to let their vile creatures out to kill and poop at will.

Personally, I would shoot every cat I saw if allowed. They are Satan incarnate.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Big cat?
Get big spray bottle.

Simple as.

Use Cucumbers.

new topics

top topics

join