It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Masonry and the Pillars of Seth.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here is a strange and tragic tale, in the land of the Sutean nomads there stood two pillars of stone that still stand to this day, not erected they say but carved from the surrounding bedrock, some also say these are the feet of God that stood upon Mount Sinai because some also say this is that place, some say that they were created by Seth and/or his descendants others by Cain, an archaeologist perhaps would claim the Egyptians as they resemble the hieroglyph for sharp

The Red Edomites and the High Place

The Mountain of God

Now it is the case that the Sutean and the Sethian and the Egyptian Deity Seth all amount to the same thing, the ethnic group of the region that the Mesopotamians saw as Southerners, the literal definition of Sutean. and that translated into the Tutelary Deity sūtiẖ, the archaic basis of Seth, who thus represented the nature of the average Sutean whom the Mesopotamians and Egyptians thought somewhat suspect.

Sons of Seth and the South Wind

Not unsurprisingly the Suteans themselves didn't quite agree and developed the doctrine of the righteous seed of Seth, thus while the Mesopotamians conjectured upon great floods and fire from Heaven intended to destroy the Suteans and their Mountain, they themselves looked to the Pillars as a sign of survivability and continuity, as seen in early Masonic tradition.

Kindly knowing of that vengeance, that God would send, whether it should be by fire, or by water, the brethren had it not by a manner of a prophecy, they wist that God would send one there-of, and therefore they wrote their science[s] in the 2 pillars of stone, and some men say that they wrote in the stones all the 7 science[s], but as they [had] in their mind[s] that a vengeance should come

Cooke Manuscript.

The Sethian Gnostics even considered that Sodom and Gomorrah had been their intended demise but that they had survived despite one pillar becoming somewhat salty, the Mesopotamians would have agreed.

Then the great Seth came and brought his seed. And it was sown in the aeons which had been brought forth, their number being the amount of Sodom. Some say that Sodom is the place of pasture of the great Seth, which is Gomorrah. But others (say) that the great Seth took his plant out of Gomorrah and planted it in the second place, to which he gave the name 'Sodom'.

The Gospel of the Egyptians

In Sethian Gnosticism, which Free Masonry owes a great deal too, the concept of the Three Stele of Seth is with general regards to a Masculine/Feminine Father/Mother duality, and the resulting Son, this had stellar association in terms of the Arcturus/Spica/Regulus triad, and thus the son was understood as the Lion King in the iconography of the City beneath the Holy Mountain, Petra.

The Three Stele of Seth

This also provides the basis for the Three Degrees of Free Masonry, but whether they are ascending or descending who knows, originally this related to the actual stages of the Mountain.

The Three Steles of Seth clearly represents the same system as Allogenes; yet it is constructed as a triptych of presentations of praise and blessing to Autogenes, Barbelo, and the pre-existent One in connection with a communal practice of a three-stage ascent and descent. After an initial revelation and various blessings rendered by Seth who praises the bisexual Geradamas as Mirothea (his mother) and Mirotheos (his father), the rest of the treatise uses the first person plural for ascribing praise to the Triple Male, to Barbelo who arose from the Triple Powered One (characterized by being, living and knowing, and is also called Kalyptos and Protophanes), and to the pre-existent One who is characterized by the existence life mind triad. The whole concludes with a rubric that explains the use of the steles in the practice of descent from the third to the second to the first; likewise, the way of ascent is the way of descent.

Now an under-informed Free Mason might consider that the symbolism of their Pillars only relates to those of the Temple of Solomon, but the principle clearly translated from Edom to Israel, were strength represents the Masculine principle and Beauty the Feminine and that in terms of the establishment of Sethian Kingship through David and Solomon, with Saul as something of an apprentice, the three Kings of unified Israel, of course any interest in such Pillars is the desire for Sethian Theocratic Rule, but here's a problem, the original pillars were created by the Horites, and their Tutelary Deity was Horus.

According to the Pyramid Texts, the composite deity known as Sopdu-Horus was the child of the Pharaoh (as Sahu/Osiris) and Isis (as Sopdet). As a war god he was closely associated with the Pharaoh (and Horus, the Patron god of the kings) during the Middle Kingdom. His association with Horus also related to the fact that both were hawk gods, and Sopdu was given the epithet “sharp of teeth” with reference to the bird of prey and to the hieroglyph used in his name. By the New Kingdom he was known as Hor-Sopdu (or Har-Septu), and considered to be an aspect of Horus rather than an individual god.

The reason for the pillars then is very simple, they are the motif of the God that was the guardian of mining interests in the Sinai region, the Sah-Sopdet-Sopdu triad could also be seen as El-yah-Asherah-Ba'al in Semitic terms, but they were never the Pillars of Sethians, or the cargo cult that is Free Masonry.

edit on 16-3-2021 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

where is this explained in masonic ritual? And how long have you been a mason?

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
In the most basic degrees, not that i've ever been one.

IN THE FIRST DEGREE the initiate becomes acquainted with the name of the left hand pillar of King Solomon’s Temple and its import; in the second degree with that of the right hand pillar.

Early masonic initiation ceremonies were apparently linked with the pillars, very likely also to legitimise and to elevate the initiation to the highest possible level. There is evidence to show that both pillars were used for the first degree ceremony and it was only at a later stage that the ritual was split into the first and second degree so far as the two pillars are concerned.

What is perhaps the oldest masonic legend deals with a pair of pillars called antediluvian because they were built by Noah before the flood. After the death of Abel, slain by his brother Cain, another son was born to Adam and Eve called Seth. In contrast to the evil inclinations of Cain, Seth and his descendants, who included Enoch and Lamech, Ied virtuous lives. Amongst other things they are said to have developed the science of astronomy, the division of time into weeks, months, solar and lunar years, and to have evolved Hebrew characters.

Masonic Pillars

It could perhaps be considered that the Pillars on the Mountain of God are the actual secret knowledge/tradition.

The concept of preserving knowledge would later apply to the pillars of King Solomon's Temple. Regardless of which antediluvian (before the biblical flood) story is ascribed to, the original pillars were meant to safeguard the knowledge that had been accumulated prior to the destruction of the World. Just as knowledge is believed to have been stored in the pillars of King Solomon's Temple.

Pillars and Secrets.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

we are taught about the pillars in several ways, and they do show up on both first and second degrees, but I haven't heard of the Seth reference. But perhaps I'm an under-informed Free Mason. I'd love to hear from an actual mason about the validity of this. it's interesting, but only if it's factual to the teachings of the craft.

It does make the question a bit more cumbersome when the person telling members of their group how uninformed they are, when that person has no clue what the members of that group are actually taught.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Madrusa

or the cargo cult that is Free Masonry.

Shots fired!

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

In the most basic degrees, not that i've ever been one.

IN THE FIRST DEGREE the initiate becomes acquainted with the name of the left hand pillar of King Solomon’s Temple and its import; in the second degree with that of the right hand pillar.

Early masonic initiation ceremonies were apparently linked with the pillars, very likely also to legitimise and to elevate the initiation to the highest possible level. There is evidence to show that both pillars were used for the first degree ceremony and it was only at a later stage that the ritual was split into the first and second degree so far as the two pillars are concerned.

What is perhaps the oldest masonic legend deals with a pair of pillars called antediluvian because they were built by Noah before the flood. After the death of Abel, slain by his brother Cain, another son was born to Adam and Eve called Seth. In contrast to the evil inclinations of Cain, Seth and his descendants, who included Enoch and Lamech, Ied virtuous lives. Amongst other things they are said to have developed the science of astronomy, the division of time into weeks, months, solar and lunar years, and to have evolved Hebrew characters.

Masonic Pillars

It could perhaps be considered that the Pillars on the Mountain of God are the actual secret knowledge/tradition.

The concept of preserving knowledge would later apply to the pillars of King Solomon's Temple. Regardless of which antediluvian (before the biblical flood) story is ascribed to, the original pillars were meant to safeguard the knowledge that had been accumulated prior to the destruction of the World. Just as knowledge is believed to have been stored in the pillars of King Solomon's Temple.

Pillars and Secrets.

in the first degree, there is the degree, the charge, the lecture. Which part expresses the teachings about Seth? I admit to now knowing the lecture all the way through, but I have heard it more than a few times, and haven't heard of any reference to Seth. Not saying it's not there, just that I don't recall hearing it.

The second degree lecture goes into great detail of the pillars, but again, unless I'm uninformed, never mentions Seth.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I know what they're taught without ever having been one as an informed scholar, if you'd like to gauge the extent of that try this.

Jacobite Free Masonry.

We could even go on to discussing the actual God of Stone Masons from the region of Edom.

a reply to: 19Bones79
Yes this led to the rise of Amazon.

A cargo cult is a millenarian belief system in which adherents perform rituals which they believe will cause a more technologically advanced society to deliver goods.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Interesting to tell..."folks associated"... all about themselves.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm surprised this isn't a polyptych structure. Usually there's a third "panel" in the middle that completes the symbolism of such displays.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm not sure you do. We are taught things in a specific way so that we have a very basic knowledge of some important aspects of things and we are urged to study deeper into them. We have offshoots that do just that, and some masons have no desire to dig deeper.

But whey you introduce something as if it's taught in the ritual, yet you can't say where, how, or even why, it makes your assertions ring hollow. perhaps it's just the approach that is so distasteful.

I'm sure nobody would have any issues discussing this and learning more, but to be belittled by someone who has never been initiated, passed or raised on the topic of what Freemasons learn seems a tiny bit disingenuous. Unless that was the initial goal.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

We could even go on to discussing the actual God of Stone Masons from the region of Edom.

Stone masons were part of a guild of workers. Speculative masonry evolved from them, but other than their ability to keep the secrets of geometry from the common worker, I don't remember hearing how religious the brick layers and stone masons were. What God do you think stone workers worshiped and why?

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well if that comes from Masonry and I am not a mason so other than a religious disagreement with some of there beliefs which to be fair most of them don't believe it being more of a business club and excuse for a knees up away from there wives (for some of them that is an understandable situation but for others just a family tradition or something odd like that) then I have to be the barer of sad tidings for them since that is NOT the right mountain, actually if you want the real mount Sinai - and other than the rock split by Moses staff into two haves there is nothing even akin to those two pagan pillars there - well you have to look to Arabia specifically here.

Everything is still there, the Alter of the Golden Calf with the Apis bull's scratched into the stones of which it was built, the Choral and Sacrificial alter to the Lord etc.

Other mountains have claimed to be the site including Mt Har Karkoum but non of them had all the details though Har Karkoum did have a twelve pillared alter and foot print's scratched into stones so may have been one of the places the people of Israel visited in there 40 year wandering.

So sorry no that is not Sinai, of course if the Masons God is NOT the God of Israel despite there basing there lodge buildings on there interpretation of the Temple of Solomon and claiming probably extremely offensively to the lord to be the TRUE Hebrews in some cases, ah hmm maybe they need to read revelation a bit more closely for that one and as if calling Jesus Lucifer is not bad enough and then spending entire arguments to justify it not that I am Mason bashing here or anything, free world and people are free to follow there beliefs and conscience and one thing I have in common with many of them I seek truth if not the same truth or some cultists idea of the truth based on Gnostic ideals which were kicked out of the church for heresy and mixing pagan beliefs with Judeo/Christian beliefs claiming in error that they were the same thing back in the day, not that I condone the massacres which went against the Lords own teachings which I do not and never will.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I know.

Its the particular choice of insult that caught my fancy.

edit on 16-3-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I linked you to the paper on the origins of speculative Masonry through the Sepher Yetzirah, that the eye of illumination translates the schematic from the inner vision to the actual, that is the way you are taught, i also know the Egyptian origins of that school of thought.

The Pillars of Seth were considered in early Masonic tradition to provide the basis for the Pillars of Solomon, such as in the work of Du Bartas, even to the extent that the Mason himself could be considered a veritable Pillar of Seth.

Seth's pillars are no antique brick or stone;
But of the choicest modern flesh and bone.

The Loyal Scot

If i had been initiated into any of this then i wouldn't be able to openly discuss, and personally i find that distasteful and divisive, not to mention conducive to the blind leading the blind.

The God of Stone Masonry was the God on whose Mountain the Pillars stood, named after the entire Mountain range, Dhu Shara.

In four inscriptions, single individuals were put “in the eye of“ (qadam) Dushara

It is quite understandable that the stonemasons were seeking protection by their tutelary god in their very dangerous job.

Considering the strong relation of Dushara to the rock, the “Lord of the stonemasons” seems to be none other than Dushara.

The many faces of Dushara

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Are you sure Beauty is the feminine pole of strength?

Perhaps Mercy, is the appropriate notion.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
This is very silly, do you suppose that God supposedly appeared on a Mountain and they forgot were it was only for an American to rediscover it? The basis for the sacred Mountain story in Exodus relates to a pre-existing cult that continued long after even to this day, nothing was forgotten only obfuscated, the basis of Israel developed in Edom, sometimes people like to hide their origins and hate on those that remained

It was just a statement of fact, but the point was that they are not necessarily the elite they consider themselves to be, which would involve knowing what they were actually supposed to be doing.

a reply to: BlueJacket
I wouldn't choose either of their simplistic notions.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Scholarship is only one piece, the smallest piece in studying the mysteries.

No offense intended, but if you understood what you wrote about...you wouldn't of made such an elementary error.
edit on 16-3-2021 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Far more accurate than your own belief in Hiram Abiff the widows son and a blasphemy against Christ or your G.a.o.t.u character which is supposedly Lucifer in direct contradiction of the Word of God belief of Christendom.

And Yeshua is NOT Venus, NOT Lucifer.

Here is Christ on Lucifer.
The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in Your name.” 18So He told them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19Behold, I have given you authority to tread on snakes and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy. Nothing will harm you.

The OTHER Morning star is literally a star in Heaven not the planet and both are God's to give and are a symbol.
25But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. 26And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. 28And I will give him the morning star. 29He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

By comparison Masonry in some country's is actually more like a cult as you know complete with a mock execution and blasphemous mockery of the resurrection.

This thread is not about attacking your belief and I will not go into that but if you throw stones be prepared to have them cast back at you, especially when you live in a glass house.

And besides I have a great respect for many that also happen to BE mason's if not there actually order which is against my own religious belief's, I therefore admit that I have a bias against it for that reason it is against what I believe and I shall not whitewash that with a lie, I probably have many masons among my ancestors as well and dabbled with (real and misguided Gnostic based) Rosicrucianism as a younger man but have renounced anything to do with that cult since it was a personal affair and not a cult one.

edit on 16-3-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It was just a statement of fact, but the point was that they are not necessarily the elite they consider themselves to be, which would involve knowing what they were actually supposed to be doing.

Ah, there it is. You project that you think masons are thinking they are above you, and you take offence to the position you projected onto masonry. I don't like Barry Manalo either.

It's a shame you choose to come at the subject this way. Using vinegar to attract flies may not work.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join