It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shocks The World! Alex Jones Predicted COVID Lockdown in 2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Incidentally, I was introduced to Infowars through a friend and he told me that it won't be war that destroys the West, it will be a virus.

Circa 2004.

So many dismiss Alex Jones and in some cases, rightfully so but I think he's been pretty spot on with some of his foresight. His timeline was just a little off.

Considering this was roughly at the time (or after) of SARS and ebola, it hardly takes Nostradamus to predict it could happen again and be a pandemic not an epidemic.

Star Trek had digital currency in the 60's, does that mean they predicted bitcoin?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   
“He chiefly predicts the evil to come; what is good only figures in his pages incidentally, and at long intervals.” This comment comes from Charles A. Ward,* not a critic but a defender of Nostradamus. (*: Oracles of Nostradamus, page 36.) Sound familiar?

If the writings of this 16th-century French astrologer predict so much calamity, why have they attracted so much interest down to our day? Was he inspired of God? Or was it a case, as suggested by some, of ‘shooting so many arrows in every direction that he could not miss in everything’?

Of the alleged 946 predictions attributed to Nostradamus, only about 70 are considered to have had some kind of fulfillment. That works out to less than a 7-percent success rate. However, regarding the ‘successes,’ M’Clintock and Strong’s Cyclopædia comments that many are considered to be the “bold forgeries” of his interpreters, including the prediction of his own death. Others were “composed after the events to which they seem designed to refer.” Some are “strained” in their application and some are shown to have ‘fulfillments’ in a number of different events.

Nostradamus, like other prognosticators, was adept at using ambiguity or double meaning as his stock-in-trade. In Astrology and the Popular Press, Bernard Capp says: “Nostradamus was a master of dramatic ambiguity, which has kept his prophecies alive down to the present age.”

This aspect of his quatrains is also described by James Laver, who states in Nostradamus or the Future Foretold: “These four-line stanzas of crabbed [ill-formed] French verse, obeying neither prosody nor syntax, arranged in no intelligible order and bristling not only with words in half a dozen foreign languages but with initials, anagrams and made-up names​—how can there be a hope of finding any meaning in such a publication at all? And if there were, would it be worth the trouble?”

In the preface of his writings, Nostradamus admits to using “dark and abstruse sentences” so that he “would not offend the hearers.” He then makes a gloss of Jesus’ words at Matthew 11:25, “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes.” However, Jesus’ disciples in any age and in any language have understood his sayings. Nostradamus’ sayings conveniently remain obscure. As do many of the sayings of Alex Jones.

edit on 25-2-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: LSU2018

Maybe not the pandemic specifically but plenty of people have been warning about the threat of a fascist police state since the inception of ATS.

Huxley warned us in 1932, Orwell in 1949.

Oh for sure. The poster I was responding to was just trying to act like everyone saw coronavirus coming.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Remind me how many times America has been shut down for a virus?

Yeah, sure corona was an easy prediction. I guess that's why half the country freaked out and hid out in bunkers basements and houses, right? Lol...

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Takes Infowars seriously.

Good luck with that angry little specimen of a Man.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Remind me how many times America has been shut down for a virus?

Yeah, sure corona was an easy prediction. I guess that's why half the country freaked out and hid out in bunkers basements and houses, right? Lol...

Half of America are constantly freaked out. Look at the films with titles like Virus and Contagion, the books with similar titles and topics, all big sellers in the late 90's and early 2000's. You will quickly see it was a meme.

Ebola and SARS hit hardest in Africa and Asia respectively. Lots of the media were talking about what if the same thing happened in America/Europe.

So yes, a pandemic was an easy thing to speculate. Then again it would need a critical mind and the ability to hypothesise so it's not something that would trouble you.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Jones probably read the novel " Twenty Twenty " by Nigel Watts. Published in 1995 it predicts the year and the pandemic.

I just thought, this is insane. He's basically predicted what we're living through today. He set the book in 2020, he wrote it 25 years ago, and here we are basically experiencing what he wrote about. He wasn't a scientist, he was a novelist. And that's what's so bizarre: it's like, how did he know this?

The novel describes events eerily similar to those we're living through today: the virus that causes the pandemic is airborne, and the streets are empty. As movement of people is restricted, people are also prevented from travelling abroad. Key character Julia lives in Britain but is asked to go to a U.S. research facility, which is strange for her because so few people can travel, the cost of flying and hotels being hugely expensive.

The book imagines the pandemic being at its worst in the U.S., with cities such as New York hit particularly badly.

newseu.cgtn.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Well, this part didn't work out:

...Julia lives in Britain but is asked to go to a U.S. research facility, which is strange for her because so few people can travel, the cost of flying and hotels being hugely expensive.

I could fly to the UK and terrorize all of you for a third of the price I paid last time but the caveat is you'll make me stay locked up for 14 days if I do. So much for a trip to London this spring...

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I think the Spanish Flu aka 1918 influenza pandemic showed humanity what could happen given our ever growing capacity to mingle with one another and transport both Man and machine all over the globe in a matter of days or weeks.

Pandemics are nothing new for our species, COVID 19 was completely predictable imho.
edit on 25-2-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sooo that a video from 2010?
with stuff in it dated 2021?????????????

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I could fly to the UK and terrorize all of you for a third of the price I paid last time but the caveat is you'll make me stay locked up for 14 days if I do.

You will be fine. The US is not on the " Red List " so no need to be locked up when you arrive.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I read last week it was illegal to travel for leisure over there so I'm holding off rebooking my London/Edinburgh trip.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The aim of the government is for everything to be more or less back to normal by June 21st. Not long to wait. Hopefully.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The aim of the government is for everything to be more or less back to normal by June 21st. Not long to wait. Hopefully.

Hmmm, maybe summer then so I can win the Gaelic Games and enjoy more than 4 hours of sunlight.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

If It's Scotland mate, you might be hard pushed for those 4 hours of Sun light depending on the cloud cover.

June July or August is your best bet there.

Hope you have a great time all the same if you do decide to grace our shores.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I was supposed to be there last May. I've been to Londinium several times but it would have been my first trip to Scotland and I was looking forward to the subtitled conversations with the natives.

edit on 25-2-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Well if you manage to make Glasgow, gez a shout and ile stand you a pint.

That's if they are back on sale by then. LoL

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Where’s my pint? I’m in Glasgow at end of June.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Here mate, im here all year round. LoL

If your in Glasgow in June, your more than welcome.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Alex Jones has predicted every possible disaster imaginable at one time or another so getting one right is nothing special.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join