It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Dismisses Uighur Genocide As Being a "Different Norm"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Welp there it is the dumbest thing I have heard today, and I work at a base where finding a new levels of stupid is considered a challenge accepted moment daily.

Yeah, it is dumb, but it is also a logical outgrowth of cultural relativism.

If you really accept that you can't place objective value judgments on cultures vis a vis one another, and have to truly say that what a culture finds acceptable is right for that culture, then you have to say that what the Chinese are doing to the Uighers is just normal and acceptable for them and who are you to judge?

It's at this point that most sane people would start to question cultural relativism when they start thinking that they just sort of said, "Hey, I'm down with these concentration camps since the Chinese are," but clearly, we are not living in same times nor do we have a sane leader.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: vonclod
Yesterday, Trudeau got a bit squirmy when the word "genocide" was used, he too gave China a soft pass, the future Olympics being the topic. No f'ing way should they get them.

But it will be like when Hitler paraded his master race in front of the world in Berlin. China is busy playing fast and loose with CRISPR tech and trying to develop supermen. So it almost wouldn't surprise me to see history attempting to repeat.

I wonder if we will have a Jessie Owens then?

Why are we still entertaining having olympic games? I mean isn't the games a celebration of nationalism?

*heads explode*

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I keep picturing Xi Jinping laughing. But he's laughing along with our leaders.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Maybe they like the "Home Videos" that come out of Olympic Village every time the games play.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

*shrugs*

We all said this would happen.

I guess those that wanted Biden and who were against Trump desired this "different normal".
edit on 17-2-2021 by DBCowboy because: I drank all of Augustus's beer. . . come at me bro!

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: myselfaswell

We live in scary times. Our leaders work toward the Great Rest of destroying our nations to build up a global system of Communism. They are psychopaths, and the CCP had a hand in it.

More like a whole lab and national ideology

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dude, where else is LeBron gonna get his sneakers?

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Joe's team is probably taking notes - we all know that the left thinks a lot of us need 're-education".
edit on 2 17 2021 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Yesterday, Trudeau got a bit squirmy when the word "genocide" was used, he too gave China a soft pass, the future Olympics being the topic. No f'ing way should they get them.

But it will be like when Hitler paraded his master race in front of the world in Berlin. China is busy playing fast and loose with CRISPR tech and trying to develop supermen. So it almost wouldn't surprise me to see history attempting to repeat.

I wonder if we will have a Jessie Owens then?

I'm thinking China has ostracised itself a fair bit, they keep pushing it, all over the world, most of the world is unimpressed. Unfortunately, there is a bit of a symbiotic relationship between N America and China, the rest of the world as well, particularly the developing word, where China is throwing a lot of funds. it's going to take time and effort to undo our entanglement.. I'm hoping they don't get them(Olympics).

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Education = Bad. Repetitive Mantra = Good.

Just repeat what they say and nobody that matters gets hurt. That is the Different Normal now.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Just repeat what they say and nobody that matters gets hurt. That is the Different Normal now.
Hooray! Groupthink is double plus good!

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

China's Rebuttal. You decide.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

As long as everyone thinks that, then yes, but if someone thinks something else than something "Different" happens.

Remember the Lab in Wuhan burnt down, then the UN was allowed to inspect it. What did the UN inspect? We now all have to agree that the SARS Corona Type-2 didn't happen at the lab, as there was found no evidence. Repeat that, "The Virus didn't come from China since there was no evidence in the lab".

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

China's Rebuttal. You decide.

Well. This coupled with the WHO’s recent report that it “definitely probably (maybe)”wasn’t a Chinese lab that released Covid onto the world, tied into the fact China never gave over their records gives me the warm fuzzies and truth I needed! I feel better now thanks.

*Checks for kidneys

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

As long as everyone thinks that, then yes, but if someone thinks something else than something "Different" happens.

Remember the Lab in Wuhan burnt down, then the UN was allowed to inspect it. What did the UN inspect? We now all have to agree that the SARS Corona Type-2 didn't happen at the lab, as there was found no evidence. Repeat that, "The Virus didn't come from China since there was no evidence in the lab".
Ya beat me by that much!

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Does that include organ harvesting?

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

Why didn't they go directly inside and show us people currently in the centers and talk to them?

And they didn't actually address anything the second guy said or any of his evidence; they just attacked him personally.

edit on 17-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Why didn't they go directly inside and show us people currently in the centers and talk to them?

“The dead don’t talk much”

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
sad topic for me, but on point. Biden clearly got the memo from his phone call to toe the line. People have no idea how big of a deal it was for Trump and Pompeo to speak out openly against China. No president and pretty much no world leader had done that since Clinton's closed-door diplomacy rule.

edit on 17-2-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Does that include organ harvesting?

You better believe it. If people are missing due to odd circumstances, you can bet Organ Harvesting is in the mills.

And they didn't actually address anything the second guy said or any of his evidence; they just attacked him personally.

The lab where this happened burnt down, so the building was probably just as full as those ghost towns China is famous for.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join