It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry King Dead At 87

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
RIP Larry King. It appears that corona has taken another victim. Although the article says there is no official cause of death, King was fighting The Corona Virus. King was not in optimum health by any means. Still a tragic loss.

LarryKing the award-winning TV and radio host who became a household name with his long-running CNN show Larry King Live, died Saturday morning at the age of 87.
“With profound sadness, Ora Media announces the death of our co-founder, host, and friend Larry King, who passed away this morning at age 87 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles,” King’s official Twitter announced Saturday morning. No cause of death was provided, but King’s death came weeks after it was revealed that the 87-year-old host was battling coronavirus.

In the business since the 1950’s, he will leave an impression and a gaping hole in his field.

For 63 years and across the platforms of radio, television and digital media, Larry’s many thousands of interviews, awards, and global acclaim stand as a testament to his unique and lasting talent as a broadcaster. Additionally, while it was his name appearing in the shows’ titles, Larry always viewed his interview subjects as the true stars of his programs, and himself as merely an unbiased conduit between the guest and audience. Whether he was interviewing a U.S. president, foreign leader, celebrity, scandal-ridden personage, or an everyman, Larry liked to ask short, direct, and uncomplicated questions. He believed concise questions usually provided the best answers, and he was not wrong in that belief.”

I respected Larry King for what he did in his field. Prayers for his family and friends. It appears that 2021 is going to be no respite from 2020.

Read more here - www.google.com...
edit on 1/23/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe fondly recall working summer nights in the 70’s for college tuition and listening to him and Art Bell. Both were distinctive voices. He had a knack of getting the hottest women to marry as well.
I suppose that we won’t be seeing those infomercials anymore.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm sure he'll be missed by all 97 of his ex-wives.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe fondly recall working summer nights in the 70’s for college tuition and listening to him and Art Bell. Both were distinctive voices. He had a knack of getting the hottest women to marry as well.
I suppose that we won’t be seeing those infomercials anymore.

Indeed! He was a pioneer. I didn’t agree with him on everything but I can not take that away from him. He is an icon regardless. He will be missed.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hypergamy is real for sure...

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I met King and one of his wives about 15 years ago.
Both seemed to be pretty nice folks.

RIP

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

He was an iconic American broadcaster who's decades of broadcast journalism informed and entertained many outsiders including myself through the medium of Cable Network News , I will remember him with fondness for his interviews , humour and political comment on his Larry King Live show.

RiP Larry.

edit on 23-1-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Funniest bit, Larry King voices Geoff Peterson on Craig Ferguson. Start at 2 mins 20 seconds.

edit on 23-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I am sure he still has a wife or two left in him.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've never been fond of him because he has never struck me as a decent human. Don't know him personally of course but I just have never liked him. Lived a hell of a long life though.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Honestly , I thought he died afew Years ago ? ....but , I feel for his families and friends today . They said he died from Coronavirus ....I wonder if he also got the shot earlier ?

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I actually heard about his death before this thread was created and it was only until a few hours later that I thought about his objective journalistic exploits, and of course the interesting people he interviewed.

Just caught his interview with Vincent Price from 1986, very good

Asked about his views on his legacy in 2014, King said he would have liked to be remembered as a person that “led to more people having information that they didn't have before.” He said he wanted people to remember him as someone who “taught us a lot” in an enjoyable way and who “brought a great deal of pride to his business.”

www.rt.com...

He Definitely achieved that, RIP

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
RIP, Mr. King. He struggled with serious health issues the last few years of his life.

He revealed he had a stroke in March 2019, was in a coma for weeks and considered suicide. "I thought I was going to bite the bullet; I didn't want to live this way," he told an interviewer at Los Angeles station KTLA. In April of that year, he had an angioplasty after complaining of chest pains. But once again, he recovered and kept working.

www.usatoday.com...

One of my favorite interviews was the one he did just after Donald Trump and Melania were married. Their love and devotion to one another was revealed throughout that interview. Larry King didn't hold back from asking the intimate questions.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A very famous, insightful and intelligent man whom was an icon of Americana around the English Speaking world and not only in the US itself and also beyond.

A face and voice that won't be easily replaced if ever.

And he seemed to be a nice enough guy too, lord rest his soul.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
RIP Larry King.

Besides once being the face America watched, I believe he may have been one of the 'few public figures' that brought a large amount of attention to some of the events involving UFO's and UAP.

Phoenix, AZ. , Stephenville, Texas didn't matter. As a side note, some of the highest ratings the show got was when they had a UFO Discussion. So even though that Larry may have been interested in the subject, he also knew how to wrangle you in and keep watching his show. And although some other news agencies might do a slight blurb on the subject, Larry had Astronauts, Scientist, Skeptics and Witnesses all giving their take on the phenomena.

People knew that Larry would ask questions and go places the others didn't (or want to) touch, and that's why America would tune in to Larry King LIVE.

He was mocked/impersonated by many and probably best by Norm MacDonald from Saturday Nite LIVE

Suffice it to say, he was unique and never boring.... and Holy Mackerel the guy had Seven (7) Ex-Wives. No wonder he kept working till his final days.

RIP Larry

edit on 1/23/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

top topics

join