It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of unarmed - Ashley Babbit - Trump Protester at the US Capitol - getting shot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
She was not a "conservative protester".

She was an insurrectionist who was forcing her way into our Capitol and got shot. She is not a patriot. She listened to the wrong people. And she paid the price.

Conservative protesters, my ass!

a reply to: timequake

Where exactly are you getting the idea that they were attempting to overthrow the government? You do understand what the word insurrection means, right?
edit on 9-1-2021 by timequake because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Imagine if ATS felt the same about BLM/Antifa

Yeah. That must be the unity and middle ground the Left is always trying to achieve....

edit on 9-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: neutronflux
How many White House breeches ended with people only trespassing being shot and killed?

How many breaches of secured areas have occurred while areas of the white house has been breached in other areas?

How many different ways are you going to attempt to spin "rules for thee but not for me"?

Last time the white house was breached to the level of congress, it was burnt down. How many died that day is lost to history (in any form of exact counts).

Then why did law enforcement on her side of the door stand down. Leaving her unhindered if she was an immediate threat. Is that a false statement, that law enforcement on her side of the door stood aside?

Again. Please list how she was a credible threat that warranted lethal force with no warning, no attempt to be repealed, no attempt at being apprehended?

Area 51 is posted trespassers will be shot.

There is no such posting at the Capitol building. Is that false. You cannot shoot a trespasser on most federal property just because that are trespassing.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
She was not a "conservative protester".

She was an insurrectionist who was forcing her way into our Capitol and got shot. She is not a patriot. She listened to the wrong people. And she paid the price.

Conservative protesters, my ass!

Hey do us a solid and keep us posted on the MSM talking points more, will ya?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Then why did law enforcement on her side of the door stand down. Leaving her unhindered if she was an immediate threat. Is that a false statement, that law enforcement on her side of the door stood aside?

Ask dear leader. The people he put in charge made that call.

Again. Please list how she was a credible threat that warranted lethal force with no warning, no attempt to be repealed, no attempt at being apprehended?

Nah, I don't feel like debating with retarded any more.

There is no such posting at the Capitol building. Is that false. You cannot shoot a trespasser on most federal property just because that are trespassing.

How are americans so ignorant of their own laws?

Like seriously. You guys DESERVE everything you are bringing upon yourselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
Imagine if ATS felt the same about BLM/Antifa

Yeah. That must bu the unity and middle ground the Left is always trying to achieve....

I think more should have been done to arrest rioters over the summer. I am glad none of them were shot on by law enforcement this summer. Am I mistaken?

I don’t think it was right law enforcement in a few cities had to abandon their stations. But am glad people were not killed. That law enforcement was not burdened with making that choice. An no one at a riot was made into a martyr.

So, why are we shooting rioters now? One that clearly was not a credible threat to anyone’s physical well being.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Nah, I don't feel like debating with retarded any more.

Trump has nothing to do with hiring Capital Police.
Stop being a leftard.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

You

If she was a threat, they would not have stood aside.

Nah, I don't feel like debating with retarded any more

Why? Because no person in their reasonable mind would see an unarmed person with their hands occupied as a credible threat warranting being shot with no warning. While people beside her, and the law enforcement personnel coming up the stairs behind were in the line of fire?

You

I was in the military, and stood guard duty. It was clear what would send you to military prison. Shooting an unarmed person only trespassing, with being no credible threat is one of them.

You

By questioning what the government should have the power to do, and not do. By questioning the institution of government that through history is the biggest abuser of person liberty, and demanding accountability, transparency, and audits of actions?
edit on 9-1-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

She may have started as a protester but she ceased being a protester the second she climbed through a barricaded window, in a restricted area of a secure government building, in front of a man with a gun pointed right at her.

Most people will not think you are there for a tea party if you continue coming after all those warning signs.

edit on 9-1-2021 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

She may have started as a protester but she ceased being a protester the second she climbed through a barricaded window, in a restricted area of a secure government building, in front of a man with a gun pointed right at her.

Most people will not think you are there for a tea party if you continue coming after all those warning signs.

Have you watched the video?

Law enforcement were at the doors with here. Then moved aside. If she was a credible threat, why did they move?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Then moved aside. If she was a credible threat, why did they move?

could it have been that they were moving out of the way so that someone with medical training could step in and help?
if you listen you can hear someone yelling back ---k up and get her down, and one cop waving them back from her. and then one of the cops starts rending aid. you see him putting on gloves.

also if you watched it you will see that the cops weren't even up where she was when she was shot, they were down the steps in front of the guy with the suit on.

edit on 9-1-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Then moved aside. If she was a credible threat, why did they move?

could it have been that they were moving out of the way so that someone with medical training could step in and help?
if you listen you can hear someone yelling back ---k up and get her down, and one cop waving them back from her.

I am confuse.

I am referring to law enforcement physical lined up and along the doors with Babbitt.

They move aside. She goes to climb through the window in the door. And will have to negotiate the makeshift barricades. A reaction force is coming up the stairs behind her. As she is occupied with climbing through, a person on the opposite side of the Babbitt/the door comes around a corner and shoots. She falls back into the area the arriving law enforcement reaction force armed with assault rifles just arrived. Or shortly arrives.
edit on 9-1-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So what was the reason the mob stormed the Capital building when the house was in session knowing that most if not all senators, representatives and congresspeople would be there?

Was it to subdue anyone they could find with zip cuffs then fire bomb the place with the Molotov cocktails?

Bring a captive out to gallows they built?

Or was it just a field trip to see parts of the complex that the public is not allowed in?

If the doors to the chamber had been broken down and the mob began entering the Chamber, I strongly feel the armed police that were behind them were at the ready and would have shot many more than the one shot by capital police.

It was sad the woman died with many protestors videoing the whole thing hoping to get likes on Youtube or what not. She tried entering a very secure area while the others appeared hesitant and was fatally shot.

She is not a martyr or anything. Nothing more to see here.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what LEO on her side were doing. The man on the other side was stopping people coming through those doors. If he cared about the other side he could have shot through the glass at any time.

Yes, I've watched the videos. In fact I was the one on the original thread who first pointed out the uniformed LEO leaving.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't understand how you think because she was tacitly permitted through various areas that she was then permitted to proceed through a barricaded window?

Again, at what point should she have been deemed a threat? Should we wait until she has hands on Pence or Pelosi. Do we shoot her after 10 other people pile through the window behind her?

That one shot stopped them at least for the time being.

I still think we need an investigation into how she and others got to that point where someone had to shoot her to stop her from continuing with her bad choices.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Again. Law enforcement was in front of the group at the doors. Face to face. Is that false? Then moved aside. Why. That is when Babbitt made her move to climb through the window of the door.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

If she was a credible threat to anyone’s wellbeing, they would have acted. Law enforcement would not have left her if she was a threat to any senator or congress person. They were not forced to retreat. They simple stood down.

Why.

link   

It's also possible the other's left because there was still a plain clothed security on the landing and they had come against a barrier with armed men on the other side and felt the "civil protesters" would stop right there anyway.

But make no mistake there were still two security people within feet of her and no one gave her permission to jump through a window.

link   
Well, if you have a mob cramming you up against the door you will move aside to get a better line of fire.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The uniformed officers did start heading back down the stairs before she climbed up on the window but they left after talking to the plain clothed security and after seeing the door was barricaded and an armed guard was on the other side.

Then returned after the shooting and after the plain clothed security tried to lift her and pointed out she had been shot.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You are confusing a few steps.

The man who shoots her doesn't come around a corner but is stood on the left side in a doorway the entire time with his gun out and in plain site.

The uniformed officers also start back down the stairs and one stops to talk to the plain clothed security at the top of the stairs all before she decides to climb the window.

edit on 9-1-2021 by Identified because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join