It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of unarmed - Ashley Babbit - Trump Protester at the US Capitol - getting shot

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Go back and read my first post in this thread.

You are assuming the remits of various security within the complex.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Also, one general said there were special forces operatives mixed in with the crowd. Maye the cops didn't want to injure any of them.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

You

Again, at what point should she have been deemed a threat? S

When she had clear intent to physical harm a senator or congress person with the means.

As far as I know. She mode no threat and was unarmed. Is that false.

edit on 9-1-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

You are confusing a few steps.

The man who shoots her doesn't come around a corner but is stood on the left side in a doorway the entire time with his gun out and in plain site.

The uniformed officers also start back down the stairs and one stops to talk to the plain clothed security at the top of the stairs all before she decides to climb the window.

Please link to a video with a timestamp.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Go back and read my first post in this thread.

You are assuming the remits of various security within the complex.

I didn’t assume anything. I was quiet clear.

I am referring to law enforcement physical lined up and along the doors with Babbitt.

They move aside. She goes to climb through the window in the door. And will have to negotiate the makeshift barricades. A reaction force is coming up the stairs behind her. As she is occupied with climbing through, a person on the opposite side of the Babbitt/the door comes around a corner and shoots. She falls back into the area the arriving law enforcement reaction force armed with assault rifles just arrived. Or shortly arrives.

If she was a credible threat to anyone’s wellbeing, they would have acted. Law enforcement would not have left her if she was a threat to any senator or congress person. They were not forced to retreat. They simply stood down.

Why.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

If she and the group was such a threat that a firearm was drawn on then, that means an escalation. The law enforcement on the same side as Babbitt would not have simply stood down and aside.

Added: it also means clear and precise instructions should have been given for the group at the door to get down for apprehension/ detainment. That would result in all law enforcement present becoming active with arrests.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

here is a better video, have to sign in youtube to watch it. yes there were three uniformed cops standing in front of the door. but they left before she climbed up. no cops were standing in front of the door when she was shot.

even out on the streets cops will not advance or hold their ground unless they have sufficient numbers to try and stop rioters.
three men aren't going to stop, at least 50, maybe even hundreds of rioters.

here is the video, cops move at 1:20 mark, then at 1:45 mark when door starts to break they move down the stairs, she starts her climb at 2:04,2:05/06 shot is fired, cops are not there.

video won't post, here is the link,
Video of ashley babbitt being shot at the capitol building by guard

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The first thing that appears out of the stair well is a reaction force of law enforcement with rifles. There was no mob of 50?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I can think of three reasons why they did. The cops were afraid. The cops were not trained properly. Or the cops were sympathizers. Either way, are you saying that if a BLM member was in this woman's shoes at that exact moment, you'd be defending her? That it's ok for a BLM member to break into the Capitol and start breaking the glass on a locked door to get to, say, Mitch McConnel? You might want to let them know then.

edit on 9-1-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Video shows fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt in the Capitol

www.washingtonpost.com...

At this point, one officer guarding the door said to the others, “They’re ready to roll,” and gestured to them to come with him, the video shows. The officers stepped away from the door together and moved to an adjacent wall.
With the door clear of law enforcement, some of the rioters renewed their efforts to break through. One used a helmet, and another tried with a flagpole.
About 20 seconds after the officers stepped aside, a loud scream is heard on the footage. One man shouted three times that an officer on the other side of the door had a gun. An officer with a gun can be seen at the edge of the video’s frame. The warning was repeated by another man, but other rioters continued trying to smash through the doorway.

Around this time, the departing officers were met by colleagues wearing helmets and armed with rifles, who had arrived from a stairwell behind Babbitt and the rioters, according to other video posted to social media. These officers began evacuating the officers who had guarded the door down the stairs.
With help from someone who hoisted her up, Babbitt began to step through a portion of the door where the glass had been broken out. An officer on the other side, who was wearing a suit and a surgical mask, immediately shot Babbitt in the neck. She fell to the floor.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I can think of three reasons why they did. The cops were afraid. The cops were not trained properly. Or the cops were sympathizers. Either way, are you saying that if a BLM member was in this woman's shoes at that exact moment, you'd be defending her? That it's ok for a BLM member to break into the Capitol and start breaking the glass on a locked door to get to, say, Mitch McConnel? You might want to let them know then.

That an armed person posing no credible threat was shot.

There is no “defense”.

I am saying from my military training, there was no justification for shooting whoever the person was.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If a person has free arms and legs they are a potential threat. The police didn't know what she had in her backpack.

Since you have military training, what do you do when little kids run up to you asking for chocolate or a food item, then drop a live grenade and runoff?

edit on 9-1-2021 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
The woman was a traitor and got what she deserved. Period.

Wow...lol OK....

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

There is no “defense”.

I am saying from my military training, there was no justification for shooting whoever the person was.

Sh!t happens when you have guns pointed at you....Maybe climbing though a window towards them was a bad choice. Its like someone stepping out into the street daring someone not to stop. Sometimes they stop and sometimes they don't, but in any case maybe don't do either.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The first thing that appears out of the stair well is a reaction force of law enforcement with rifles. There was no mob of 50?

what are you blind, you better look again,watch this whole video and pay attention to the guy yelling as he pans around make a whole at the 2:46 mark. all those people are on the same floor in front of the door, waiting to go through it. the stairwell comes up beside the floor.

that is more than three cops who had left before the door starts to break could handle and the shot is fired from the other side of the door. not from the reactionary force. no cops were in front of her and just moved to let her go in.

Capital Shooting Victim 3 Angles, Eyewitness Interview, Full Story

edit on 9-1-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: neutronflux

There is no “defense”.

Sh!t happens when you have guns pointed at you....Maybe climbing though a window towards them was a bad choice. Its like someone stepping out into the street daring someone not to stop. Sometimes they stop and sometimes they don't, but in any case maybe don't do either.

Thats pretty much my take, she did not deserve anything, but she would still be alive if she did not push it.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
If a person has free arms and legs they are a potential threat.

Not for a trained armed law enforcement agent not within arms, or legs length.

The police didn't know what she had in her backpack.

They were no concerns when standing face to face with her.

An explosive device could have been easy rigged to explode if Babbitt became detained or shot.

Since you have military training, what do you do when little kids run up to you asking for chocolate or a food item, then drop a live grenade and runoff?

Blow up I guess.

So, fortunately no kids trespassed while I was on military duty.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

that says what i've been saying, they left cause the couldn't stop them. notice these words,

These officers began evacuating the officers who had guarded the door down the stairs.

edit on 9-1-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I just cited a source.

Shrugs.

From my cited source. Before the shooting.

As the lawmakers and officials were being evacuated, one rioter wearing a fur-lined hat repeatedly punched the doorway’s glass panels immediately behind the officers, creating extensive damage, the video footage shows. The rioter tried to get around one officer, identified by a patch on his jacket as K. Yetter, while several rioters yelled at the police to let them through.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I did read a little on the subject. She was hardcore Trump speech, conspiracies QAnon and a leader in the military. Many of the door breaches were started by group leaders. She may have been trying to lead the rest through the door, I see no other reason why she would do such a thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join