It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you believe and how convinced are you?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

I once saw an orb, clear as day and bright as the sun, fly past and between my friend and I during an extremely happy moment as young kids. It zigged and zagged and it only took a few moments but it's entrance and exit looked interdimensional, kind of like the Star Trek shield

Very interesting. My only experience is a little similar. Me and my childhood best friend was sleeping under the stars about 15-20 years ago. We slept next to the wall of my house. We saw two orbs flying together passing right above/over us, then up and over the roof of the house down the street. They were very fast and agile (kinda playful in the way they moved). We both looked at each other and said something similar to "wth was that?". We eventually grew apart, but still meet from time to time. A few years ago we talked about strange events, and this one came up. I don't remember who brought it up first, but the other one instantly remembered the event.

I have no idea what the orbs could have been. I only know it wasn't a hallucination because we both reacted to it immediately. And we still remember the event clearly many years later. It was definitely not headlights or drones (tech that would only be available over a decade later). I have wondered if they could have been some kind of ball lightening, but the way they flew up and above my neighbors roof makes me doubt it.

As with most accounts like these, no proof
But I'd be willing to testify with a lie detector and put all my personal savings on line to prove the experience is not made up.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My opinion for your entertainment)

I am convinced that UFO experience is strictly personal...it is for your eyes only. Trying to convey or convince someone who has not seen it is not possible due to bizarre nature of the claim.
ETs are slowly reveiling themselves via deliberate exposure...comes to mind Gimbal and other video captures which could be easily avoided once ETs decide to remain total stealth.

I am a vitness of several sitings and I know they are here.

Happy New year folks.

edit on 30-12-2020 by Encounter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMe74

Some percent of sightings - probably another 5 to 9% are "black project" and experimental aircraft. We know for sure that this has happened (Stealth Fighter tests in the 70's, for example).

Off topic maybe and not picking on you as the statement above or similar is repeated quite often and whilst I'm sure there are a few cases there seems to be very little evidence that a significant number of reports are in fact of black projects / experimental aircraft.

Seems to me to be a Bluebookesque categorisation.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

There's plenty of evidence-
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Goes back to the 70's with the stealth fighter, too.
And, it's not just the US government secret planes, there are many other countries building their own. There is a lot more evidence for this than there is for aliens....

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMe74

Trick is what about the military people that have seen things they cant figure out, pilots, aircraft maintenance, enlisted aviators.

Many have seen things that dont fit the profiles they are aware of or know about all over the world, I had one experience as I walked out the door to goto work on base.

got to work discussed it with pilots and boom operators in the sq these guys and gals many that had decades in the air had no clue what I saw.

Ive got 600 hours flight time as an FE and probably another 1000 as a flying crew chief and to this day a decade later I have seen or heard of nothing that fits the profile I saw.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Trick is what about the military people that have seen things they cant figure out, pilots, aircraft maintenance, enlisted aviators.

Yup - there are definitely things that defy explanation. Is it aliens? Not sure. I don't think it's the most plausible explanation, but it's possible. I hope it is though!

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hynek said them seem to come here via the 'Astral Plane'. I believe they are spirits from other worlds but can also exist as physical bodies appropriate to their nature. They are not good. They are here to exploit us. They wish to reveal their presence but in a very measured way. They do this to recruit a select group of people who they can use.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

With out a doubt most of them are cutting edge tech, I still remember the first time I saw and heard a B-2 come in for landing at night my first thought was yep that explains a lot of sightings.

But there is always a small percentage, just like with project blue book there is that little bit that defies explanation.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth.

Its only one true alien in the atmosphere..a real alien. Any other alien is really not in this time to fathom.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

The 'SAMSUNG' is the only alien that resides within your earth's atmosphere. All other make-believe stuff that, was programmed after 1942 at 7:15 am is not, and never, and could never, and was never, alien from puter space-related.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 03:35 AM
link   

For me this one is a slam dunk.

If you look at the early UFO accounts from the 18th, 19th and early 20th century you see people time and again describing physical crafts made from metal that were described using terms common at the time (Such as Airships or rockets). They are described with familiar features such as monitorstv screens, and even rivets. We have multiple accounts of them using familiar propulsion mechanisms, and there are documented cases of people getting too close to them when they take off and getting burned by jetsexhausts.

Take the Falcon Lake incident (www.cbc.ca...) where a picture that's been proved real was taken showing a man who was burned by the exhaust of a UFO as it took off.

UFO reports have changed over the years just as you would expect with a physical alien race. New models of spaceship are bound to be produced, and new technologies are bound to be introduced. Our planes from 100 years ago went from doped fabric to steel skins, to whatever the new stealth aircraft are made from in a short period of time so it stand to reason that aliens would make new ships as well, which is exactly what we've been seeing.

If this were some kind of natural phenomena, or if it were supernatural you wouldn't see technological advancement. Ghost sightings have barely changed in 1000 years, the same with monsters and other paranormal creatures. We're still seeing the exact same ghosts in the exact same places as our distant ancestors. Yet UFOs have gone from cigar shaped to rocket shaped to saucer shaped to triangular, just as we've gone from airships to bi planes to mon planes, and so on.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnPassant
Hynek said them seem to come here via the 'Astral Plane'. I believe they are spirits from other worlds but can also exist as physical bodies appropriate to their nature. They are not good. They are here to exploit us. They wish to reveal their presence but in a very measured way. They do this to recruit a select group of people who they can use.

I respect Hynek's methodologies, but disagree with his conclusions. Why would a spiritastral creature form another level of existence need a physical nuts and bolts craft with a rivetted hull? Because that's what UFO reports from his period typically described when people saw them up close.

Hynek's era saw multiple reports of landed craft with physical creatures inside. In fact his era was well known for people reporting that the creatures inside UFOs landed and took plant and rock samples. Or that they were conducting scientific experiments.

I was convinced that UFOs were space ship pretty much as soon as people described them as having TV like monitors inside and leversdials on their control consoles. Things that would be used by people from other planets who see with eyes like ours and move controls with limbs like ours.

The argument that UFOs aren't simply space ships falls apart very quickly when you look at the reports from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Which constantly describe them as being exactly that.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMe74
a reply to: chunder

There's plenty of evidence-
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Goes back to the 70's with the stealth fighter, too.
And, it's not just the US government secret planes, there are many other countries building their own. There is a lot more evidence for this than there is for aliens....

I agree ref evidence for aliens but not empirical evidence for UFO's.

I don't think a plane being transported on a highway is a relevant example - for a start it isn't flying. Google will throw up lots of quotes of sightings being attributed to experimental aircraft but while we're talking evidence there doesn't seem to be any to substantiate it ?

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
If this were some kind of natural phenomena, or if it were supernatural you wouldn't see technological advancement.

Unless we are seeing a natural phenomena that, for some reason, is always interpreted as being technological in nature and described by the witnesses with the knowledge they have of their own era's technology.

We can see this in some cases of supposed UFO photos, when many people say it looks metallic just because it has brighter areas that appear to reflect the light in a specular way.

That's why we need physical samples, to be able to really try to understand what we are seeing instead of having to rely on witnesses' reports.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnPassant

I respect Hynek's methodologies, but disagree with his conclusions. Why would a spiritastral creature form another level of existence need a physical nuts and bolts craft with a rivetted hull? Because that's what UFO reports from his period typically described when people saw them up close.

Why would any spiritual being be interested in the physical world? They always have been. Just because we can't fathom their agenda does not mean they do not have one. It seems to me that these beings are spirit and biological. That is where the evidence points.
edit on 1-1-2021 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't know if it's possible for a person to choose what they believe. I can't suddenly decide that tomorrow I'm going to start believing that half the people in the world are actually aliens but don't know it.

Beliefs are either instilled in you when you're a kid, or at some later point you are exposed to enough consistent, seemingly reasonable information that you have no choice but to accept it as true, even if it isn't 100% verified.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

If you look at the early UFO accounts from the 18th, 19th and early 20th century you see people time and again describing physical crafts made from metal that were described using terms common at the time (Such as Airships or rockets). They are described with familiar features such as monitorstv screens, and even rivets.

Can you provide some reputable sources that indicate that people in the 18th-19th century were describing "monitors, tv screens, and rivets" on unexplained things in the sky? I have never seen that before, or anything other than vague descriptions of airships from 19th century sightings.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

... In fact his era was well known for people reporting that the creatures inside UFOs landed and took plant and rock samples. Or that they were conducting scientific experiments.

This is "well known"? Sources?

edit on 1/2/2021 by JustMe74 because: quote issue

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I believe the phenomenon is real and that the most likely explanation (once you take out natural phenomena, misidentified stars/planets, regular and military planes, etc.) is extradimensional.

I WANT to believe that at least part of it has an extraterrestial origin, but I doubt it's possible, the distances are too vast. Perhaps someone out there has cracked the secrets of FTL travel or we have been visited by advanced IA or artificial beings so the travel times may not be an issue; but still I think it's unlikely.

Of course, I don't have any proof and it looks like unless I have an experience myself I will never have proof.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

UFO reports have changed over the years just as you would expect with a physical alien race. New models of spaceship are bound to be produced, and new technologies are bound to be introduced.

...either that or there are different species out there. Each has own needs for shape and overall disignmay be due to physical and anatomy demands.
But what in my view actually unites them is propulsion system. They are all 'take off at tramendous speeds, vanish into the night sky in a blink of an eye'. This does tell in my opinion that despite the origin, they have the same propulsion mechanism.

Could be that none of those visitors 'know' how it works. They only know how to build it but not back engineer.

edit on 13-1-2021 by Encounter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join