It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you believe and how convinced are you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm not going to read the book. Show me video, or photos. Show me anything that indicates any sign of life outside of this blue and green ball.

You can't

Seriously, I think you have some pretty serious comprehension skills there rmf
Thanks anyway

Say the totally sane person who wrote this.

"Aliens are already here and come from another dimension, pretending to be physical friendly presences, when in fact they are spiritual and malevolent"
What makes you more sane then the next?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
OK, inter dimensional aliens that pretend to be friendly are real but there's absolutely zero proof that this is really a thing and not just an idea dreamed up by either a mentally ill person or a complete bull#ter. You've sold me on it. I've changed my mind...I'm in!

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

OK, inter dimensional aliens that pretend to be friendly are real but there's absolutely zero proof that this is really a thing and not just an idea dreamed up by either a mentally ill person or a complete bull#ter. You've sold me on it. I've changed my mind...I'm in!
Do you need proof that you exist? Or do you take advantage of believing you live?
edit on 29-12-2020 by CopeLongCut because: advance to advantage

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CopeLongCut

I think you have issues.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Ditto. So, who is right and who is wrong?a reply to: RMFX1

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CopeLongCut
Ditto. So, who is right and who is wrong?a reply to: RMFX1

Show me the evidence. I already explained to you, that in an arguement like this the onus is not on me to prove a negative. If it's real, surely you can prove it. Show me. It's simple. Let's see it.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

The onus is not on me to prove a negative. Its on you to prove that your claim is real. There is zero proof that there's anything out there and that's the reality. There may well be but we certainly haven't observed it.

RMFX1, thank you for your reply.

This thread was intended to be about what you actually do believe. I understand you don't believe in the ET hypothesis. But I was trying to get a positive statement out of people, ie, what they think UFOs are rather than just what they think UFOs are not.

Am I correct in assuming you think there is no reality behind the phenomenon, and that it is all just a combination of hoaxes and misidentifications and hallucinations?

And if that is the positive statement you wish to make, how convinced are you of your own viewpoint?

edit on 29-12-2020 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

That's my opinion. I'm prepared to be proven wrong, but as it stands now there's no convincing evidence to suggest that I am. From our perspective, the universe is dead.

I'll leave this thread now, don't want to bring it down any more. Obviously we don't agree and that's fine and not going to change so I'm out.

edit on 29-12-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Seen enough for myself to know the phenomenon is real.
I have theories but really I have no idea as to what or who they are.

And seeing them with your own eyes is not enough as you will begin to question yourself. I was lucky to not be the sole witness in a couple of remarkable sightings.

I do believe that the answer is not something easily explained and may never be.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjocksteffe
100% believer of the phenomenon due to personal experiences.

But not sure exactly what we are dealing with. It seems far far more complex than the simple explanation of small scientists coming here in a flying saucer.

My best guess is that planet Earth is heading for some type of contact. But they have to prepare us before it can happen. Basically its probably about reducing our egos (like Buddhist enlightenment).
This might take some time.

I love how you linked the phenomenon with spirituality. For some reason, I'm not sure what exactly, I think an encounter with a flying saucer would be a spiritual experience for me. I think you're onto something there.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Sorry I should have said that no I don't think it's down to only misidentifications and hallucinations. I think that almost everyone who reports any of these events are liars. Some are nutjobs, but some are seeing terrestrial tech. That's where I am with it.

edit on 29-12-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
(Retracted first comment on my answer), so we can be civil....

Going back to the first statement of the OPs post. "What do you believe UFOs are?"

UFOs are an black book. Seeing an UFO comes from stories, also, human experiences, even an profit driven book or articles.

There are a lot of proofs. Or, debunks. One is spinning around the wheel, another, some trying to reinvent.a reply to: RMFX1

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I can't make any sense of this word salad. This incoherent post is the end for me.

If you want to believe in aliens, believe in them, or believe in demons pretending to be aliens. I don't care, but I don't believe in anything without proof. It's not real as far as anyone knows.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I'm not going to read the book. Show me video, or photos. Show me anything that indicates any sign of life outside of this blue and green ball.

You can't

Seriously, I think you have some pretty serious comprehension skills there rmf
Thanks anyway

Says the totally sane person who wrote this.

"Aliens are already here and come from another dimension, pretending to be physical friendly presences, when in fact they are spiritual and malevolent"

I am not justifying my sanity, most the stuff I believe is pretty out there
What I was saying is your comprehension skills need some serious work

Go get em bud

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I think that the vast majority of people reading this thread will disagree with you.

I understand you completely. You believe in inter dimensional malevolent monsters. That's all anyone needs to know.

And yet, still no solid proof. This discussion is a joke and to be honest, it's a reflection of the space that ATS has become. It's embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjocksteffe
100% believer of the phenomenon due to personal experiences.

But not sure exactly what we are dealing with. It seems far far more complex than the simple explanation of small scientists coming here in a flying saucer.

My best guess is that planet Earth is heading for some type of contact. But they have to prepare us before it can happen. Basically its probably about reducing our egos (like Buddhist enlightenment).
This might take some time.

Excellent post and that sums up my own perspective on the UFOs

After the Encounters with the radiant white motherships, ufo orbs (of a great many colour types and sizes), rhombus fleet, grounded discs, then for sure they are here already and for whatever reason I just think about it every day minimum, but no nearer to understanding what's going on.

If I was asked the what, why, where etc re the UFOs then I'd guess that it's something that exists around us all the time, indeed there are probably other life forms / ships right close to us now, thing being with our limited senses we just can't see them being there.

The incredible amount of different ships well it could be we have loads of different species visiting us, then again it might be just the same as witnessing a ghost from the past UFOs might be the same from the past or the future. Maybe not time travelling, just something nearer to time slip, maybe that means time as we see it doesn't exist at all and everything we experience will always be experienced.

These life experiences if constant and revolving rather than ending, well we all have these bodies and your soul might be sent to live out the experience pre programmed to happen many times just like re-incarnation. You might experience many human experiences, or other animal experiences. You might even go and ride on the motherships buzzing around. But those experiences might well be of the same as what one is experiencing as being a 2020 human being.

Time slips do happen to people. We all know someone who for eg watched in awe as a Roman Legionnaire or his column marched along a Roman road in Britain 2000 years after that actually happened. But! The Legionnaire is clearly there, clearly still doing his job. Now does that mean time does not exist? We for whatever reason see a failing in the veil that keeps one life experience from another? If that is the case do the technological advancements we also see just like the Roman also happen from the same time slip? We see the mothership zipping by and even though that might be in the past or future and a similar time slip it's still doing its thing just as that Roman Legionnaire is doing in that brief slip of the veil

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Mainly misinformation & disinformation unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

That's a nice OP. Yes exactly, is all I can say.

I was on a Mountain, the alps next to the border between Austria and Bavaria, with a friend at night. We saw them flying ziggzagg, abrupt stops and acceleration, "hitting" eachother with lightbeams, it was like watching puppies play.
While it happened we didn't move, it was like the rest of the world had stopped and disappeared for a few moments, only after they were gone the spell was broken and we both were like "WTF!?"

In retrospective to me it was an initiation, the moment I started searching and to doubt reality a bit, because afterwards there came a few not immediately UFO-related weirdness events, partially I think I made them happen, mostly it was answers I didn't ask for.

But it's like you say, even if you get those "answers" it's not an explanation I could say I comprehend.
There are those "big words" that are really traps, like aliens, God/s, angels, demons etc. that always get in the way.

Great OP, really a lot of truth. Thank you. It gives me hope more and more people start to understand.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I think calling a person a nutjob for being fortunate/unfortunate enough to have had first hand experiences is a little rough.
Especially after saying "unless i seen it with my own eyes"

I respect and expect people with no first hand experience to doubt, but not diss people who have. Usually its the ones who live in cities and spend their lives in an office or in front of a keyboard that do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join