It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the vaccines fail?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The vaccines are not true vaccines. At least not vaccines the way we have been taught that vaccines are supposed to work.

The purpose of a vaccine is to create an immune response without becoming infected. That is what this (these) vaccines do. These vaccines are different though, in that they do not use the virus itself to induce a response.

edit on 12/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Galacticsun

The vaccine is the Soma for our "Brave New World".

Soma is a psychoactive drug. This isn't that.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
These vaccines are different though, in that they do not use the virus itself to induce a response.

Unlike Moderna's and Pfizer's RNA vaccines, the probably soon to be approved AstraZeneca (Oxford) vaccine is a weakened modified live chimpanzee cold virus, the Sinovac (Chinese) vaccine is an inactivated version of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the CanSino Biologics (Chinese) vaccine is a modified human cold virus, and Russia's Sputnik V vaccine is based on two human cold viruses.

I believe they all target the rather mutable spike protein, whereas the body's natural immune response is strongest against the more stable N protein. Future vaccines may take this into account.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

There was no vaccine in 1918. Very many died and things got very bad.

The COVID vaccine won't "fail", from all indications, but things will settle down sometime next year. Without it, it would take much longer.

That wasn't a manmade virus. No way to compare both viruses.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

mRNA technology holds great promise. For disease immunity as well as autoimmune and other genetic disorders.

"Tricking" cells into producing insulin, perhaps. For example.
medicalxpress.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Galacticsun

Does this mean that people would have to then get 6 to 8 shots per year indefinitely (or until herd immunity) to be properly immunized? Add to this that only 49% of the American population say they would be willing to get the vaccine (as seen in the article below).

I've heard around 4 shots a year, but even that is way too many imo. I really fear what will happen if too many people refuse to take the vaccine, it will encourage governments to take very heavy handed actions and people will revolt. The good news is that something like half of all people already have immunity from being infected with covid-19 or a similar coronavirus in the past, so vaccinating half the population who willingly take it may be enough.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we have annual flu shots because the flu mutates and the same thing applies to covid. They say these recent mutations won't change the effectiveness of the vaccine but even if that's true it won't remain true as covid mutates into countless different strains. We've never had a vaccine for the common cold (which is also a coronavirus) which is probably why they were forced to use this new RNA based method.

Quite frankly I'm not willing to take multiple vaccines every year which inject genetic material designed to alter my cells. Sorry but it's just not happening, I'd rather get Covid and develop a natural immunity, which also probably lasts longer than 3 months. I just don't trust the mass production process well enough to ensure I won't be paralyzed by micro-contaminents and I also don't trust rapidly developed drugs using experimental tech, I generally just don't trust humans lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

We've never had a vaccine for the common cold (which is also a coronavirus) which is probably why they were forced to use this new RNA based method.

mRNA is not the only approach being used.

Quite frankly I'm not willing to take multiple vaccines every year which inject genetic material designed to alter my cells.
How do you think your immune system works?

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How do you think your immune system works?

My immune system was developed over billions of years, I trust it enough to protect me over experimental man-made solutions.
edit on 24/12/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Good luck with smallpox and polio.
Oh, wait. Vaccines.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

What those vaccines that after most of the world was free, WHO accidently caused an outbreak with the Vaccination program that wasn't necessary as there was NO virus there.

With the new WHO definition of "herd immunity", they will enforce Vaccine passports and for those that are poor unable to prove with paperwork there's a handy chip to record it all on. CHIPS for everything

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

What those vaccines that after most of the world was free, WHO accidently caused an outbreak with the Vaccination program that wasn't necessary as there was NO virus there.
Can you rephrase that so it makes sense?

With the new WHO definition of "herd immunity", they will enforce Vaccine passports and for those that are poor unable to prove with paperwork
So no more illegals? Cool.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Good luck with smallpox and polio.
Oh, wait. Vaccines.

I'm not against vaccines which protect against viruses which are truly deadly and only need to be taken once or twice as a child. Having to take Covid shots on top of flu shots for the rest of our lives is a slippery slope, do we just start taking another vaccine every time a new virus comes along even if most people barely feel the symptoms? Where does it end? If a new virus came along which truly scared me then I probably would get vaccinated, but I refuse to play into this neurotic and germophobic society we are creating because I believe it's ultimately detrimental to the future health of the human race. At some point we need to let our immune systems do their job.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What if the vaccines fail? Then the people of the world learn to live with a new thing that kills them and moves on ... just like Bears, swimming pools, cigarettes, and automobiles.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Galacticsun
About a month ago I saw a very interesting news headline that surprisingly seemed to get very little attention. The implications of this headline could potentially change life as we know it in a few short years from now as you’ll see in the rest of this post.

“Moderna says vaccine will provide immunity for 3 months”.

www.foxnews.com...

What if Covid-19 vaccines only offer 3 to 6 months of immunity? Per studies as seen in the link below, for most people antibodies produced in response to covid disappear completely within 3 to 5 months of having the virus. This means that just like a cold, you can get covid over and over again.

www.healthline.com...-bottom-line

The Covid-19 vaccines work by tricking your body into producing these same antibodies without actually getting Covid. As of now, vaccine makers are only willing to say that studies show most trial participants have antibodies for 3 to 4 months after the second vaccine shot (the vaccine involves two shots one month a part). No one knows how long the antibodies will stay in the system, or if memory cells will activate antibodies with any future infection, as not enough time has gone by since the first trials to test for antibodies long-term.

So if it’s shown that antibodies produced in response to getting Covid only last 3 to 5 months, who is to say that something similar wouldn’t happen when tricking your body to produce antibodies through a vaccine? Does this mean that people would have to then get 6 to 8 shots per year indefinitely (or until herd immunity) to be properly immunized? Add to this that only 49% of the American population say they would be willing to get the vaccine (as seen in the article below).

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Most of those polled are likely falsely assuming that the vaccine would provide permanent immunity which as of now no one really knows. If it turns out that people will need 6 to 8 shots per year to have immunity, the number of people willing to get the vaccine is likely to drop significantly. This is where things could get very interesting…

If the above scenario ends up being true; that being the combination of having a vaccine that only offers temporary immunity along with a majority of people not willing to get vaccinated because of this, then what does this mean? It means that every time society tries to open up, the virus cases will supposedly spike, the media will be all over this, hospitals will get overwhelmed, and the vicious cycle of lockdowns repeats itself with each lockdown putting more stress on the economy. First one by one will come the announcements from the major vaccine companies that their vaccines only offer temporary immunity, then will come the realization of this by the masses and the media of what this means, then will come the chaos and mass protests of people refusing to lockdown any longer, then comes the massive spikes in corona virus cases, then more lockdowns and stress on economies around the world. What will be the likely response to this by governments around the world? Accurate vaccine tracking on a global scale for the purposes of opening up society to those willing to comply.

I believe this could lead to a scenario where only those who can prove they have immunity via a recent vaccination will be allowed into businesses and public places. This will be seen as the only viable way to allow businesses to be open and allow some semblance of normalcy. How will people be accurately tracked as to whether they’ve had the vaccine? Will a simple phone QR code do as proposed in the below article?

www.foxnews.com...

Not likely as people can just give others their cell phones, QR codes, get fake QR codes etc… as well as there would be huge lines everywhere as someone would need to be standing at entrances and transactional terminals checking and verifying the phones and ID’s. This would not be seen as a practical or efficient solution. Here is where introducing the idea of implanted radio frequency chips into your hand will be seen as the perfect solution from governments around the world. Every business will have sensors at their entrances or transaction terminals which will instantaneously determine vaccination status from the RFID chip. If you want to go to the movies, grocery store, theme park, gas stations, etc.. you will only be able to do the transaction if the chip implanted in your hand shows you have been recently vaccinated.

en.wikipedia.org...(human)

What happens to those who refuse to get this chip? Eventually, to put pressure on everyone to get the chip, you will not be able to do any monetary transaction of any kind even on the internet, not even Amazon delivering to your door, because you will be refusing to be part of the solution of getting society “back to normal”.

I truly hope the above scenario does not play out, because I know it will mean hardship for many millions, especially for anyone who refuses to participate in the RFID tracking. If however 3 years from now the masses start getting chipped in an effort to track the virus and allow those immunized to go about business as usual in a partially opened society, then I will know this virus was intentionally released onto the world for the express purpose of getting as many human beings chipped as possible and ushering in a global government. Hoping for the best however..

I think Vaccines have been a miracle of science. If the government says that I need a shot every 3 months then I will do that because The FDA and the CDC have my best interests at heart. If we have to get microchips so we can do contact tracing and make sure that no one gets sick then I will gladly let the government implant a chip with
Numbers on the chip. Hey it’s not like it’s Dachau or Auschwitz. Those were number tattoos for the Jews. There is no comparison to what is happening now.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey

originally posted by: Galacticsun
About a month ago I saw a very interesting news headline that surprisingly seemed to get very little attention. The implications of this headline could potentially change life as we know it in a few short years from now as you’ll see in the rest of this post.

“Moderna says vaccine will provide immunity for 3 months”.

www.foxnews.com...

What if Covid-19 vaccines only offer 3 to 6 months of immunity? Per studies as seen in the link below, for most people antibodies produced in response to covid disappear completely within 3 to 5 months of having the virus. This means that just like a cold, you can get covid over and over again.

www.healthline.com...-bottom-line

The Covid-19 vaccines work by tricking your body into producing these same antibodies without actually getting Covid. As of now, vaccine makers are only willing to say that studies show most trial participants have antibodies for 3 to 4 months after the second vaccine shot (the vaccine involves two shots one month a part). No one knows how long the antibodies will stay in the system, or if memory cells will activate antibodies with any future infection, as not enough time has gone by since the first trials to test for antibodies long-term.

So if it’s shown that antibodies produced in response to getting Covid only last 3 to 5 months, who is to say that something similar wouldn’t happen when tricking your body to produce antibodies through a vaccine? Does this mean that people would have to then get 6 to 8 shots per year indefinitely (or until herd immunity) to be properly immunized? Add to this that only 49% of the American population say they would be willing to get the vaccine (as seen in the article below).

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Most of those polled are likely falsely assuming that the vaccine would provide permanent immunity which as of now no one really knows. If it turns out that people will need 6 to 8 shots per year to have immunity, the number of people willing to get the vaccine is likely to drop significantly. This is where things could get very interesting…

If the above scenario ends up being true; that being the combination of having a vaccine that only offers temporary immunity along with a majority of people not willing to get vaccinated because of this, then what does this mean? It means that every time society tries to open up, the virus cases will supposedly spike, the media will be all over this, hospitals will get overwhelmed, and the vicious cycle of lockdowns repeats itself with each lockdown putting more stress on the economy. First one by one will come the announcements from the major vaccine companies that their vaccines only offer temporary immunity, then will come the realization of this by the masses and the media of what this means, then will come the chaos and mass protests of people refusing to lockdown any longer, then comes the massive spikes in corona virus cases, then more lockdowns and stress on economies around the world. What will be the likely response to this by governments around the world? Accurate vaccine tracking on a global scale for the purposes of opening up society to those willing to comply.

I believe this could lead to a scenario where only those who can prove they have immunity via a recent vaccination will be allowed into businesses and public places. This will be seen as the only viable way to allow businesses to be open and allow some semblance of normalcy. How will people be accurately tracked as to whether they’ve had the vaccine? Will a simple phone QR code do as proposed in the below article?

www.foxnews.com...

Not likely as people can just give others their cell phones, QR codes, get fake QR codes etc… as well as there would be huge lines everywhere as someone would need to be standing at entrances and transactional terminals checking and verifying the phones and ID’s. This would not be seen as a practical or efficient solution. Here is where introducing the idea of implanted radio frequency chips into your hand will be seen as the perfect solution from governments around the world. Every business will have sensors at their entrances or transaction terminals which will instantaneously determine vaccination status from the RFID chip. If you want to go to the movies, grocery store, theme park, gas stations, etc.. you will only be able to do the transaction if the chip implanted in your hand shows you have been recently vaccinated.

en.wikipedia.org...(human)

What happens to those who refuse to get this chip? Eventually, to put pressure on everyone to get the chip, you will not be able to do any monetary transaction of any kind even on the internet, not even Amazon delivering to your door, because you will be refusing to be part of the solution of getting society “back to normal”.

I truly hope the above scenario does not play out, because I know it will mean hardship for many millions, especially for anyone who refuses to participate in the RFID tracking. If however 3 years from now the masses start getting chipped in an effort to track the virus and allow those immunized to go about business as usual in a partially opened society, then I will know this virus was intentionally released onto the world for the express purpose of getting as many human beings chipped as possible and ushering in a global government. Hoping for the best however..

I think Vaccines have been a miracle of science. If the government says that I need a shot every 3 months then I will do that because The FDA and the CDC have my best interests at heart. If we have to get microchips so we can do contact tracing and make sure that no one gets sick then I will gladly let the government implant a chip with
Numbers on the chip. Hey it’s not like it’s Dachau or Auschwitz. Those were number tattoos for the Jews. There is no comparison to what is happening now.

Exactly. Nothing alike.

Hitler gassed the Jews.

The Vaccine will be injected.

Completely different...

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Really ?

CHAPTER 2: THE SPANISH INFLUENZA EPIDEMIC OF 1918 WAS CAUSED BY VACCINATIONS

Did a Vaccine Experiment on U.S. Soldiers Cause the “Spanish Flu”?

THE TRUTH ABOUT 1918 SPANISH FLU

1918 was not influenza . Influenza was their cover story, to take the blame what they had done with vaccines . They used different vaccines typhoid, small pox and yellow fever...people died then for bacterial pneumonia...not virus. They tryed to infect people with the virus but were not able to do it, because it was not virus that caused Spanish flu...

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
So far I've heard that reinfections are really very rare. There are also research suggesting that immunity might last decades. Lack of detectable antibodies doesn't mean that body forgot how to fight this particular virus

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Do you want me to to give a false truth or do you want a real answer?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
So far I've heard that reinfections are really very rare. There are also research suggesting that immunity might last decades. Lack of detectable antibodies doesn't mean that body forgot how to fight this particular virus

I don't mean to be argumentative, but this vaccine just came out, where's the proof that it will last decades? No, I'm not that trusting.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Let me add what seems to be working for me so far. Back in 2019 I fell and bruised my kidney. After being off my feet for 2 weeks I was referred to an endocrinologist and after running their tests he said I had a Vitamin D deficiency. So he prescribed 50,000 IU pills of Vitamin D2 1 per week through March and April. And then one per month for the following 6 months. Never got the Covid in all that time.

Now about a month ago I woke up and went to the kitchen for breakfast. And noticed I had no taste or sense of smell at all. One of the first signs of the Covid. So knowing that Vitamin D is one of the rumored cures for Covid I had set aside the last bottle of D2 I had gotten for just such an emergency so I took one. Literally 6 hours later everything was working again.

I would suspect there is simple fix for Covid they don't want to tell us about because who would want to pay/get the shots if a Vitamin D regimen or something else that's cheap and available would do the job?

Also if this was a manufactured virus wouldn't they have built in an Achille's heel into it so those in the know could keep from being affected? What good is a weapon if it can come back at you?
edit on 25-12-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join