It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the vaccines fail?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'd be more concerned that the vaccine does more harm than good.
Only God knows the real reason behind this whole covid-19 thing.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Galacticsun

The vaccine is the Soma for our "Brave New World".

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I am in trouble! I am thinking like DBCowboy!

I told some friends that same thing a few days ago.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I am in trouble! I am thinking like DBCowboy!

I told some friends that same thing a few days ago.

Wow, you must either be drinking too much or drinking too much!

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

You missed the most important one...

• It could have an overall longterm weakening of the immune system overall, possibly even permanently compromising it.

edit on 12/24/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's a siege. They can milk it forever if there's enough compliant idiots on the left.
And there is. They give them your money, take your property and freedom. Just like communists but better. Just like the flu but better. The flu shots are irrelevant. They are irrelevant. The only answer is our total resistance. Your shop should stay open as long as you have ammo

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

• It could have an overall longterm weakening of the immune system overall, possibly even permanently compromising it.

True. I think I mentally filed that away under my /long/ term side effect bullet point, but yeah, that is a possibility.

I also neglected to mention developmental/cognitive issues in children in my list (I guess another of the potential long term side effects).

Personally, for me, I'm more concerned about long term adverse side effects for my children than me. They are least out of the toddler/infant category now, though.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I'd take the vaccine today, right now. I said it many times, just waiting when it'll be available for me. I'm in my late 50's. I have some allergies, asthma, arthritis, some kidney problems.... you name it. I'll do it. I'm an essential worker for a food plant, also part time food delivery. I'm exposed most of the time.

Yeah, I got the balls. This is war. Hold my beer. Watch me Rona.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

They won't fail.
They are not meant to be vaccines.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The vast majority of people will survive regardless.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

This is absolutely my biggest concern.

Are seasonal vaccines a prudent course to take, even if they are effective?

We are intervening and disrupting an environment that we have evolved within since the beginning of our species. Are we shooting ourselves in the foot to cure a limp?

We are essentially creating a scenario where we eschew all natural defenses, which have been slowly perfected over millions of years, in favor of a paradigm where we are constantly playing "catch-up." Very profitable situation for those poised to take advantage of it. I mean, vaccine dependency could have horrific consequences for our civilization, but fantastic for exploitation and control. At least for a while..

I suppose we will know within 100-200 years if the tools we are becoming dependent on are truly superior to what has been borne from millions of years of biological "conflict."

Of course, thats all best case scenario.. Where the vaccines have no direct adverse effects and are nearly 100% effective.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: nerbot

I saw that movie!

Obviously not. It was a reference to the movie "Contact" and how government contracts work.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

If the vaccine provides NO immunity, we will be fine, because covid-19 is 99% surviveable. According to the CDC, anyway. I wonder why people don’t use the CDC as a source anymore? Huh. And for the more than 30 people I personally know who have gotten it, it’s been 100% surviveable. Most people only know they have it because they had to get tested. The FLU is exponentially more dangerous and harmful than covid-19.

So if the vaccine doesn’t do sh!t, it’s not a problem.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
First one by one will come the announcements from the major vaccine companies that their vaccines only offer temporary immunity, then will come the realization of this by the masses and the media of what this means, then will come the chaos and mass protests of people refusing to lockdown any longer, then comes the massive spikes in corona virus cases, then more lockdowns and stress on economies around the world. Then comes the final solution by governments around the world, implanting RFID chips to track immunity from recent vaccinations and only allowing those with that status to enter public spaces and do any type of monetary transactions.

The above paragraph was from my opening post (sorry I know it was a long OP and I probably should have made the second half the first half to better make my point for those who only read the first few paragraphs). The implications of a failed vaccine could be catastrophic for life as we knew it, I sincerely hope these vaccines provide long term immunity but as of now there is no evidence to support that they do.

edit on 24-12-2020 by Galacticsun because: typo

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Of course this will become a multi shot per year vaccine.....you don't really think Moderna and Phizer just made them out of the goodness of their hearts do you? The amount of money that went into getting these to market this quickly will be easily made in a year and then continue with each following year.....they already said they could easily adapt for new strains within 6 weeks, so there will be ongoing vaccines for the foreseeable future.

Exactly it's like the light bulb they could make ones that last decades but there is no constant market for that.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Several studies suggest a minimum immunity period of 6 months. New variants might change the picture at some point.

Studies find having COVID-19 may protect against reinfection

Two new studies give encouraging evidence that having COVID-19 may offer some protection against future infections. Researchers found that people who made antibodies to the coronavirus were much less likely to test positive again for up to six months and maybe longer.

The results bode well for vaccines, which provoke the immune system to make antibodies...

COVID immunity lasts at least eight months, new data reveals

Virus antibodies fade fast but not necessarily protection

Like many, I'm loath to take medicine unless I have to, not wanting to endure unintended side-effects. Antibiotics have been handed out like sweets in the past and it seems we're only now realising how much they can screw up your microbiome.

But, given the choice of playing Russian Roulette with the virus or a vaccine, I'd prefer my chances with the latter. Incredible though it may be to admit this here, I believe the vaccine, unlike the virus, has been engineered and tested to do no harm.

It depends which way up you wear your tin foil hat I suppose.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
nothing to worry about ..nature has proven to be the biggest equaliser
humans evolved to be the parasites of earth and nature corrects it
after covid 19 ...covid 20 will come

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, my sister, who is 82 years old, had the vaccine yesterday. She's gotta have the follow up in January. I'll let you know if ANYTHING happens to her.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There was no vaccine in 1918. Very many died and things got very bad.

The COVID vaccine won't "fail", from all indications, but things will settle down sometime next year. Without it, it would take much longer.

edit on 12/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How can a fake vaccines fail?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join