It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID has killed 1 out of 1000 in the US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Funny you say that.

331, 208 deaths per 331 million(population of US) reduces to just over 1 per 1000.

My math is flawless, the guy you started misled you by using bad numbers.

But please tell me how I am stupid and can't do math.....
edit on 23-12-2020 by jrod because: Auto correct

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
This figure was crossed today and will continue to go up. COVID will finish the year as the 3rd leading cause of death. Keep in mind, this figure is deaths per total population, not just those infected.

With the vaccine in limited supply and even more limited by it's roll out due to bureaucracy, greed and denialism; we will still have a few more grim months before the vaccination efforts start to show improvement.

The current surge of deaths will likely result with COVID becoming the leading cause of death in December. Currently heat disease is the leading cause of death, claiming about 2300 lives a day in the US. So far this month, we have seen multiple days in excess of 3,000 deaths a day from COVID. Also life expectancy will drop by as much as 3 years as a result of the pandemic.

While hope is around the corner, this is a grim way to end of the year. With news of a vaccine, many may not take the same precautions to prevent transmission, this along with the season may result in even higher COVID rates before the majority can get the vaccine.

www.worldometers.info...

US poised for deadliest year ever as pandemic cuts life expectancy, experts say
edit on 23-12-2020 by jrod because: US Population: ~331 million, US COVID death: 331, 208 (and rising, figure as of time of OP)

True, but the flu has been practically eliminated, so there's a plus there.. silver lining...

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox
I guess we'll see what happens when they update. I don't know why I'm trying to show there are excess deaths anyway. I don't care at all about the people who are doing most of the dying. **Chuckles in a fiscally responsible manner**

edit on 23 12 2020 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Personally, i believe none of this lockdown shenanigan bull# would have ever been allowed to happen if people had the slightest grasp of numbers with more than 3 zeros in them and just a bit of basic arithmetic skills. It seems to be a skill that's sorely lacking among many people.

a reply to: jrod

I was responding to your 2300 deaths per day number...learn to read.
edit on 23/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: eletheia

The number of COVID deaths in the US is currently 331,208. That figure will be higher at the end of the day....

So what's your #ing point already? Even if we're sooper generous with daily dead people and say 2k dead a day from now until New Year's Day (so the next 9 days, including today) That only jacks your 'Rona 331k up by 18k.

Let's be blunt here. That BARELY fricking edges out last year's total deaths with just being generous with the 'Rona Corpse Count, and isn't that much scarier to include the estimated 70k remaining future corpses from other methods of death over the next 9 days.

My god, Jim, it's like we had a run of the mill super duper bad flu run this year or something, going by the numbers.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
I just dont believe the 300,000+ number, especially when the CDC told us that only 6% of the deaths can be attributed directly to COVID 19

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
CDC: Only 6% of Covid-19 deaths are solely due to Covid-19.

CDC Director: Some Medical people add Covid-19 to the death report, to get more money from the Covid19 fund.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

I'm not one to trust what the CDC says these days

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

We simply don't know. Given the elderly are already frail, isolating them and missing appointments could very well be a huge factor in immediate death.

They are saying the over 80's are vulnerable .....So logically they will be the

first to succumb regardless of frailty, or underlying problems, they have in all

practically reached their life span so really what they die of is immaterial?

No one lives forever......

***Life expectancy at birth in the UK in 2017 to 2019 was 79.4 years for males

and 83.1 years for females.***

So these and all elderly are dying corvid is the excuse.

edit on 23-12-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Look`s to me that they report now influenza cases as covid

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Clearly the EXPERTS who frequent ATS know better than you about what a farce this whole virus scare is. If they will not listen to those uneducated dumbsperts at the CDC did you really have any expectation that they would listen to you????

Lauren Rossen, a data scientist with CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics, told PolitiFact that the numbers of deaths in 2020 are "without a question NOT on par with previous years" and that claims that the numbers are equivalent are based on misinterpretations and misuse of the available data.

www.politifact.com...

link   
RED FLAG: CNN said that half the people who died in America last Wednesday, died of Covid-19.

CNN is the leader of the liars. Everyone will be amazed when they learn what's really happening.

link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Look`s to me that they report now influenza cases as covid

Woah woah woah... They would NEVER inflate the covid numbers to try to make Trump look bad... I can't believe that. Everyone's been so fair to Trump. I mean, right???

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Since day 1 all numbers related to COVID have been skewed . There have been numerous cases that have been reported to have been caused by COVID that were not obviously the cause of death but it was attributed because they supposedly tested positive for the virus. What test was given? Was it a false positive?

Unfortunately my trust in the data is at 0%. Viruses are a part of life and have been since many came to be. It is unfortunate that people get sick and die but it is a fact of life. The COVID hysteria has set a dangerous precedent because COVID will not be the last deadly virus.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Because everything just has to be an anti Trump thing?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It's possible we spared younger deaths, for more deaths of those over 75.

Hence the same total number of U.S. deaths in 2020, as in 2019.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: jhn7537

Because everything just has to be an anti Trump thing?

Being anti-trump became hip/cool on social media... idiots spewing crap at him nonstop, while giving each other high fives over it like they were accomplishing anything..

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So the odds of dying from covid are about the same as dying in a house fire.

And were making everybody stay in the house more!

It's a conspiracy created by big fire I'm tellin' ya.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: LSU2018

Personally, i believe none of this lockdown shenanigan bull# would have ever been allowed to happen if people had the slightest grasp of numbers with more than 3 zeros in them and just a bit of basic arithmetic skills. It seems to be a skill that's sorely lacking among many people.

I was responding to your 2300 deaths per day number...learn to read.

The 2300 was heart disease deaths.

Yes reading properly is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
So the odds of dying from covid are about the same as dying in a house fire.

And were making everybody stay in the house more!

It's a conspiracy created by big fire I'm tellin' ya.

you're more likely to die in a car crash on your way to work, than from this virus. That must be why they have shutdown the economy and locked us all indoors.

It's starting to make sense!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join